Watch out in North Wales

North Wales Police are proposing a new scheme named Operation Snap, whereby camera footage taken from dash cams belonging to members of the public can be used as evidence to prosecute drivers.

Ok in principle maybe for the more serious examples of dangerous driving, and it will maybe do some good in that respect.
No doubt we will get the usual ‘’ You have nothing to worry about if you do nothing wrong’’ types on here (who say that to absolutely every ■■■■ thing that is used against us :unamused: ) which is correct, but we have all done stupid things, maybe not intentionally, later realised so, and maybe regretted it.

The problem with this for us is, we can all imagine the type of no life, self righteous, pompous ■■■■ that will jump on this, and use it as some kind of hobby to fulfill his fantasy of being a part time Traffic Policeman, worse still if he also happens to be a truck hater, of which there are many.

Some will be even capable, not to mention keen and willing, to actually create situations themselves to make themselves look good and massage their ego …Trucker Jay springs to mind here, look at him, not to mention the following of complete cretins that he has as fans, who think it is better to pursue an accident situation rather than to avoid one. :unamused:

Just look at some of those annoying little whiny voiced cyclists who do just that, and have their own web sites.
So just be aware who may be following you around in North wales. :bulb:

Thanks to Reef for pointing this out on the Bev Bell thread, I just thought it was worthy of a thread of it’s own to warn drivers.

Of course anyone ‘trapped’ by this method will be able to rely on the police finding that the footage did not meet the evidential standards
to indicate any offences took place. :wink:

Roll on retirement, telematics plus various already fitted on board monitoring, in cab cameras, outside the cab cameras, now the public being invited to grass a lorry driver for anything the previous crap might have missed, we’ve walked straight into the total surveillance state.
What next zoom night vision lens to catch the poor bloody night trunker having to pull up on the slip road of a rammed full layby and nip onto the grass verge for a ■■■■■ cos there’s nowhere else to pee?
Next it’ll be a chip inside yer head to monitor your thoughts, and that ladies and gentleman isn’t as far away as you might imagine.

Cheers for the heads up.

I wonder if the “Tang Turnpike” will get a bit calmer now then?

Nah wtf am I saying, they gotta get the boat! :laughing:

North Wales police are useless. They put a camera up outside my house one time to keep an eye on the neighbour. It was there for 6 weeks and despite being told they left it pointing at the floor the whole time. Useless idiots.

LASHHGV:
North Wales police are useless. They put a camera up outside my house one time to keep an eye on the neighbour. It was there for 6 weeks and despite being told they left it pointing at the floor the whole time. Useless idiots.

Humberside police put cctv up to catch antisocial behaviour in one part of Hull, the cameras were nicked!

Juddian:
Roll on retirement, telematics plus various already fitted on board monitoring, in cab cameras, outside the cab cameras, now the public being invited to grass a lorry driver for anything the previous crap might have missed, we’ve walked straight into the total surveillance state.
What next zoom night vision lens to catch the poor bloody night trunker having to pull up on the slip road of a rammed full layby and nip onto the grass verge for a ■■■■■ cos there’s nowhere else to pee?
Next it’ll be a chip inside yer head to monitor your thoughts, and that ladies and gentleman isn’t as far away as you might imagine.

Cheers for the heads up.

Your not wrong there,Hitachi built a micro chip some some years ago the size of a sand grain,would,nt be too much of a problem getting that thing into a brain via a syringe for instance,no doubt via a ‘government immunisation programme’,flu jab maybe?

Plenty footage on YouTube with all the truck hating dash cam warriors already out there… :imp:

I foresee this failing anyway, the North Wales Police will no doubt get inundated with 1000’s of “supposed” infractions many of which will be petty beyond belief “fast forward to 1m 27s officer, his tyres crossed the solid white line for at least three seconds!!!”

In the end they’ll get ■■■■■■ off with them all and U turn I reckon.

Police control rooms take 100’s of Driving complaints a day. Most complainers just wish to gripe and rapidly hide when it’s remotely suggested that they would have to make a statement and possibly attend court.
Given the reduced number of Cops and the virtual non-existence of Traffic Cops, this “Policing by Campaigns” will be short lived. Most of these “citizens” will end up committing worse offences than those they are trying to capture!

I put a camera in my car about 6 weeks ago. Must be broken 'cause I’ve got no trauma, lunacy or comedy yet. :blush: :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Reef:
I wonder if the “Tang Turnpike” will get a bit calmer now then?

Nah wtf am I saying, they gotta get the boat! :laughing:

Tang Turnpike! Now that amused me, sat in a lay-by right now on the TT