Hercock simpson/continental

FOR GUNNER,ROG,PHIL AND ANY OTHER EX HERCOCKS
PS GUNNER I THINK IT WAS DAVE WEBB
hope you all enjoy these few pics this is definatley all i have my old fella is on one of them possible two i recognise the fella in pic 1 but cant remember his name a couple of them have got the old fellas girlfriend on,in picture 5 you will notice the garonor lady on the grill i still have that some where.
and the last pic has got to be graeme furniss

Anyone recognise this bloke, i think his name was Dave and he came from Leicester had a weekend at Aosta with him and met him on the road several times afterwards.He drove for Hercocks.

LB76:
0Anyone recognise this bloke, i think his name was Dave and he came from Leicester had a weekend at Aosta with him and met him on the road several times afterwards.He drove for Hercocks.

Hi LB76 his names George Marvesley good old mate of mine good lad and well liked sadly past away now .

Rog Collins:

LB76:
0Anyone recognise this bloke, i think his name was Dave and he came from Leicester had a weekend at Aosta with him and met him on the road several times afterwards.He drove for Hercocks.

Hi LB76 his names George Marvesley good old mate of mine good lad and well liked sadly past away now .

another one then rog im begining to think there is not that many left

hanson:

morling:
hi just found this web page , i drove for hercocks in the 70s . my name is phil morling i used to do continantal & procter gambles along with dave laws who is no longer with us sad to say , i do remember the good bunch of lads that were there at the time we had some good trips all together , i still have my hgv 1 dont use it now , i have a cafe in leicester at the bus station so if any of the lads fancy comming in for tea and a chat it would great to relive the good old days , tommy lacy used to come in to have a chat but sad to say he is no longer with us now . would be nice to here from any of the lads that are still about ,you dont realise what a good job it was at the time so many storys to tell .

hi phil welcome to this chat we are having you will have to dig some of your old photos out,you must remember me then nigel king roger kings lad (passed away) last time i seen you was at a car boot. i bet some of them pictures bring back memorys phil. me and rog collins are trying to work out how many of the lads are left do you know of any

hi nigel , yes i new your dad very well , did lots of trips with your dad, i was with your dad / myself and dan daily from depo welford road to cork southern ieland , 3 low loaders with wide load . dont know how many guys are still with us i can think of lots of names , probably ted woods would know more about the ones that are still around , which would be nice for me to know who is still around we all had great times and pictures have bought back so many memerious , sadly i dont have any photos wish i had thought to have took camera with me at the time .

LB76:

hi the guy leanning on hg brown truck is dave speak from leicester

I think that was the name Dave Speak, does anyone know if he is still about ?

hanson:

Rog Collins:

LB76:

another one then rog im begining to think there is not that many left

well it looks like i got him wrong new glasses i reckon,wondering about Don Robinson or micky coles any body heard anything.

hanson:
hi rog dont get to see many to be honest terry podges,dave bright (i think) and geoff bradshaw came to the old fellas funeral,its hard to know who is still around.paul warner he is on denbys,a couple of the mechanics ended up at walkers crisps think they are still there.ted woods he had his own small express haulage firm and was doing very well the last i heard,jimmy russell he passed on a long time ago went to see him in hospital the day before he died i think the drink got him in the end.■■■■ sarul ended up runnning a pub but i did here he went back to driving and things didint go to well.kev johnson i worked for him for a while he ran a few trucks abroad.i remember a few years back they did have reunion but who went i dont know,its a shame how you lose touch another guy on here gunner has just mentioned hamilton parkes im pretty sure he is at the artisan still and ian anderson he is still bout soome where.micky matts the last i heard was down in italy angie lived down there aswell at one time micky matts told me once it was funny watching angie running up the street with white shirt,shorts,trainers cap and sun glasses getting to the house absolutley knackered looking like a over age ball boy.i did here that angie lost his daugter in a accident and he worked her snack bar on scudamore road for a while.
i would love to see some of the photos there must be some about somewhere.
i remember when i used to do a trailer check on the satuday for lads shipping out on sunday there would 50 plus on that list that was with out the subbies you would never see that many now shipping out from one company,dover used to look like hercocks yard on a sunday

me dad worked for kev jono renault 365 major tried rippin me dad off till he seen his body guard ha ha

bay 364t yeah he was like that tried it with me aswell but i didnt stay there long only did a few trips for him.

LB76:

That is Dave Speake

Anyone know of his whereabouts these days ?

dave was a really good friend, he passed away sometime ago,he was ill for quite some time I moved away and was told he passed away.

LB76:
Anyone know of his whereabouts these days ?

I am sorry to hear that mate condolences from me.

LB76:
I am sorry to hear that mate condolences from me.

Dave was a very special guy, he taught me a lot and took me under his wing when I was just 21 and passed my test, I was very young to start the continent at 21 but through his guidence I remained doing the continent for 16 yrs and was good friends with Dave the hole time and beyond, a better man you will not find.

I worked in the office at Hercocks in Leicester in 1979 when Fred Darby and Malcolm White were there.Does anybody know what they are doing now.The 111 everybody is talking about was a freebie from the manufacturer in an effort to get business .In 1979 the fleet was 113 Volvos and one Scania.

Very sorry to hear about Dave Speake RIP mate, really glad i ran with you at Holmes International 91-92 >a privilege to work with and learn from such a nice genuine bloke…another good one gone best regards to his friends and family dave m

glynn50:
Hi All
just found another photo of my dads truck BAY 634 T somewhere in ITALY.Heard Dave Bright has been very ill but from what i hear is now making a recovery last seen him at my dads funeral.
cheers Glynn.

ill get a pic on here sa soon as i can of this sprayed up in me dads colours lee mick transport

bay634t:

glynn50:
Hi All
just found another photo of my dads truck BAY 634 T somewhere in ITALY.Heard Dave Bright has been very ill but from what i hear is now making a recovery last seen him at my dads funeral.
cheers Glynn.

ill get a pic on here sa soon as i can of this sprayed up in me dads colours lee mick transport

he also worked for hercocks / darby white he drove the bay634t f10 a few times for them before buying it off cole robinson his name mick spriggs /SPRIGGO ring any bells with any one

bay634t:

bay634t:

glynn50:
Hi All
cheers Glynn.

he also worked for hercocks / darby white he drove the bay634t f10 a few times for them before buying it off cole robinson his name mick spriggs /SPRIGGO ring any bells with any one