Tramper drivers

Hi everyone just a quick question this morning I was woken at 1am by a car driving past and beeping its horn and just wanted to know if anyone else experiences the same thing because I’ve been tramping 2 months now and this is the 5th time it’s happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, but I don’t park in places where it’s likely to happen

Sorry about that Jim.

I have horn Tourette’s.

The only thing I can imagine is that you’re parking in dodgy lay-bys or busy industrial parks.
My advice would be to think further ahead to try and find somewhere that bit quieter.

eagerbeaver:
Sorry about that Jim.

I have horn Tourette’s.

Funny you mention that EB, i have similar, just cant resist full on blast of 130db train horn flying past, terrifying tourists with caravans…

Chunkzilla:
The only thing I can imagine is that you’re parking in dodgy lay-bys or busy industrial parks.
My advice would be to think further ahead to try and find somewhere that bit quieter.

No I try to find quit places because I can’t sleep in loud areas because I wake up every time a truck comes past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is common. Usually done by childish idiots who think it’s big and clever to wake lorry drivers up with their asthmatic little horns

Seems to happen more if you park near to a macdonalds.

I’ve even had other trucks doing it.

The same car will often make three or four "hilarious " passes to amuse his passengers, this is now the ideal time to dispose of your trucker tizer (or worse)!

Harry Monk:

And me.
When I put it on here one driver actually tried to justify it, he knew the site and suggested I was parking thoughtlessly…I was not btw.

robroy:

Harry Monk:

And me.
When I put it on here one driver actually tried to justify it, he knew the site and suggested I was parking thoughtlessly…I was not btw.

Blimey, there’s me thinking its just taxi drivers who were childish :wink:

I bet this doesn’t happen in the USA or similar, when the chance of idiot’s car finding itself racing a .38 round or three a distinct possibility.
Catapult :wink:

Juddian:
I bet this doesn’t happen in the USA or similar, when the chance of idiot’s car finding itself racing a .38 round or three a distinct possibility.

So you think that being woken in the night is justification for shooting someone?

Santa:

Juddian:

So you think that being woken in the night is justification for shooting someone?

I suspect basic survival instinct might make the terminally stupid think twice before doing repeated drive by’s.

Santa:

Juddian:

I’d say it was a fair result.

Juddian:
Catapult :wink:

The problem is in the US is those people who think it’s hilarious to drive by trucks sounding their horn can also get firearms and probably think it even more fun driving past truck using them. :frowning:

Yes, it is bloody childish, and inconsiderate. Amazes me that other truck drivers do it too!

I was unfortunate enough to need to get wreckered back from Edinburgh area to Glasgow on a suspended tow… asked the wrecked driver to pull in to Harthill services so that I could grab a sandwich… it’s 11:30pm by this time, he only went and blasted his ridiculous airhorns as he passed right by the parked up trucks on the way in to the services. I was stunned into silence, with the disbelief that he thought it was funny, and a perfectly ok thing to do !!! :imp:

the maoster:

Santa:

Juddian:

I’d say it was a fair result.

:laughing: :laughing:

On the A46 in Lincoln, just in the wooded bit there is a layby. Parked up there on a night run for a quick 15 minute break. Two cars full of teenage idiots drove past tooting. Can’t say I’ve been woken up by them but at my last place we had a driver get woken up when a car drove down the side of his curtain.