Police signs on the A21?

Has anyone else seen the Police signs along the A21, saying ‘Police Video White Lines’?

Does anyone have any idea what the hell they mean? :confused:

Does the road have the solid central no overtaking white line ?

Deathstar:
Does the road have the solid central no overtaking white line ?

Good question.If it does then my guess is if you cross it,you’re done.No ifs or buts.It’s on tape!

That was my initial thought, and off hand i cant remember if they were placed in solid white line stretches, but the signs aren’t exactly clear if that’s what they mean. I’m back down there tomorrow so i’ll pay more attention.

They’re like diversion signs that are put up, not fixed to the ground and with yellow background.

C-Kay:
That was my initial thought, and off hand i cant remember if they were placed in solid white line stretches, but the signs aren’t exactly clear if that’s what they mean. I’m back down there tomorrow so i’ll pay more attention.

They’re like diversion signs that are put up, not fixed to the ground and with yellow background.

OK,so they might have been put there temporarily to try to cut down Bank Holiday brainless incidents ■■?

I’ve never seen them on other bank holidays. I just found the wording a bit strange, it doesn’t actually state anything.

C-Kay:
Has anyone else seen the Police signs along the A21, saying ‘Police Video White Lines’?

They appear every year for the Mayday bank holiday, which is “Bikers Day” in Hastings.
The Police now prosecute anyone caught by these cameras crossing the double white lines.

The A21 passes my front door and every year I witness examples of crazy/dangerous riding where large numbers of bikes are overtaking on the wrong side of double white lines blocking the road for traffic travelling in the opposite direction. There have been several very serious accidents involving bikers on MayDay holidays.

Ah cheers for that. They were bloody gone this morning.

Common practice for the may day run! I didnt do it this year as fed up will all the loons throwing themselves at the scenery!!
Took the kids camping in Norfolk instead!

Quite a few roads I go on that have solid white line and my trailer wheels often go over them. Especially some tight bends that I can’t avoid (speed about 20mph) through villages etc. What’s the legality of that then? road not wide enough to compensate without crossing lines??

Rick B:
Quite a few roads I go on that have solid white line and my trailer wheels often go over them. Especially some tight bends that I can’t avoid (speed about 20mph) through villages etc. What’s the legality of that then? road not wide enough to compensate without crossing lines??

that sounds like its fine, unless you’re overtaking someone.

On the subject of double white solid central lines, The Highway Code states that “You may cross the line if necessary to pass a staionary vehicle, or over take a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph or less”
Presumably the police will only take action when some thing very serious occurs :laughing:

C-Kay:

Maybe Sting has reformed his old group and is making a promo vid of their cover version of the 1983 song by Grandmaster Flash?..*

*I’ll get me coat. :laughing: