What does everyone eat on their nights out?

Hi Guys and Gals. Yessss yet another topic from Jasesonix.

Really getting into the Truckers frame of mind as I approach my first trucker job. I’ll be spending a few nights out per week once im established in my role and wanted to get some feedback from you professionals as to what your diets are like. Do you have your little camping kits where you cook yourself a nice hearty meal in your cosy cab or do you call into the nearest truck stop and buy your meal or are you a fast food foody. Being a chef (soon to be former :smiley: ) im sure I’ll have no problems knocking something quick up, certainly now as im more conscious of what I eat, but I’m really interested to hear what you all do.

I cook all my own due to not being able to eat gluten
Meaning wheat ,barley and most foods that contain them is out
Monday , yesterday’s roast carrots and spuds
Tuesday , pork or beef steak carrots and spuds
Wednesday, see above but may be a chicken in sauce
Thursday , pork or chick sweet n sour and rice
Friday lasagne or mince
I’ve got a single ring gas stove and microwave in cab as well as 2 fridges
Lunch is special bread sliced meat and jam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Normally do my own in the slow cooker but tonight it’s a Chinese [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If you believe the day men on here, us ‘‘Unpaid security guards’’ :unamused: :laughing: live on pot noodles, cans of coke and Ginster’s pies, with a treat once a week of a Maccy’s heart attack special.and a Mars bar as dessert. :laughing:
In reality I am along the same lines as Blue estate, all freshly cooked meals expertly done by my lovely Mrs :sunglasses: , and heated up in my microwave.
I also eat out with a pub meal and a pint, if and when it takes my fancy as I am tonight. :slight_smile:

It’s just like every single other aspect of tramping mate, it’s as good or as crap as YOU make it, you can either go for the civilised comfortable life option or the harsh life of a demented endurance survival expert option. : :bulb:
The latter has never appealed to me.

blue estate:
Friday lasagne or mince

So I take it you have all your gear like crockery cutlery and all the stuff for washing it all too. Must be a massive cab is it? What tractor is it? And are the fridges. Built in?

robroy:
If you believe the day men on here, us ‘‘Unpaid security guards’’ :unamused: :laughing: live on pot noodles, cans of coke and Ginster’s pies, with a treat once a week of a Maccy’s heart attack special.and a Mars bar as dessert. :laughing:
In reality I am along the same lines as Blue estate, all freshly cooked meals expertly done by my lovely Mrs :sunglasses: , and heated up in my microwave.
I also eat out with a pub meal if and when it takes my fancy as I am tonight. :slight_smile:

It’s just like every single other aspect of tramping mate, it’s as good or as crap as YOU make it, you can either go for the civilised comfortable life option or the harsh life of a demented endurance survival expert option. : :bulb:

Spot on Rob [emoji6] these days of Waeco and Indel B compressor fridges that run on 24v but don’t run your battery down and good cheap 24v to 240 inverters , or if you’re lucky and your cab is specked with fridge and microwave there’s no need to eat like a student when his loan heads been used up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I used to do a variety, if in the UK in a truck stop I regularly would have the meal voucher option and pick the healthiest option from the menu . I always had handy a home made porridge mix that just needed hot water for my breakfast and various pasta and rice options to cook a one pot wonder . If on a European trip the food options in the services or truck stops are so much healthier than the UK and far better value .
I bit of planning and feeding yourself on the road gets easy
Being single and a bit of a fussy eater gives you the choice of cooking it yourself or starving .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Jasesonix:

blue estate:
Friday lasagne or mince

So I take it you have all your gear like crockery cutlery and all the stuff for washing it all too. Must be a massive cab is it? What tractor is it? And are the fridges. Built in?

Standard MAN TGX sleeper 2014 vintage
Crockery and wash bowl in l/H locker , saucepan frying pan in R/H locker , food in centre

Microwave under bunk

My 2 fridges

P/s excuse the mess it’s Friday

Just about to nuke this… then perhaps wash it down with a cheeky little Beaujolais.

IMG_0655.JPG

the maoster:
Just about to nuke this… then perhaps wash it down with a cheeky little Beaujolais.

is that the Titanic’s ships wheel or you in a MAN ? [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A MAN my friend. We both share the pain :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
A MAN my friend. We both share the pain :smiley: :smiley:

No I have a MAN that don’t brake or buzz warnings at me and cruise control don’t slow down [emoji6]

But that could change in May [emoji848]
Sent from my cab on a night out

Fairy snuff. Mine hasn’t got the adaptive cruise, the lane departure gets turned off (if I’m crossing a white line it’s on purpose!), granted the auto brake thing is a PITA but I reckon it gets triggered less than once a month.

the maoster:
Fairy snuff. Mine hasn’t got the adaptive cruise, the lane departure gets turned off (if I’m crossing a white line it’s on purpose!), granted the auto brake thing is a PITA but I reckon it gets triggered less than once a month.

Are lucky enough to have built in fridge to keep your french plonk chilled ?

Also don’t forget to get a good 10ltr water carrier , not the collapsible ones ,
This is mine

the maoster:

You’ll be taking it all seriously as usual then mate eh? and dressing like this for it in the cab again eh? :smiley: :smiley:

Always cook meals out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m actually pleasantly surprised. I thought most of you would be on microwave ready meals or steak n chips from local truck stop lol. Guess that’s a misconception nowadays.

Jasesonix:
I’m actually pleasantly surprised. I thought most of you would be on microwave ready meals or steak n chips from local truck stop lol. Guess that’s a misconception nowadays.

Just don’t tell the daymen on here.
It’s a well kept secret that tramping aint too bad after all :open_mouth: …if you do it properly that is. : :sunglasses:

My fave is packet of micro rice fried off with 2 eggs mixed in . Walla egg fried rice in two mins add a bit of ham . Happy days