How to stand your ground

Nice one driver. Enjoyed that :laughing:

Maybe he had been stuck in traffic for God knows how long and HAD to find somewhere to stop on 4.29.
Admittedly it didn’t look the best place, but it was quiet in terms of traffic, as proven on the vid.
If it had been me at least I would have tried to explain and appeal to the copper without getting arsey from the start, and he may have been ok about it, then only if not make a stand if I believed to be in the right.
I’ve found if you treat people with respect you get it back.

robroy:
Maybe he had been stuck in traffic for God knows how long and HAD to find somewhere to stop on 4.29.
Admittedly it didn’t look the best place, but it was quiet in terms of traffic, as proven on the vid.
If it had been me at least I would have tried to explain and appeal to the copper without getting arsey from the start, and he may have been ok about it, then only if not make a stand if I believed to be in the right.

not sure if it was a one off though
youtube.com/watch?v=tAeLuVynbt4

thought it was all a bit cringeworthy

Bluey Circles:

robroy:

He’s a militant, argumentative ■■■■■■ IMO.

Bluey Circles:

robroy:

This guy is a ■■■■■■■ idiot who is obviously looking for confrontation to boost his youtube hits. He’s now parked on a road he shouldn’t be and still can’t see why they’ve asked him to move.

And as for the earlier one. Yes, he’s on a 2 lane road but it’s a motorway exit and what if a wide load wants/needs to come off there. Then what ?

I can’t believe we share roads with these people :frowning:

The solution of course is for Her Majs’ Government to get their finger out and provide enough suitable places for drivers to take their legally required breaks. How would such a scheme be funded? I’d suggest cancelling HS2 @ £80+ bullion and allocating some of that wasteful mountain of cash.

If you read the replies I think you will find he is parked on the access road for the Highways Maintainence yard on the A1M at Doncaster that’s why you see no vehicles coming past so to be fair to him he’s not causing an obstruction as motorway regulations end at the start of that access road plus it’s a 2 lane one way traffic road.

I always thought that a solid white line meant a clearway - no stopping.

Socketset:
I always thought that a solid white line meant a clearway - no stopping.

Im of the same thinking pal. I always thought it was clearway/ urban clearway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gembo:

Bluey Circles:

robroy:

Ahh right, he’s a semi professional arse hole, I get it now. :unamused:

robroy:

Gembo:

Bluey Circles:

robroy:

Ahh right, he’s a semi professional arse hole, I get it now. :unamused:

He’s not even one of those!
Little wonder why everyone thinks we’re ■■■■ bags is it when you have nobbers like him running around.

What harm was he really doing to anybody? So what if he was a bolshy ■■■■■ he was minding his own business.
I think the cops and wombles should be dealing with the immigrants that park under bridges on the M25. Now that is a dangerous place to take a break.

Seems like quite a few posters on this thread are not paying attention and are going off half cocked,to suit their own little rant…
He was NOT parked on a motorway…that was / is a ‘motorway maintenance’ depot on off road. You will find that there is VERY little traffic goes up that bit of road , which as the guy said is after the ‘motorway regulations ends’ sign. So,in fact,he was much,much safer,parking there,than anywhere further up that section of A1m…mainly because all the layby’s have been closed / dug up ! (There are only really 2 possible places to stop within the next 15/ 20 minutes .) .
What really ■■■■■■ me off was the actions of that [zb] childish so called cop ! … If he’d behaved like that with me, he would have been told in no uncertain terms,to STOP behaving like a [zb] 5 year old and to get the [zb] away from my truck ! Cop was being a complete ■■■■ … head… and we allow [zb] like that to carry weapons !■■ Very unsafe ,I 'd say ! And they wonder why a LOT of people hate them…

the two coppers were probably bored,had the same thing in the 90s,copper pulled me onto the hard shoulder on the M25,then said it was a routine check,found out afterwards he had no right as the hard shoulder as we know is for emergencys only

Jayen4:
If he’d behaved like that with me, he would have been told in no uncertain terms,to STOP behaving like a [zb] 5 year old and to get the [zb] away from my truck !

Which in the real world translates as “Id sit there not saying a word but by the time the story has done the rounds of the RDC id have sent him packing, sobbing like a girl”

Common sense here:

That is NOT “Legally Parked”.

It IS

Causing an Obstruction
Upsetting Plod
Parked on a clearway
Illegal even for a 15 min.

If the guy is daft enough to admit not planning his legal break better - then he’ll get some points to remind him that such an approach constitutes “Driving without due care and attention”. :wink:

The-Snowman:

Jayen4:
If he’d behaved like that with me, he would have been told in no uncertain terms,to STOP behaving like a [zb] 5 year old and to get the [zb] away from my truck !

Which in the real world translates as “Id sit there not saying a word but by the time the story has done the rounds of the RDC id have sent him packing, sobbing like a girl”

Wrong Snowman ! I am know for telling people precisely what I’m thinking ! Have done so many times , up to and including senior high court judges ! Some people just don’t like hearing the truth…tough… Cops don’t phase me…you however,seem to be indicating that you are frightened of them… No need to be.

Winseer:
Common sense here:

That is NOT “Legally Parked”.

It IS

Causing an Obstruction
Upsetting Plod
Parked on a clearway
Illegal even for a 15 min.

If the guy is daft enough to admit not planning his legal break better - then he’ll get some points to remind him that such an approach constitutes “Driving without due care and attention”. :wink:

You’re wrong on just about everything you’ve said there… About the only thing that’s remotely correct is the ‘Upsetting plod’ bit… Well tough ■■■■■ for them ! One of them should still be in kindergarten anyway, the way he was behaving.

Oh and Tachograph… would you please desist from re censoring my posts !■■ I censored it myself to what I thought was a suitable level. When you do that,it takes away from the ‘inference’ and intention / sentiment of what someone is trying to get across. One of the words that you’ve re censored is not even a swear word ! … I think your censor thingy needs to have the screws made a little less tight… :wink:

Tgtrucker:
So does anyone have any definitive proof (not heresay) that any authoritative body, inc the police aren’t allowed to disturb a driver whilst on a daily rest period? Because to me it sounds like RDC bollox.

Of course the police are allowed to disturb you any time they want. The only definitive rules only apply to the wife, she must never disturb you unduly during weekly or daily rest periods -
“are you going to get the windows washed and the dishes done?”
You’ve been teld before pet, it’s illegal for you to ask me such things when I am on a legally enforced rest period, now run along and get me another beer and make sure its cold enough this time.