Commute

Just thinking, how long is your commute to work?

The job I’ve applied for has a 30 min commute. 5-10 more than the admin job I’ve got now.

i do a 40 minute to work 30 minutes home 3am lol

5 minutes each way :slight_smile:

an hour and 15 on a sunday night or monday morning depending. and then back again on a friday (tramping) 1 week and I already love it :smiley:

45 mins 30 miles on afternoon

n bout 30-32 mins 30 miles on way home at 3-6am on morning

but gonna be starting trampin in few weeks once passed my 3 month probationary period at my new job so will save the commute each day :smiley:

I’m expecting some long commutes from the VDB boys!

Don’t suppose many of our commutes involve a flight!

About 8 hours, West Wales to Dublin. But then I only do it a few times a year.

right now i average between 20 - 45 mins each way…i dont do the job if its further or not worth it

longest ive had was 15 hours one way, edinburgh to milan… left my house at 8am, arrived milan midnight (11pm here)with a 5 hour delay, one hour in edinburgh, 4 hours in france waiting on the next flight to milan, then an hours taxi journey to the hotel (very enjoyable as i got the fit female taxi driver who i never spotted in the pile of fat italian men - really made my day after all that crap lol though the cost of the journey made my eyes water…90 euros) still that doesnt beat the 450 euro some of the other guys spent on one taxi journey

Will_161:
Just thinking, how long is your commute to work?

The job I’ve applied for has a 30 min commute. 5-10 more than the admin job I’ve got now.

stick to admin
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
office mentality 9-5.
ive known guys that have been on the road for weeks make it home for less than 36 hours an had a 300 mile round trip.

Santa:
5 minutes each way :slight_smile:

This.

Chelmsford to Hatfield Peveral :laughing:

Shortest I ever had was fifteen feet from bed to office, longest was Milton Keynes to Dagenham.

48 mile round trip from God,s country to the badlands (Newport to Avonmouth) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 miles each way, but we’re moving to a bigger yard soon which is closer to home so it will be about half that :smiley:

My daughter in law has not long been made redundant and was told by the jobcentre on Friday last week that she would be expected to commute up to 1½ hours each way to work daily and look for jobs in a 60 mile radius :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How come my post was deleted from this thread? :confused:
Happened a few times lately and no message telling me why? :unamused:

[/quote]
stick to admin
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
office mentality 9-5.
ive known guys that have been on the road for weeks make it home for less than 36 hours an had a 300 mile round trip.
[/quote]

I really can’t afford to stay there, cps has had a pay and recruitment freeze for 2 years, and I’m on £16000 a year. working previously as a 7.5 driver I’m used to the hours anyway. Not sure about the 9-5 mentality but the mentality of some of the people in this office drives me crazy!!

OllieNotts:

I know there were two threads with same title etc so you may have posted it on the other thread ■■

Edit: Found the other one, and you posted on it, they aren’t out to get you, honest :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61124

I do about a 10-15 minute drive each way, not bad to be honest, the longest I did was about an hour and 15 each way every day when I was on at DHL Bar Hill doing 7.5.tonne agency work, was only on £6.27■■ an hour too, thank god I got out of there in the end! Though it was a means to and end at the time so cannot complain I guess

garnerlives:

OllieNotts:

I know there were two threads with same title etc so you may have posted it on the other thread ■■

I see what a ■■■■ :smiley:
Both by same bloke to, I’ll just go hide under a rock for a bit :slight_smile:

OllieNotts:

garnerlives:

OllieNotts:

I see what a [zb] :smiley:
Both by same bloke to, I’ll just go hide under a rock for a bit :slight_smile:

I’m sure they do it to confuse us!! And with me I’m easily confused, I must be on the ball today though :laughing: :laughing: