Horn blasting

Sand Fisher:
That’s the third bit of abuse in three days.

If you get that much abuse I think the problem might actually be you acting like a ■■■■

The-Snowman:

Sand Fisher:

If you get that much abuse I think the problem might actually be you acting like a ■■■■

Clearly someone who knows nothing about correct use of lane’s, speed limits in Scotland or breaks… :unamused:

Sand Fisher:

Getting so much abuse from other road users would suggest its you who doesnt know about correct road usage.
I usually find that the more abuse someone gets while insisting its everyone else whos at fault means its actually them whos in the wrong all the time

Sand Fisher:

The-Snowman:

Sand Fisher:

Clearly someone who knows nothing about correct use of lane’s, speed limits in Scotland or breaks… :unamused:

You’re taking a break in the middle of the road, as much as I agree that the guy was a [zb] (why didn’t you get out and see what his issue was? I certainly would.) you can’t park in the middle of the road and expect the world to revolve around you, even if common sense says you’re not doing anyone any bother.

If traffic can carve you up like that on a roundabout, take both lanes, eff them, they can wait. Avoid the situation.

“Sticking rigidly to 40mph” marks you out as a complete Herbert, crack on ffs or be prepared to pull in if you want to act like a tractor.

A.

Adonis.:

Sand Fisher:

The-Snowman:

Sand Fisher:

You’re taking a break in the middle of the road, as much as I agree that the guy was a [zb] (why didn’t you get out and see what his issue was? I certainly would.) you can’t park in the middle of the road and expect the world to revolve around you, even if common sense says you’re not doing anyone any bother.

If traffic can carve you up like that on a roundabout, take both lanes, eff them, they can wait. Avoid the situation.

“Sticking rigidly to 40mph” marks you out as a complete Herbert, crack on ffs or be prepared to pull in if you want to act like a tractor.

A.

1. I wasn 't parked in the middle of the road. I was loading cables and the space in front of the units was not available. I was parked on the n/s. You could get a car between me and the car parked opposite and I had to park there because that was where I was loading. It’s just Mr Sole couldn’t cope with watching his mirrors and leaving perhaps 3" each side. Amazing that three other cars had no problem (but the women largely chickened out). Blocking the road is a no no. The one truck that turned up clearly understood and took the ‘diversion’.

2. In that instance I was driving a van. It was just that turning right you should be in the right hand lane, unless traffic signs/road markings indicate otherwise.

3. Don’t think so. About 10 mins down the road on the opposite side a traffic speed enforcement van! For those not blessed with living in Scotland ( :blush: ) the police up here are total *****. You will get nowhere at all with them. They are very hot on everything. Of course we are still on the old 40mph except for the experimental A9 south of Inverness so I don’t see abiding by the speed limit is an issue. Points on your licence means less chance of a job. Jeez these twerps clearly weren’t driving in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s when long traffic queues on certain roads were legendary. The A417 comes to mind. I cracked on once before and got a ticket. Once bitten twice shy.

As a rider to that - years ago - 1977-80 in fact, I sometimes used to hurtle down from Newcastle to see the red & white wizaaards playing at BDTBL. I tried an experiment between sticking to the speed limits and going with the flow. The difference? About 5 minutes. That’s all. 5 minutes. Why? Because the greatest ‘break’ on going fast was the pace of other traffic. As now, back then, I didn’t have a ‘hovver switch’ to go over traffic in front.

What peeves me off more is drivers who won’t overtake. When truck driving I endeavour to help by left indicating when it is clear. Very few get that one, so I suppose I’m showing my age.

Sand Fisher:
We ll here’s one.

Yesterday I was picking up in Glasgae, moderately narrow road, dead end on a small industrial estate, I’m driving an artic.

The individual units had cars parked outside so I stayed on the road. A car was parked opposite me but by taking it slow you had room to get a car through between us. There was room between the parked cars in front of the units and the dividing wall to drive a car, van or rigid through.

Some car drivers baulked so I directed them through the fronts of the car parks of the units (nearly 5pm so being Scotland most had gone early).

Then Mr Sole (initial R) arrived in his white BMW. As it happens I was on a WTD 15 break and he stopped in front of the truck. So I indicated to drive around the inside of the unit car parks. No not Mr Sole. He hammered on his horn. So I gestured again to drive around the inside (that is why I parked like I did doh!) Again hammering on the horn as he gingerly eases through.

What a bell end. He was probably the accountant or something.

You feel like opening the window and dropping a dog turd on the roof to brighten his day. Jeez.

Day 1 turning right at a roundabout, indicate right get in RHL turns right traffic in near side line also decides to go right (despite road markings indicating straight on). Van driver decides to put his lights on full beam with lots of vigorus hand movements.

Day 2 driving down northern A9 Tain to Inverness. Sticking rigidly to 40mph, eventually at dual carriageway, cars overtake and third one blaring its horn as if there is severe sea fog.

Just put it down to the ignorant Scottish drivers. Having been driving for 40+ years my summary of drivers is:

Essex: Aggressive and dangerous
Bournemouth: Clueless
London: Assertive (but then you need to be)
Scotland: Aggressive and arrogant
Every where else: about average

Hey ho.

Sorry but you sound like a bell end. Why would you have a dog turd to hand?

You’re a complete and utter bellthronk, aren’t you?

A.

Sand Fisher:
the police up here are total *****. You will get nowhere at all with them.

I never have any issues with them. Ive been stopped a few times for doing things wrong (wrong way up a one way street, turning right from a left only lane to avoid the queue, stuff like that) and never got a ticket. Always talked my way out of it.
Maybe its your attitude that’s the problem?
Dogs abuse from other road users (and the fact you say its always them who are wrong) and the inability to talk your way out of a traffic infringement suggest you may have a bit of an attitude problem

The-Snowman:

Sand Fisher:

I never have any issues with them. Ive been stopped a few times for doing things wrong (wrong way up a one way street, turning right from a left only lane to avoid the queue, stuff like that) and never got a ticket. Always talked my way out of it.
Dogs abuse from other road users (and the fact you say its always them who are wrong) and the inability to talk your way out of a traffic infringement suggest you may have a bit of an attitude problem

Got to agree with sand fisher. The police up the road for the most part are total bar stools you must have been lucky and got the exceptions but they are few and far between Glasgow and Ayrshire are by far the worst. I always try and speak politely to them but it doesn’t make a difference I think their training must involve how to be the biggest cu#t in the land.!! I’ve never had any problems with the law south of the border or outside of the Strathclyde area in fact.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

graemem106:

The-Snowman:

Sand Fisher:

Got to agree with sand fisher. The police up the road for the most part are total bar stools you must have been lucky and got the exceptions but they are few and far between Glasgow and Ayrshire are by far the worst

well I have no doubt there will be total bellends wanting to make a name for themselves who cant be dealt with. Im just going by the fact he seems to get a lot of abuse from other road users and the police so im going on the assumption he has an attitude problem. His posts certainly convey the aura of a man with a serious chip on his shoulder

I’ve never had an issue on the A9 at all from the police and you must be the only driver to sit at 40mph between inverness and tain

The-Snowman:

graemem106:

The-Snowman:

Sand Fisher:

well I have no doubt there will be total bellends wanting to make a name for themselves who cant be dealt with. Im just going by the fact he seems to get a lot of abuse from other road users and the police so im going on the assumption he has an attitude problem. His posts certainly convey the aura of a man with a serious chip on his shoulder

Thanks. my problem with the police as you refer to it was nothing to do with driving but following a burglary were someone broke into our house and stole wallet and car keys etc…and the car.

The police didn’t believe anyone came inside the house and half suggested it was an inside job. Luckily and eventually the insurance company assessor believed us. The remains of the wallet were found in a garden across the way and the car recovered 4 days later, not too badly damaged in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ The police then kept it for SOCO and did sod all, didn’t SOCO it at all so when I went and collected it the second time I found medication from another house two streets away inside it. So much for the then Strathclyde Police. Generally aggressive and useless. FWIW never leave your door keys hanging inside the lock at night (that’s how they got in by using a bump key).

I do appreciate they deal with a lot of idiots but until then I had a good opinion of the fuzz. Not anymore. By and large, useless. A friend of mine an ex special from Northamptonshire says the same thing and he’s a pro Scottish Nationalist.

My beef was to do with abiding by the law and being abused for doing so and it appears some on here consider that an attitude problem. Makes me think what rules is it ok to break then guys, if not speed limits, tacho hours offences, vehicle regs, mobile phone usage? Jeez. No one is a saint, yes in a car like us all I have broken the speed limit but when driving a truck I try and stick to it. It is my job ffs. It is about being reasonable but permanently tramping on at 50 in a 40 limit is not in my view reasonable. Yes I too think the limit should go up, which is why I try and help following motorists but I’m not driving a tractor so don’t see why I should stop every mile to let some impatient bugger overtake. Most of the time they don’t take their opportunities anyway.

On the A68 last week. Crikey, speed cameras about every mile. Now doubt I am an idiot for sticking to the limit. The danger with the authorities approach is you become so focused about speed you don’t concentrate on driving. Bloody nuts, but hey were just road users, what do we know.

Only had one prat blare his horn this week, after overtaking a car doing 47 in a 50 restricted limit but that’s the Ayrshire intelligentsia for you, mind was a Range Rover. :unamused:

The only time I use the horn is on rural roads with blind bends. Saved a few accidents that one. Mind growing up on the IoW we have a few of them.

dozy:
We’re all young once I remember standing at the top of our road chucking stones at cars, dad got wind of what I was up too and my feet didn’t touch the floor until I got home , then mum set about me :astonished:

My best mates parents kept hens. We used to collect the eggs and throw them at cars on the main road. :slight_smile:

Tris:

dozy:
We’re all young once I remember standing at the top of our road chucking stones at cars, dad got wind of what I was up too and my feet didn’t touch the floor until I got home , then mum set about me :astonished:

My best mates parents kept hens. We used to collect the eggs and throw them at cars on the main road. :slight_smile:

for me it was apples…we would spend hours commando style crawling gardens nickeing them even though we knew they would be as hard as golf balls…tuck in your jumper…run out looking like ciryl smith in a playground and after the adrenalin wore off,there was nothing else for it than to go up on a railway bridge abouve a road,or hide in trees,then bombard the buses… :smiley:

Colin_scottish:
I’ve never had an issue on the A9 at all from the police and you must be the only driver to sit at 40mph between inverness and tain

Same here, I was cracking on by Tore last month and a copper actually overtook me. I thought for a second “b@#*&ks, i’m going to get pulled over here” but he carried on his merry way- a bit of common sense prevailing

Sand Fisher:
Makes me think what rules is it ok to break then guys, if not speed limits, tacho hours offences, vehicle regs…

…all of them…

Hard hat on and tongue in cheek… :grimacing: