Operation "snap"

Members of the public can now submit dash cam footage to “go safe” safety camera partnership, the footage is then forwarded to South Wales Police who then make a decision as to whether the offending driver is then prosecuted.

The “Go Safe” Safety camera partnership have a reputation in this part of the world for being lower than a snakes belly, even going as far as to placing a van near a crematorium where a rural road (going downhill) goes from a thirty to a fifty no houses schools or pedestrians just bereaved relatives.

Now relying on the lycra clad clowns and dash cam heroes to police the roads.

gosafesnap.wales

Any thoughts

Nextbase have launched a camera footage upload portal for users to upload to the local police forces for prosecution for motoring offences.

Just another way for the police to do less work and solve more crimes with less officers on the roads.

Personally I think only extreme serious driving offences should be able to be submitted to police forces.

I know there was a suggestion of forces being inundated with dash cam clips and they were unable to process them all and somehow now they seem to have the time and manpower to deal with them now.

Better be more careful out there everyone as there are too many idiots out there that will be all too happy to dob you in for every little mistake you make.

id think good advice if it happens to you would be to use our friend ms beverly bell and her court case as a perfect example to walk away from it.
unless theres 1 rule for them,and 1 for the rest of us? :unamused:

is the dashcan - callibrated for speed ?
Is the date /time stamp accurate?
Has the footage been tampered with ?
Chain of evidence etc etc
The lycra clad loonies/tree huggers /lorry haters /delicate children / snowflakes will love the idea , getting that “evidence” to stand up in a court of law is another matter .

So it’s still 1984 then. :angry:

‘‘Go Safe’’ :unamused: … Love the way every ■■■■ thing like this is spinned to make it look like it’s for ‘‘Your benefit’’ :unamused:
Does anybody actually believe all the official agenda crap?
Speed cameras are ‘‘Safety Cameras’’ instead of the real reason …‘‘Cash cow cameras’’ they spy on us with in cab cameras to ‘‘Protect us’’ and now this, ‘‘Go Safe’’ :unamused: ,.aka a passport for the pond life grasses and weasel types to be official self appointed Police at last. :smiling_imp:
There are enough of these ■■■■ s around as it is without encouraging them officially. :unamused:

Surely this means HGV drivers can upload footage of the thousands of ■■■■■■■■■ that they encounter. I’m assuming this isn’t just aimed at dodgy lorry deriving? This could be our chance for a bit of justice!

Dashcam footage is rarely admissable as evidence in court & it is extremely unlikely that all of this footage that is being collected will do anything other than briefly entertain a few selected individuals.

If you have footage then upload it to yootoob with the vehicle reg & location in the title, at least then it might shame the morons.

ezydriver:
Surely this means HGV drivers can upload footage of the thousands of [zb] that they encounter. I’m assuming this isn’t just aimed at dodgy lorry deriving? This could be our chance for a bit of justice!

That would keep them busy for a few years at least, this idea of getting everybody to tout on each other will eventually cause more aggro than it solves. North Korea must be having a right laugh when the UK calls them a police state.

ezydriver:
Surely this means HGV drivers can upload footage of the thousands of [zb] that they encounter. I’m assuming this isn’t just aimed at dodgy lorry deriving? This could be our chance for a bit of justice!

I like the idea but it will never happen.
Unless the ■■■■■ wear some form of ID that´s captured by the camera you´ll never know who the ■■■■■ are.

I heard a couple of months ago of a similar system to snap tailgaters on motorways.
Apparently to start early next year.

Dork Lard:
Dashcam footage is rarely admissable as evidence in court & it is extremely unlikely that all of this footage that is being collected will do anything other than briefly entertain a few selected individuals.

If you have footage then upload it to yootoob with the vehicle reg & location in the title, at least then it might shame the morons.

Rarely admissible in court? I think you will find that is changing. There are plenty of stories of people being convicted after the fact from their own dashcam being used as evidence against them.

If the police pull you over for something they can request to see your dashcam footage there and then and you legally have to allow them to see it and could then be used against you in a court of law.

The law i think will be changing very soon over dahcams now they are becoming more prevalent in private cars.

simcor:
If the police pull you over for something they can request to see your dashcam footage there and then and you legally have to allow them to see it and could then be used against you in a court of law.

Weeellll, I´m not 100% sure of that.
AFAIK (and I may, as usual, be wrong)
Unless the camera/mobile was a contributing factor in said incident/collision/accident then they can´t just demand you hand it over, then cart you off to pokey if you tell em to “eff off plod”
They can ask, and if it was me and I wasn´t the one in the firing line, I´d hand it over (if asked nicely :slight_smile: )

North wales police started a similar thing a couple of years ago, but I think they wanted the dash cam footage of the whole journey, not just the incident, and not to have be put on social media.
Hopefully to stop of some of the want a be self appointed police types, plodding around generally being a nuisance and hoping some one will over take them in a less than ideal place, and send that 5 second clip in.

Just another click on the divide and rule ratchet.

Make people distrustful of one another, herd them into identity groups, get them at each others throats, allow a few groups a free pass, tar a few of the groups with a manufactured imaginary 'ism or three, pass new anti freedom of speech/written word laws so the politicised police service can nab anyone reading from the wrong hymnsheet, and here we are today encouraging useful idiots to shop each other with car cameras…next they’ll mincing willingly into the gulag/chamber and telling their legion of imaginary fiends on facepalm :unamused:

Big Brother? the fools are heaping their own funeral pyre if they did but know it.

peterm:
So it’s still 1984 then. :angry:

Naa.

Think it’s called ‘Project Fear’ now…

Juddian:
Just another click on the divide and rule ratchet.

Make people distrustful of one another, herd them into identity groups, get them at each others throats, allow a few groups a free pass, tar a few of the groups with a manufactured imaginary 'ism or three, pass new anti freedom of speech/written word laws so the politicised police service can nab anyone reading from the wrong hymnsheet, and here we are today encouraging useful idiots to shop each other with car cameras…next they’ll mincing willingly into the gulag/chamber and telling their legion of imaginary fiends on facepalm :unamused:

Big Brother? the fools are heaping their own funeral pyre if they did but know it.

I´m guessing…3 pints of Stella, or 3 large glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon. :smiley:

steviespain:

Juddian:

I´m guessing…3 pints of Stella, or 3 large glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon. :smiley:

Don’t drink, but…am i wrong?

Juddian:

steviespain:

Juddian:

Don’t drink, but…am i wrong?

No.
Yes.
Mebbe.
Kinda.
I dunno.
No
I literally have no idea.

Well lay off the dope then :smiley: Ok, kiddin´.

There´s mebbe 4 or 5 regulars, like yourself, on here that are so intellectually advanced of the rest of us that, sometimes, you go too far. I can´t get my head around what you guys are saying.
I just want to drive me wagon.
Ok, it´s probably my fault, I don´t read enough, don´t focus on the bigger picture. And I DO like reading what you guys write, but sometimes it goes right over my head.

steviespain:

Juddian:

steviespain:

Juddian:

that are so intellectually advanced of the rest of us .

Absolutely not, i’m just a hairy arsed lorry driver like you and most others on here, but i talk more utter ■■■■■■■■ :laughing: