Truck drivers

Why is it when you are about to fall asleep at the side of the road, some other hgv driver will pass by and and sound his horn. What perverse pleasure do they get out of this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don’t know, but it’s happened to me a few times, although on neither occasion was I asleep, and if I had been it wouldn’t have woken me up anyway. I guess there are a few mouth-breathers in any occupation.

Same mentality as the Dck-head boy racers that love to keep driving through the layby in Snodland, middle of the night at 100mph with their nice,loud,million db straight through exhaust systems that would wake up the dead

I put a post up about a ■■■■ in a truck who went past every overnight parked truck on Walton Summit ind est at Bamber Bridge, blasting his horn, when another ■■■■ came on here and tried to justify it implying we were parked awkwardly (we weren’t btw)
A number of points come up here on this.

If we were parked awkwardly, wtf had it to do with the offending driver anway.

How can any driver other than a complete ■■■■ actually do it for any reason.

How can any other driver put up an argument to agree with it.

Drivers never cease to amaze me. :unamused:

anthony.downes:
Why is it when you are about to fall asleep at the side of the road, some other hgv driver will pass by and and sound his horn. What perverse pleasure do they get out of this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It’s what happens when you stop for a kip when nearly back home !

They are yts drivers,young thick and stupid

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Bit of an ar5e hole thing to do really and cant get my head around why anyone would do it :confused:
Maybe day driver with ■■■■ job with no life and nothing better to do…

Have to admit I did this to a very stupidly parked flip flop wagon about two weeks ago. Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t even stopped there, blind bend with overgrown bushes that we were bending our mirrors on getting past. He didn’t have his curtains around though.
Most annoying I find are the V8 throttle blippers that think myself and everyone else actually care about the fact they have “Super” on their grille and a silly exhaust.

or you could be parked up for a 15 min kip in a street and some ■■■■ walks by and shouts WAKE UP thinking he’s being humourous

robroy:
I put a post up about a ■■■■ in a truck who went past every overnight parked truck on Walton Summit ind est at Bamber Bridge, blasting his horn, when another ■■■■ came on here and tried to justify it implying we were parked awkwardly (we weren’t btw)
A number of points come up here on this.

If we were parked awkwardly, wtf had it to do with the offending driver anway.

How can any driver other than a complete ■■■■ actually do it for any reason.

How can any other driver put up an argument to agree with it.

Drivers never cease to amaze me. :unamused:

I work (nights) on Walton Summit Rob, who do you work for and if I see you parked up I’ll be sure to creep past, verrrry slowly and quietly :wink:

Why park in a layby close to the road,if you want to sleep find somewhere set back

lolipop:
Why park in a layby close to the road,if you want to sleep find somewhere set back

Because…

The services were full, there was absolutely no where else to park and they had 4 minutes driving time left?

No one wants to be right by the side of the A1 all night.

yourhavingalarf:

lolipop:

Because…

The services were full, there was absolutely no where else to park and they had 4 minutes driving time left?

No one wants to be right by the side of the A1 all night.

Start looking on 4 hours instead of leaving it so late nothing says you MUST do 4.30 before you stop,if need be pull off the A1 there`s plenty of junctions.

I don’t do nights out anymore…

I’m offering an explanation as to why others might be close to the roads.

4 hours 26 minutes? I’ve not gone much over 3 hours 45 in the last decade mate.