How far do you commute?

syramax:
45m round trip 5 days 1 week 6 the other , takes about 40-45 min each way

Ouch that’s a nasty one especially if you’re not nighting out .

I left driving to work on the railway and for 9 months did a 170 mile round trip 5 days a week, they paid me £70 per day traveling money and only did it to keep my job but spending all that time on top off a days work i never want to do it again.

I left driving to work on the railway and for 9 months did a 170 mile round trip 5 days a week, they paid me £70 per day traveling money and only did it to keep my job but spending all that time on top off a days work i never want to do it again.

bald bloke:

syramax:
45m round trip 5 days 1 week 6 the other , takes about 40-45 min each way

Ouch that’s a nasty one especially if you’re not nighting out .

day work , theres a branch 5mins walk from home but i like the job better where i am . i spend a lot of time meandering around country lanes .up Caldbeck or around the solway marshes. the local branch would see me spending most of my time in/out of housing estates . (builders merchant)

15 mins each way

Two and a half miles each way to the yard.

19miles each way in on Monday home on Friday , stay in yard rest of the week

49 miles there on a Sunday morn, then 49 miles back on a Thursday afternoon/early evening.
But our yards North of Grantham an lots of our work is London bound so where I can I park at Grantham an it’s a 5 min walk from where I park the wagon on a local Ind est to my house.

600 miles

3 mins, on a pushbike!
:sunglasses:

My commute is 45 minutes each way at 37 miles [emoji58]

74 miles a day, 5 days a week or 370 miles a week. People at work think I’m crazy lol… I’m clocking up almost 20,000 miles a year just going to work!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

raymundo:

tallyman:
60 miles round trip, 40 minutes each way, but only 3 days a week. Bought an old motor to run into the ground as 9000 miles a year just on commuting was knocking up the mileage on my main motor.

Not using a car to keep the mileage down is like not having ■■■ with your partner so as to keep him/her in better condition for the next keeper :laughing:

Yeah but you don’t get more money when you trade your partner in :laughing:

4yorks:
My commute is 45 minutes each way at 37 miles [emoji58]

74 miles a day, 5 days a week or 370 miles a week. People at work think I’m crazy lol… I’m clocking up almost 20,000 miles a year just going to work!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you commute by car? Thats guesstimating (at 40mpg) 500 gal or 2500 litres or about £3,000 per year. Guesstimating again 15hrs per week on the run? If you paid yourself min wage for that its over £5,000 per annum. Not taking into account depreciation on a 20k year car as opposed to a 10k year car, thats a lump of cash. If its a good job, you`re happy etc, then more power to you.
But I can see why your colleagues look at you bemusedly!
:open_mouth:

bald bloke:
Barely 3 miles and about 7 minutes max and never catch any rush hour traffic, in fact I should ■■■■ well cycle to work but you know how it is :blush:

know what you mean,my depot is about a couple of miles and takes 5 to 10 min to get there,i think about getting on my bike or getting a moped,but in this weather you just can’t beat the warmth of a car heater

My commute is roughly 15 miles each way from house to yard which I undertake every other weekend. Have a year old Fiesta that is basically an ornament that sits at the house or work. A tank of diesel does me about 2 months these days :sunglasses:

5 Meters. Front door to a parked car. Then i’m on a pay clock, all the time till i get back.

raymundo:

tallyman:
60 miles round trip, 40 minutes each way, but only 3 days a week. Bought an old motor to run into the ground as 9000 miles a year just on commuting was knocking up the mileage on my main motor.

Not using a car to keep the mileage down is like not having ■■■ with your partner so as to keep him/her in better condition for the next keeper :laughing:

It’s what they might call a ‘modern classic’ which I fully intend to keep into my retirement (I’m semi-retired, hence the 3 days a week), and then my kids can have it as an heirloom… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

30 miles each way. OK I only do it once a week and its all back roads…

tallyman:

raymundo:

tallyman:

It’s what they might call a ‘modern classic’ which I fully intend to keep into my retirement (I’m semi-retired, hence the 3 days a week), and then my kids can have it as an heirloom… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What do you have? I tried to limit my car to 6000 miles a year. I’ve already used half of that in 4.5 months :laughing: . Got onto mileage rationing and thinking I’ll do X a month then thought, balls to it :laughing:

I’ve recently got into SKIng … Spending Kids Inheritence … :slight_smile: only heard that one recently, led a sheltered life … :slight_smile: