Food

Hi All,
Just wondering what my fellow trampers do for food during the week?
At the moment im kind of experimenting…

Company Restaurant

Mostly very simple cold food, bread, cheese, tomatoes, onions, that sort of thing. I sometimes buy a ready meal from M &S or Waitrose and bung it in the microwave. I can’t be bothered with actual cooking in the truck although I do a lot of it at home.

Just been doing mine for this week. I have granola for breakfast and then the usual fruit for snacking. For lunches I take sliced meat off deli counter and put that in wraps along with bagged salad (rocket,spinach etc).

For my evening meal I always make them up at home so its ready to reheat in pan on an evening. This week ive got spanish chicken and bolognaise with red wine sauce. Put them in tupperware containers to go in fridge. Ive taken chicken curries, chili con carne, savoury mince etc. Im trying to lose a bit of timber at moment so alot of what im cooking with is weightwatchers cooking sauces or recipes.

Matt.

I eat out of a can once a week, I’ll have something like a salad and pasta pot once and then I’ll treat myself to a pub tea twice a week. I tend to use google earth to find pubs and park somewhere near.
I can’t be doing with truck stop food as its all dog ■■■■■ especially the hollies and rugby to name two, the burger have got less meat in than a butchers pencil :smiley:

rob anything edible from the trailer,fill the fridge with micromeals,and nuke it all week…id normally makeup a loaf full of sandwiches and eat them first 2 days out anyway.if im ever on supermarket work,then I just fill my face as im tipping the cages with chocolate elairs and whatever niceities I can shove into my face.kick a few ready meals along the floor into the front of the trailer,then rescue them later.id starve before I do the deathburger chipvan stuff,though across the water in euroland,then its a bit easier to eat like a human being.worse case scenario is a French loaf for 1 euro,and nibble that till I can eat something proper later . :wink:

porridge in a morning :grimacing: normal a bacon and mushroom cob somewhere and only its cooked fresh, tea what ever is in my freezer on the top, hot a spice paste i think 8 minutes in the microwave :grimacing:

it does help having a built in microwave and coffee make, see scanias are good for somethings :laughing: :wink:

Nowt all day ,then sausage egg and chips for my tea everyday :laughing: :laughing:

burnley-si:
it does help having a built in microwave and coffee make, see scanias are good for somethings :laughing: :wink:

My Scania dont have any of those

When I was tramping I would make a couple meals at home then easy to re heat on a night dont eat much at breakfast snack at lunchtime on yoghurts fruit nuts etc then a meal at night very realy bought on the road as I am to tight

If you look up Swichlogic he does a lot of recipes for in cab cooking