How often do you eat out or at a cafe during the week?

My dirty secret is a bit of a love of snack vans.

There are a few good snack vans, but I do think that about 80% of them are ■■■■ holes. I do find the ones on the front of retail parks are better quality, probably because they are aimed at members of the general public rather than specifically truck drivers. (which maybe tells a story)

robroy:

Dave the Renegade:
I have eaten at some good cafe’s over the years. Have been in a few that left a lot to be desired, so gave them a miss after that. There are still some good cafes about. The Midway and The Raven at Prees Heath are two that still do good grub.

My top 3 cafes in UK are:
Doug’s Diner Penrith
The sit in caravan at Newton Aycliffe service stn off A1.
Chalet Cafe at Cowfold

All home cooked type food, and clean, all with overnight parking with “generous” parking receipts :wink:

My top 3 are:
Heathside at Swaffham. Steak meal every time.
Dougs Diner at Penrith. Anything.
Red Lion at Northampton. Minted lamb steak.

Bottom 3:
Stibbington. Always ill afterwards.
Shepshed. Stinks of cooking fat.
Stracathro. Wouldn’t let my dog eat there.

One of the few cafes I frequent is the Lazy Kettle at Chirk on the A5. They do bloody lovely breakfasts

A good snack van I’ve used is outside Lidl Weston Super Mere, expensive but top quality

I always avoid a suntanned face behind the counter. Rather go hungry than eat their Halal elephant carcass. I also avoid those where the fat sweaty vendor stands outside smoking, then stubs it out before making the next idiots’ lunch (avoiding washing their hands too).

Muckaway:
I always avoid a suntanned face behind the counter. Rather go hungry than eat their Halal elephant carcass. I also avoid those where the fat sweaty vendor stands outside smoking, then stubs it out before making the next idiots’ lunch (avoiding washing their hands too).

I always thought it depended if the layby was across the road :wink: :wink:

nick2008:

Muckaway:

I always thought it depended if the layby was across the road :wink: :wink:

I’d cross 4 lanes to avoid eating Allahs’ Excrement. Served up in a stale bread roll, baked by Ahmed The Illegal in a garage somewhere.

Muckaway:

I’m sure he wouldn’t miss losing a couple of quid by not serving a racist moron anyway. I haven’t heard something so stupid for quite sometime, well done.

maga:

Muckaway:

I’m sure he wouldn’t miss losing a couple of quid by not serving a racist moron anyway. I haven’t heard something so stupid for quite sometime, well done.

Not racist at all. They run the mankiest “food” vans in Oxfordshire. They sell crap. End of.

switchlogic:

hanson:

switchlogic:
You ask for advice and then go on to rubbish it. Tramping isn’t for you clearly. My image has nothing to do with it, I told you I don’t cook meat with oil then you tell me you think I do. I’m very happy, four days off, best man at my brothers wedding tomorrow and I love my job…how about you? Just get bored of endless questions that when I answer them get rubbished. Get a grip buddy, and stick to the day work.

:laughing: keep it lit luke enjoy the wedding some thing nice for the family to celebrate for once then after your recent loss.

Thank you kind sir. Just got up and for the first time the nerves are setting in! But its a beautiful day here today and the church is wonderful and my brothers boss has lent him a rather expensive Mk 2 (I think) ■■■■■■ rally car for us to go to the church in! So should be fun!

I certainly hope you lit it up on Cam, bloody lovely hearing them go over 3k :grimacing:

maga:

Muckaway:

:smiley: Well said

Muckaway:
Not racist at all. They run the mankiest “food” vans in Oxfordshire. They sell crap. End of.

It has always seemed to me a bizarre phenomenon that unhygienic people of all races seem to be attracted to a career in catering or food preparation.

Muckaway:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You really have some strange ideas !

Denis F:

Muckaway:

Well, I too avoid Halal meat. I also avoid Kosher meat too. I’m not “anti-Muslim” or “anti-Jewish”, I just disapprove of animal cruelty.

What a minefield Political Correctness is to tread!

Denis F:

Muckaway:

Just try “Colonel Gaddafis” at Cassington or the one at Burford on the A361. I’ve been off of any vendor selling kebabs since I saw one parked in the old Cripley sidings at Oxford station. It looked very nice at 2am falling out of an Oxford club. Not during the working day though, it should’ve had “police aware” written on it. Remember I deliver flour to some restaurants and takeaways and I’ll honestly say I’ve seen quarry mess rooms in a better state to prepare food in.