EURO JOB ( i think )

fish4.co.uk/iad/jobs/advert; … src=search

I think its uk only as it says national hgv drivers :wink:

i dont know geoff i only saw it today i didnt really take much notice it does say

“Van den Bosch Transport is a leading logistic service provider in the field of International bulk transport”

so you never know i dont know where in wakefield they are i suppose someone on here will ring them and enlighten us. :wink:

in Brum i think they do Cadburys

I think this was the company that Steve enquired about and they offered him a battered R124 Scania streamline cab.

:question:

sounds great… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: work away all week…and expected to work weekends as well…typical dutch firm…and whaty about the dreaded WTD…talk about the foreign firms not sticking to the rules…i wouldnt give them the time of day…

I do not know what wages they offer in the UK but the firm does pay well overhere ,and to be honest as long as the vehicle in question is completely legal ,i will work for any one if the money is correct ,and here for all those who complain about the dutch and the way they work, belive it or not there enforcement controls are good, and they are strict with firms,also they do control the office staff more regulary than the driver,

it does say national try here

Pete…you may be right about the dutch having good controls etc…and their enforcement is second to none…even to their offices…but the job involves driving in the UK…working away all week…and working weekends…that is against the WTD…and against the law…and i have already written to the Vosa about these foreign firms flouting the regulations…and hiding behind their foreign number plates…The law states that a vehicle away from base need have only 24 hrs off as a weekly rest…well although its quite legal because they are on dutch plates…and away from base…these vehicles are also to return to their home base once a month…this is not happening…and this is where the dutch are flouting the law…and why i keep reporting them…and will continue to do so…the Belgiums are also flouting the regs…and they get reported as well…I know a few people who work on these ISO tank companies…for i worked on them as well (for a british firm) and i know they run over their hours on many occassions…some working a 17 hour day…every day…
thats not good for the british haulage industry…which i care a great deal about…

Truckboy, the EUROPEAN ruleing on CABOTAGE is that after "6"weeeks
the vehicle has to return to its home country or out of the one it is working in.

ALSO the "24""hr weekend break applys to all countrys that have to complie with the EU rules,so you can do a 24hr as well if you are away from your base and home, THE “24” weekend rest can only be used
twice and then you will have to take aextended break unless you have
compinstated for the missing hours in the 3 weeks on the road,

Well said Pete…as they say…you learn something new everyday
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brit pete:
THE “24” weekend rest can only be used
twice and then you will have to take aextended break unless you have
compinstated for the missing hours in the 3 weeks on the road,

Three times, not just twice. You could do it for three weeks in a row and then take an extended rest either to make up the 63 hours of compensation or at least to make up the first reduction of 21 hours.

Neil I,m sorry mate but i was prepared to say your wrong but ,i havejust reread and looked properly and yes i,m wrong ,have put a link to a pdf file
where it explains it all, it is at paragraph, 17…

dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 504543.pdf

It’s a very common mistake and you are not alone in making it. :smiley: :smiley: People miss the fact that the compensation for a reduced weekly rest must be paid back by the end of the third week following the reduction. They assume a reduction in weekly rest in week 1 needs paying back at the end of week 3, when in fact it is no later than the end of week 4.