What does everyone eat on their nights out?

robroy:

Jasesonix:
I’m actually pleasantly surprised. I thought most of you would be on microwave ready meals or steak n chips from local truck stop lol. Guess that’s a misconception nowadays.

Just don’t tell the daymen on here.
It’s a well kept secret that tramping aint too bad after all :open_mouth: …if you do it properly that is. : :sunglasses:

Absolutely…mums the word :unamused:

Yeah there’s no need to eat like a slob.

Don’t get me wrong I’ll have fast food or a fry up on occasion. Occasion being the key word. I also cook my own food in the cab, take pre-made food from home and have some handy kettle meals (porridge, mug shot/pot noodle) and the built in fridge is always full of fruit.

I don’t do full on tramping - some weeks I’m out all week, others I’m home every night but I could start my day with a run to Liverpool and end up in Belgium as things change hence why I’m prepared.

I’m a day man but I keep a few tinned meals in the locker just in case. Curry, chilli etc. Along with spuds, rice, cous cous.

If I’m on a known night out the wife does me an extra portion of the evening befores meal.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
I’m a day man but I keep a few tinned meals in the locker just in case. Curry, chilli etc. Along with spuds, rice, cous cous.

If I’m on a known night out the wife does me an extra portion of the evening befores meal.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fnnar fnnar.

blue estate:
Also don’t forget to get a good 10ltr water carrier , not the collapsible ones ,
This is mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will defo get one of these. I’ve got a twin camping stove already.

Btw, Do most sleeper cabs have proper power sockets? IE for a kettle etc.

Jasesonix:

blue estate:
Also don’t forget to get a good 10ltr water carrier , not the collapsible ones ,
This is mine

Will defo get one of these. I’ve got a twin camping stove already.

Do you mean proper as in a three pin plug you’ll get at home? In which case no, not unless you’ve got an inverter fitted (search inverter for millions of threads About them)

You’ll normally have a couple.of 12v ‘■■■ lighter’ sockets and a couple.of 24v hella sockets.

Personally for a kettle I use a gas stove and camping kettle.

[/quote]
Do you mean proper as in a three pin plug you’ll get at home? In which case no, not unless you’ve got an inverter fitted (search inverter for millions of threads About them)

You’ll normally have a couple.of 12v ‘■■■ lighter’ sockets and a couple.of 24v hella sockets.

[/quote]
I see ok. Does a microwave operate in a Hella socket via an inverter than or the 12v socket?

Jasesonix:

[/quote]
I see ok. Does a microwave operate in a Hella socket via an inverter than or the 12v socket?
[/quote]
No you need an inverted for microwave

Jasesonix:

[/quote]
[/quote]
No the inverter is wired into the vehicle via a number of ways which I won’t bore you with, you can then plug normal plugs into it.

Just if messing about with inverters always cover your backside by asking the boss and getting a workshop to do it. It can be wired up yourself if you know what you’re doing but if you don’t and you turn a V8 into a BBQ due to fried electrics I’d imagine it would be a fair old cloud hanging on the horizon for your future job prospects within the company :laughing:

To echo what others have said; if you’re fitting an inverter and unless you know your way around electrics then definitely see your garage to have it fitted. This one cost me a crate of supermarket lager to be done, heavy duty cables run from the fuse box under the floor and neat and tidy.

IMG_0656.JPG

the maoster:
To echo what others have said; if you’re fitting an inverter and unless you know your way around electrics then definitely see your garage to have it fitted. This one cost me a crate of supermarket lager to be done, heavy duty cables run from the fuse box under the floor and neat and tidy.

Mine is wired from Anderson socket for tail lift via a plug and thick cables

I’ve got mine wired in via the Anderson lead. Back when I had an MAN I had mine wired in behind the fuse box. There is a connector that connects directly to the battery. Just had a mini-Anderson lead with a mega fuse knocked up for it.

I have cereal in the morning, a pasta salad around midday, 2 bananas and once parked up i have a Naked Noodle which are much tastier than Pot noodles.
Thought i would treat myself last thursday in St Ives and went to Wetherspoons for Curry night. It was on my table seconds after i had ordered it and it was lukewarm and the fosters was flat. Should have stayed in cab and had a Naked Noodle.

Usually take a cpl of home cooked chili con carne, beef veg mash, enchilladas, sweet and sour chicken. Kept in fridge and cooked in microwave…wouldnt be without it and my inverter nowadays…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gray_nw:
Usually take a cpl of home cooked chili con carne, beef veg mash, enchilladas, sweet and sour chicken. Kept in fridge and cooked in microwave…wouldnt be without it and my inverter nowadays…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yep same here and my electric kettle :wink: :smiley: