How often do you eat out or at a cafe during the week?

hkloss1:
@Switchlogic

I hope you didn’t get offended by my comments and questions directed at you, Luke?
I was just wandering how you how you keep your food fresh over a few days, and what do you do with all this grease that goes around your cooking area in your cab while you fry your food.
I love fried meat , but would probably try to avoid doing it when in a cab as I wouldn’t know how to keep the cab clean, seems a lot of hard work to me.

Dont use cooking oils and use a lid and be quick

hkloss1:
That’s a top company you are working for then.
I always use a none stick frying pan , but without using a bit of cooking oil, the meat would not taste right to me.
Would probably prefer to cook all meat at home for the whole week, keep it in the fridge and then only reheat it when needed.
That’s what I usually do anyway, even I’m not tramping currently, but at home I have a luxury of being able to use a microwave, which obviously wouldn’t be possible while tramping.
I would have to either use a frying pan and reheat everything on a very low heat under a lid cover or eat it cold.

If I lived in a house I wouldn’t fry meat, I’d use a grill, so tastes no different to me. Have you tried cooking with no oil? I want to taste meat, not oil! Reheated meat is horrible and tough. Many trucks have a microwave, I had one in my previous lorry. Are you going tramping?

switchlogic:

hkloss1:
I always use a none stick frying pan , but without using a bit of cooking oil, the meat would not taste right to me.
Would probably prefer to cook all meat at home for the whole week, keep it in the fridge and then only reheat it when needed.
That’s what I usually do anyway, even I’m not tramping currently, but at home I have a luxury of being able to use a microwave, which obviously wouldn’t be possible while tramping.
I would have to either use a frying pan and reheat everything on a very low heat under a lid cover or eat it cold.

If I lived in a house I wouldn’t fry meat, I’d use a grill, so tastes no different to me. Have you tried cooking with no oil? I want to taste meat, not oil! Reheated meat is horrible and tough. Many trucks have a microwave, I had one in my previous lorry. Are you going tramping?

I’m thinking about doing tramping, haven’t made my mind yet, trying to find out first what kind of life trampers have on the road.
When I fry meat on a frying pan, these are usually pork chops, and believe me when reheated in a microwave they are as good as freshly fried, I then have them with potatoes or rice and prepare myself some vegetables daily, much less work as meat is already prepared in advance.
I do the same with other types of food, prepare on weekend and reheat it week, days for diners.
No , I do not have the same thing all over the week, just have dinners sorted for few days, sometimes the whole week.
I can’t imagine frying meat on a frying pan without adding a bit of cooking oil, even if using a non stick frying pan, and I think in one of your videos I saw oil in your frying pan.
Cooking with on a grill is not the same.
But that’s just me, I would need to add some oil to my frying pan, oil makes fried meat tastier and if I wanted to keep my cab free of grease I would probably need to heat precooked meat on a frying pan, under a lid on a low heat.

hkloss1:

switchlogic:

hkloss1:

I’m thinking about doing tramping, haven’t made my mind yet, trying to find out first what kind of life trampers have on the road.
When I fry meat on a frying pan, these are usually pork chops, and believe me when reheated in a microwave they are as good as freshly fried, I then have them with potatoes or rice and prepare myself some vegetables daily, much less work as meat is already prepared in advance.
I do the same with other types of food, prepare on weekend and reheat it week, days for diners.
No , I do not have the same thing all over the week, just have dinners sorted for few days, sometimes the whole week.
I can’t imagine frying meat on a frying pan without adding a bit of cooking oil, even if using a non stick frying pan, and I think in one of your videos I saw oil in your frying pan.
But that’s just me, I would need to add some oil to my frying pan, oil makes fried meat tastier and if I wanted to keep my cab free of grease I would probably need to heat precooked meat on a frying pan, under a lid on a low heat.

I’m not entirely sure why I bothered replying if you are just gonna dispute everything I say then tell me I’m lying and that I cook with oil because you ‘think’ you saw it in a video…you didn’t, not when cooking meat. Have a nice weekend, I’m done with this thread.

If the thought of cooking meat without access to a Rayburn sends you into a near nervous breakdown. Trust me, living in a truck for a week or more at a time’s not for you.

switchlogic:

hkloss1:

switchlogic:

hkloss1:

I’m not entirely sure why I bothered replying if you are just gonna dispute everything I say then tell me I’m lying and that I cook with oil. Have a nice weekend, I’m done with this thread.

