Here we go, the video vigilantes will be out in force

AndrewG:
These vigilantes really do need to get a life! If others want to break the law let them get on with it!
The police are the ones to deal with wrong doing not some do gooder tree hugging geeky nerd type road commander with a cheap chinese camera! These people need to learn to just get on with their own life NOT continually worry what others do… :imp:

If I see somebody speeding or on the phone whilst passing my child’s school then I’ll report them for it. The police might not go chasing after them but what it will do is highlight a problem and maybe help police conduct speeding/ phone checks in certain areas.
Call me whatever you want but as a parent I feel it’s my duty to do something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born Idle:
My dash cam caught an HGV driver going for about 100 yards with 2 wheels (well, about 12 actually but you know what I mean) on the pavement towards a blind left bend, because the carriageway was hampered by a queue of cars coming the other way who were all slowly overtaking a line of parked cars. It really was impatience at its worse, and saved him a whole 30 seconds. Rather than shop him to Plod, I sent the clip to his company.
The reply? “Well, he couldn’t get past could he!”

I was sorely tempted to send the clip to the law after that. Maybe next time!

On a serious note, without context this means nothing. It could have been an industrial estate, with cars parked everywhere leaving not enough space. This happens all the time. Or it could have been a village, with pedestrians around. In which case, yes, the driver would have been a ■■■■.

I had to slow down…

Just a bit (29 mph to 26 mph), for a little old lady who wasn’t quite sure wether to cross or not at the pelican crossing.

Luckily I’ve got it on film and I’ve sent it to my local plod force to catch this selfish old biddy before she prevaricates dangerously like that again!

smokinbarrels:

AndrewG:
These vigilantes really do need to get a life! If others want to break the law let them get on with it!
The police are the ones to deal with wrong doing not some do gooder tree hugging geeky nerd type road commander with a cheap chinese camera! These people need to learn to just get on with their own life NOT continually worry what others do… :imp:

If I see somebody speeding or on the phone whilst passing my child’s school then I’ll report them for it. The police might not go chasing after them but what it will do is highlight a problem and maybe help police conduct speeding/ phone checks in certain areas.
Call me whatever you want but as a parent I feel it’s my duty to do something about it.

Well if someone is driving past a school texting on their phone then that’s fair enough, as the driver is actively putting others at risk. It is also important for dashcam footage to be legally admissable evidence - right now it helps but really unless the law backs it up, they won’t help you in 100% of cases. But you do get these anoraks on YouTube who get mildly inconvenienced by someone - instead of flicking a V sign and carrying on with life, they chant the reg number and start firing off angry letters to anyone unfortunate enough to have a police email. The latter is the sort of person a lot of people which will get ■■■■■■ off by this.

smokinbarrels:

AndrewG:

Well, fair enough. Let’s hope your own driving is beyond reproach too, eh?

old_n07:
North Yorkshire Police gains first dashcam submission prosecution - BBC News

A man has become the first driver in North Yorkshire to be prosecuted after another motorist submitted footage of them overtaking dangerously.
It follows the launch of a North Yorkshire Police operation where drivers are encouraged to shop other motorists.

TBH, any prick that drives like that deserves all the s**t they get coming there way. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

smokinbarrels:

AndrewG:

Speeding past a school is a no no as any reasonable person would agree but what good would reporting it really do as you have no proof as to the speed of the vehicle only an estimation. Im not too up on policing in the UK but over here at least it would fall on deaf ears, as the police dont give a ■■■■ and that goes for much of the ‘law’.
Policing of the roads should be left to the relevant authorities imho…

There sure are some Grasses on this post…i would hate to have to work with them. "!!..what others do…i let them do…its none of my business…IF one did indeed cause an accident, and or injuries, and the police were looking for witnesses…thats a different matter…but trying to police it yourself, then sending the evidence to a company or the police is in my opinion a no go.

Many years ago, when i was on tippers, we had no limiters, and were paid by the load…one old girl phoned up to say i was speeding ( she was behind me ) and told the boss i was doing 75 mph…he told her, he would have a word with the driver…as his vehicles were good for at least 90 mph…now eff off…the correct answer in my opinion, and the same for grasses

It is fairly obvious that some of the non grassers that mind their own business have never has anyone close to them seriously injured or killed by a driver who refuses to stick to the law and is extremely selfish and only thinks of himself all the time.FACT.

There are a couple of members on here who must have been teachers pet at school " Please miss jimmy pinched me " and probably went on to be the bosses pet grassing all the others up . No sense of us and them any more just a morbid desire to cause trouble and even lose jobs for people they don’t even know . Of course it has become so easy , and cowardly , to hide behind a mobile . No danger for them of a good hiding for being the nasty sneaks that they are .

Uncle Albie:
It is fairly obvious that some of the non grassers that mind their own business have never has anyone close to them seriously injured or killed by a driver who refuses to stick to the law and is extremely selfish and only thinks of himself all the time.FACT.

And i suppose youve never broken any laws/rules/regs in your life?? You can bend the rules be it tacho, run extra weight and hoss on without being a danger to anyone. Im far from whiter than white but NEVER drive to endanger innocent lives and in my judgement (that judgement being 100% correct) totally 100% safe in what i do.
If others do daft things on the road i just let them get on with it and so should you. Its not up to the likes of you or anyone else for that matter to report them. You go through life grassing and dobbing others in it and karma will eventually bite you hard in the ar5e… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

Uncle Albie:

And i suppose youve never broken any laws/rules/regs in your life?? You can bend the rules be it tacho, run extra weight and hoss on without being a danger to anyone. Im far from whiter than white but NEVER drive to endanger innocent lives and in my judgement (that judgement being 100% correct) totally 100% safe in what i do.
If others do daft things on the road i just let them get on with it and so should you. Its not up to the likes of you or anyone else for that matter to report them. You go through life grassing and dobbing others in it and karma will eventually bite you hard in the ar5e… :grimacing:

You can bend the rules be it tacho, run extra weight and hoss on without being a danger to anyone What a statement from a so called professional driver.

Completely deluded pal and I guarantee karma will bite your backside very hard one day.Met your type so often.You are one of the drivers that give our industry a bad name.
Just to keep you right seeing you dont understand English I have never dobbed any driver in.

Uncle Albie:

AndrewG:

Uncle Albie:

You can bend the rules be it tacho, run extra weight and hoss on without being a danger to anyone What a statement from a so called professional driver.

Completely deluded pal and I guarantee karma will bite your backside very hard one day.Met your type so often.You are one of the drivers that give our industry a bad name.
Just to keep you right seeing you dont understand English I have never dobbed any driver in.

The typical ‘give our industry a bad name’ type arent you , you really dont live in the real world :unamused: 25 years working the way i do all over europe without one single issue says karma doesnt give a ■■■■ about me. Dont tell me…you used to deliver fence panels in a day cab Leyland Freighter and a long run was Travis Perkins Dover… :grimacing:

Bluey Circles:
Could have burst a whole load of paving slabs; cash strapped local council then tries to ignore problem until old lady trips and falls, then forced to repair and compensate the old lady, the million pound bill comes straight out of the local parks, swimming pool and recreational areas, the long term damage to children growing up in the area is incalculable.

Driver should have been forced to repair damage on his day off (then dobbed in to vosa for hours infringement) - you know it makes sense.

You’re only saying that because you want a smoother ride whilst you cycle on the pavement! :stuck_out_tongue:

So OK, we have a demographic that want to shop other 'Road User’s for offences. Now does that mean cyclists should be exempt from this, or do we need to have the number plate discussion again? :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:
So OK, we have a demographic that want to shop other 'Road User’s for offences. Now does that mean cyclists should be exempt from this, or do we need to have the number plate discussion again? :grimacing:

How about the abolition of reg plates from all vehicles, or at least make it optional. I wonder how bizarre some would behave.

Evil8Beezle:

No need for numberplate for cyclists. Just make it legal to run them over.

Gembo:

old_n07:

A man has become the first driver in North Yorkshire to be prosecuted after another motorist submitted footage of them overtaking dangerously.
It follows the launch of a North Yorkshire Police operation where drivers are encouraged to shop other motorists.

TBH, any prick that drives like that deserves all the s**t they get coming there way. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I absolutely agree too. ^^^^^^

Assuming they watched the video of appalling driving first of all I cannot understand the amount of dissenters on here to the prosecution and evidence,

I frequently read posts here where guys say they reported this, that and the other to the police while drving, who’s number they have saved for frequent use I assume.

Nobody much batted an eyelid about it.

But making a video or photo has some getting very hot and bothered.

I wondered why and I can only ask if these dissenters are very afraid of being “movie stars” themselves one day as they regularly behave unacceptably in a civilised society.

So I wonder if the “grasses” and other name calling or the "I have an agreement with the police,they won’t do my job and I wont do …etc " and other meaningless cliches are just a cover up to avoid being caught themselves.

There was a similar reaction on a recent thread when a de-identified driver was photographed taking a leak against his truck in the MSA only yards from the toilet in broad daylight.

These objectors were suddenly crying foul once he was caught on camera despite whinging non stop about the stench in MSA’s.

They started quoting Data Privacy Act, laws and regulations to defend the guy. They sounded like top class Barristers all of a sudden yet this morning they didn’t know if they could leave the yard or not with a marker light not working.

We all know that the courts and police are at bursting point so we all know only serious offences will be prosecuted…I may well feature in some myself for minor deviances but I’m not worried because the CPS can barely handle the major offences.

So why the fear guys■■? Are you the Perp to be or a true citizen rights campaigner in your free time?

If any driver on here thinks that prosecution was wrong after watching the video then then I despair. I too disagree with much tittle tattle nonsense running to the police but a line was seriously crossed here and we must differentiate the two.

If as in the video many prefer to behave like animals all day with the laws of the jungle then fair enough but DO NOT ever again start another thread questioning why truck drivers and so badly paid and treated by all they meet most days.

Behaviour and respect are directly connected as far as I can figure it so I apologise for going on a bit.

As much as I think these twonks who record things like this are interfering wan**rs this guy deserved a ban.
I see these videos on FB a lot and those who seem to go out of their way to record people trying to get on with there lives are a pain in the ■■■■■■.

Hurryup&wait:

Gembo:

old_n07:

I absolutely agree too. ^^^^^^

Assuming they watched the video of appalling driving first of all I cannot understand the amount of dissenters on here to the prosecution and evidence,

I frequently read posts here where guys say they reported this, that and the other to the police while drving, who’s number they have saved for frequent use I assume.

Nobody much batted an eyelid about it.

But making a video or photo has some getting very hot and bothered.

I wondered why and I can only ask if these dissenters are very afraid of being “movie stars” themselves one day as they regularly behave unacceptably in a civilised society.

So I wonder if the “grasses” and other name calling or the "I have an agreement with the police,they won’t do my job and I wont do …etc " and other meaningless cliches are just a cover up to avoid being caught themselves.

There was a similar reaction on a recent thread when a de-identified driver was photographed taking a leak against his truck in the MSA only yards from the toilet in broad daylight.

These objectors were suddenly crying foul once he was caught on camera despite whinging non stop about the stench in MSA’s.

They started quoting Data Privacy Act, laws and regulations to defend the guy. They sounded like top class Barristers all of a sudden yet this morning they didn’t know if they could leave the yard or not with a marker light not working.

We all know that the courts and police are at bursting point so we all know only serious offences will be prosecuted…I may well feature in some myself for minor deviances but I’m not worried because the CPS can barely handle the major offences.

So why the fear guys■■? Are you the Perp to be or a true citizen rights campaigner in your free time?

If any driver on here thinks that prosecution was wrong after watching the video then then I despair. I too disagree with much tittle tattle nonsense running to the police but a line was seriously crossed here and we must differentiate the two.

If as in the video many prefer to behave like animals all day with the laws of the jungle then fair enough but DO NOT ever again start another thread questioning why truck drivers and so badly paid and treated by all they meet most days.

Behaviour and respect are directly connected as far as I can figure it so I apologise for going on a bit.

No need to apologise for speaking sense.
Some peoples driving and general behaviour will end up with accidents and death. Its not just them-selfish-selves involved but innocents too.
In this case maybe there wasnt any blood nguts, or squashed kittens but, in the phrase: "that driver is an accident waiting to happen". Better to report, "dobbem in", any phrase you wan,t rather than let them carry on until the bitter end.
Hypocrite ? Im not a perfect driver, Im not a perfect individual in ANY sense. If I do something stupid and dangerous then I will (and have) accept the consequences of my actions. I wont blame someone else for being a witness to my foolishness, be it with or without a phone camera/dash cam, I am over 6years old and try to take responsibility for my own choices. We arent talking 31 in a 30 zone here are we? We are talking about stupidity.
EDIT Re ■■■■■■■ in car parks:
Filming someone ■■■■■■■ in a toilet, private or public, is obviously a no-no. No argument. If someone chooses to have a ■■■■ in a PUBLIC PLACE then they deserve all the criticism they get. Its not as if the piccies showed anyones face or was a close-up or whatever. Absolutely a proportionate use of filming to raise an issue, without really being an objectionable full frontal invasion of any “privacy” the subject could possibly have felt entitled to.