Home brew sleeper cabs

[zb]
anorak:
Good work, Ro.

Are they all Esteppe? Some of them have different windows, and some of them have different shapes where they attach to the rust.

Thank you!

No I don’t think they’re all Estepe. All the ones that look like the first pic probably are. The rest may be Estepe variants, Hatcher variants, other manufacturers’ offerings or homemade concoctions. Ro

Mid seventies and home made

2016-2-24_14710_zpsefqbtvxi (2).jpg

Nmp just found this on Facebook

gazsa401:

Nmp just found this on Facebook

I think I’ve actually been in that truck, there surely can’t be two the same.
I was tipping with the guy in Newcastle around 85ish, and I had a coffee with him in his cab.
I was WELL impressed with the interior,.I’d seen nothing like it before. :open_mouth:
This was pre space cabs days remember, and compared to my 2800 DAF it was like getting out of a wendy house into a mansion. :smiley:

landowner:

Is that UTU 810M?

240 Gardner:

landowner:

Is that UTU 810M?

It doesn’t appear to share any details with those two incarnations of that vehicle. The angle of the panel under the nesting box is different, or so it seems to me.

[zb]
anorak:

240 Gardner:

landowner:

Is that UTU 810M?

It doesn’t appear to share any details with those two incarnations of that vehicle. The angle of the panel under the nesting box is different, or so it seems to me.

Thanks for that - I’d a vague idea that it had worked for Priestner earlier on in its career. Actually, the photo of UTU 810M as a rigid was taken by me in Preston in 1984

240 Gardner:

[zb]
anorak:

240 Gardner:

landowner:

Is that UTU 810M?

Thanks for that - I’d a vague idea that it had worked for Priestner earlier on in its career. Actually, the photo of UTU 810M as a rigid was taken by me in Preston in 1984

It is indeed UTU 810M , started life as a day cab at Priestners and the owner driver fitted the stack and sleeper cab, I bought it and painted the stripes on , added grab rails from scrap buses etc., I also had the chassis stretched by 18 inches so as I could pull tilts. I eventually sold it and it went to the fair ground lads in Manchester who painted the red stripes blue and added a generator on the back, where it went from there until Gardner240 snapped it in Preston is anyones guess.

Haha!! I’m 100% wrong. I could swear that the nesting box is square on the bottom, on the original cab.

[zb]
anorak:
Haha!! I’m 100% wrong. I could swear that the nesting box is square on the bottom, on the original cab.

Hope you do better with the 140 cab :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

landowner:

[zb]
anorak:

Hope you do better with the 140 cab :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

LOL. How about this:
norton74.com/2012/05/04/scania-lb-140/

:confused: :neutral_face:

Suedehead:

My word, that Bedford CF is quite something - turntable drawbar 'n; all! At least it should never be found with an axle overload!

240 Gardner:

Suedehead:

My word, that Bedford CF is quite something - turntable drawbar 'n; all! At least it should never be found with an axle overload!

Overloaded when empty, is more likely! [emoji3]

I suspect there could be a little photoshopping there…

It looks superb. Whoever did the work with Photoshop is a magician. What would you rather drive- a TK 3 tonner or that?

[zb]
anorak:
It looks superb. Whoever did the work with Photoshop is a magician. What would you rather drive- a TK 3 tonner or that?

a TK to be honest , preferably one with a leyland engine and a 5 speed box 2 speed axle , CF’s weren’t great , but thats only my opinion

tony

Woortman on Facebook
m.facebook.com/rodebedford/about/

Nice job

That truck above was on permanent work for Coggan’s who ran the abattoir at Funtley which is now covered houses, almost certainly a Locomotors sleeper cab conversion who were based at Andover, they were a subsiduary of Hovis and did all sorts of commercial body building, Buzzer