He was only saying he thinks he seen you using oil he’s not saying your lying take a chill pill lad

switchlogic:

hkloss1:

switchlogic:

hkloss1:

I’m not entirely sure why I bothered replying if you are just gonna dispute everything I say then tell me I’m lying and that I cook with oil because you ‘think’ you saw it in a video…you didn’t, not when cooking meat. Have a nice weekend, I’m done with this thread.

Where exactly did I say you were lying mate?
I merely said it looked to me like cooking oil in your frying pan, but if it is so important to you, if for some reason you think your image is at stake here, I’m happy to say, “no it wasn’t oil, it was just some moisture, probably some moisture that came out from the piece of meat you were frying”, would this make you happier?
You are clearly a very unhappy driver there.
Get a grip buddy.

You ask for advice and then go on to rubbish it. Tramping isn’t for you clearly. My image has nothing to do with it, I told you I don’t cook meat with oil then you tell me you think I do. I’m very happy, four days off, best man at my brothers wedding tomorrow and I love my job…how about you? Just get bored of endless questions that when I answer them get rubbished. Get a grip buddy, and stick to the day work.

Meat can be cooked in so many ways, not just oil, but my Missus makes my food. Sometimes hot food, sometimes cold ( Butties, Wraps) Depends if it has a microwave. I’m easily pleased.

switchlogic:
You ask for advice and then go on to rubbish it. Tramping isn’t for you clearly. My image has nothing to do with it, I told you I don’t cook meat with oil then you tell me you think I do. I’m very happy, four days off, best man at my brothers wedding tomorrow and I love my job…how about you? Just get bored of endless questions that when I answer them get rubbished. Get a grip buddy, and stick to the day work.

I do not rubbish anyone’s advice, I discuss, if discussing issues is too much for you to take, and your image has to be protected and stay squiky clean, then stay away from discussion forum, where people actually discuss things and not only take orders from so called “long term posters” especially from those that have overblown ego.
My advice to you would be to stay tramping, interacting with people is clearly not for you, and day drivers do need to interact a lot with others, you have your Bertie, he at least doesn’t ask questions .

Yeah Luke, before you was a big internet celebrity you had time for us on here with our pork chop dilemmas.

Own Account Driver:
Yeah Luke, before you was a big internet celebrity you had time for us on here with our pork chop dilemmas.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I like how he thinks tramping means you don’t interact with people!

switchlogic:

:laughing: keep it lit luke enjoy the wedding some thing nice for the family to celebrate for once then after your recent loss.

Getting back to the original topic I eat at a cafe every day ,omelette beans and salad ,jacket cheese and beans ,curry or steak pie at Tebay ,lasagna chips and peas ,some of my favourite cafés are wear dale diner ,Tebay,Connie’s at horbury,horseshoe ? at inchture ,ceder Granthouse,to name a few .

hanson:

switchlogic:

:laughing: keep it lit luke enjoy the wedding some thing nice for the family to celebrate for once then after your recent loss.

Thank you kind sir. Just got up and for the first time the nerves are setting in! But its a beautiful day here today and the church is wonderful and my brothers boss has lent him a rather expensive Mk 2 (I think) ■■■■■■ rally car for us to go to the church in! So should be fun!

Dan Punchard:
Getting back to the original topic I eat at a cafe every day ,omelette beans and salad ,jacket cheese and beans ,curry or steak pie at Tebay ,lasagna chips and peas ,some of my favourite cafés are wear dale diner ,Tebay,Connie’s at horbury,horseshoe ? at inchture ,ceder Granthouse,to name a few .

you eat all that in one day :slight_smile:

Only on Saturday s !

switchlogic:
Thank you kind sir. Just got up and for the first time the nerves are setting in! But its a beautiful day here today and the church is wonderful and my brothers boss has lent him a rather expensive Mk 2 (I think) ■■■■■■ rally car for us to go to the church in! So should be fun!

FRIED bacon for breakfast is good for the nerves :laughing:

Good luck with the speech by the way.

I have eaten at some good cafe’s over the years. Have been in a few that left a lot to be desired, so gave them a miss after that. There are still some good cafes about. The Midway and The Raven at Prees Heath are two that still do good grub.

Dave the Renegade:
I have eaten at some good cafe’s over the years. Have been in a few that left a lot to be desired, so gave them a miss after that. There are still some good cafes about. The Midway and The Raven at Prees Heath are two that still do good grub.

My top 3 cafes in UK are:
Doug’s Diner Penrith
The sit in caravan at Newton Aycliffe service stn off A1.
Chalet Cafe at Cowfold

All home cooked type food, and clean, all with overnight parking with “generous” parking receipts :wink: