Home brew sleeper cabs

Old
Newer

Certainly a neat job and a spacious cab, why not have ordered a normal sleeper cab with a high roof?

Froggy55:
Certainly a neat job and a spacious cab, why not have ordered a normal sleeper cab with a high roof?

Perhaps a conversion Froggy.

David

Froggy55:

The need for four doors? Tool lockers on the side are another indication that its human cargo numbered more than one driver. My best guess is that it is a mobile workshop, maybe for a motor racing team.

The very low cargo bodywork indeed looks like a workshop or possibly a horse van. I just had focused on the roof bunk.

Magnum and some

70CE6772-644A-417E-B2D1-335D84B85678.jpeg

DWP

What have they grafted on the top of that ?
Looks like the back of a pick up

robthedog:
DWP

That looks awful :neutral_face:

Suedehead:

robthedog:
DWP

nothing like a bit of dutch customising

robthedog:

Suedehead:

robthedog:
DWP

nothing like a bit of dutch customising

I did zoom in on the reg plate to see if it was Dutch, because my first thoughts made me think it was Greek

All that work, just to raise the rear of the cab roof. None of them had the brains to raise the whole thing, and gain double the extra volume.

Boxy

^^ Looks like he has a little kitchen in there :smiley:

That’s more like it. It looks quite professional- maybe it is made from a kit that you could buy, in the day.

i think if i’d had that on top of my 170/26 fiat it would have stopped dead in a head wind, lts an 80/81 motor , hatcher had roof top sleeper kits at that time ,we nearly put one on one of our Fords

tony

The Dutch company, Estepe used to provide high roofs for Fiat/Iveco. Their big one was, IIRC, called Europalace. There were all sorts of variants as the pictures below testify. None of them are my own pics BTW.

VH-79-YG-border.jpg

28325789421.jpg
i%20iveco%20saima.jpg
img322.jpg
Iveco%20Hakull.jpg
iveco19042transfargo.jpg

and a few more to follow…

Iveco-Turbostar-%25281995-1%2529.jpg
i%20iveco%20saima.jpg
trucks_nl_small.jpg
Turbost.%20Sties.jpg
1982%20Iveco%20Turbostar.JPG
1985%20Iveco%20turbostar.jpg
1986%20IVECO%20TURBOSTAR%20190%2048.jpg

1983%20Iveco%20turbostar.jpg
1989%20Iveco%20turbostar.JPG
turbstar estepe tanker.jpg
thumbnailCA92HGWF.jpg
turbstar estepe tanker.jpg

Good work, Ro.

Are they all Esteppe? Some of them have different windows, and some of them have different shapes where they attach to the rust.