Bedford tk with add on sleeper

can any one shed any light on a bedford tk with a add on sleeper,as for as i can remember they just extended the sides not the rear,like to boxes at each side of the cab,does this ring a bell,the firm i am thinking of was called elliott haulage from northwich,cheshire and they used this 4 wheeler on distance,any one got any pics of a motor with the same cab :question: :question: :question: :question:

I can remember seeing these about in the late 70’s- early 80’s, I’m sure one of the large bedding manufacturers of the time ran some of these :question: :question: long wheelbase TK’s with demountable luton bodies, as you said i think it was just the standard TK rear shelf, but with a small extension on either side… :question:
Jerry

Pickfords had them,looked like a shoe box grafted on either side.
Probably a Locomotors “conversion” :angry:

Probably based on the visually similar Ford and GMC from the states of the 1960s and the way they had ‘pods’ grafted to them. This one Ive lifted from Hanks Truck Pics, William McCullough collection. Great looking ‘Truck’, eh?

So nice Im gonna have to post a couple more… sorry!

I drove this TK for several years on UK delivery work with 2 to 3 nights out a week,
The sleeper conversion extended the cab out on both sides and backward by 6 inches which made for a snug but comfy bunk,though the lack of storage was a problem.

bulldog_68:
I drove this TK for several years on UK delivery work with 2 to 3 nights out a week,
The sleeper conversion extended the cab out on both sides and backward by 6 inches which made for a snug but comfy bunk,though the lack of storage was a problem.

You kept it looking very smart as well, a credit to you.

altitude:

bulldog_68:

Thank’s for that. It was old slow and smelly with no power steering but I loved every minute of it :wink: I got a Ford Cargo 813 after that and it just wasn’t the same(I could even hear the radio)

bulldog_68:

altitude:

bulldog_68:

Thank’s for that. It was old slow and smelly with no power steering but I loved every minute of it :wink: I got a Ford Cargo 813 after that and it just wasn’t the same(I could even hear the radio)

Probably because the ariel on the Tk was mounted on fibreglass :wink: :laughing: