Hercock simpson/continental

gb1:
Found this whilst trawling through the shoe-box.
The photo was taken sometime in the late 70’s at the East of England Show in Peterborough,
and would have been on the Volvo dealers (Billows) stand.

Hi gb1, this looks like " Me Ducks ", F7 posted on an earlier page… Great pic :smiley:

gb1:
The photo was taken sometime in the late 70’s at the East of England Show in Peterborough,

Hi gb1 nice photo brings back some good memorys when i was on for Hercock Continental,Doug Bailey who drove that wagon was a smashing guy loved his woodbines.

Rog Collins:

gb1:

Hi gb1 nice photo brings back some good memorys when i was on for Hercock Continental,Doug Bailey who drove that wagon was a smashing guy loved his woodbines.

i think i remmeber you rog you will probably remeber my old fella

hanson:

Rog Collins:

gb1:

Hi Hanson yes i remember your dad roger king well, i can remember meeting you as well mate sorry to hear about your dad,hope your keeping well nice to hear from you

Rog Collins:

hanson:

Rog Collins:

gb1:

Hi Hanson yes i remember your dad roger king well, i can remember meeting you as well mate sorry to hear about your dad,hope your keeping well nice to hear from you

hi rog you must get some of your pics on here you must have a few some where as i remember you used to be one of the lads that got all the good trips,and you probably didnt know it at the time but you was one of the most liked by the gararge lads

hanson:

Rog Collins:

hanson:

Rog Collins:

gb1:

hi rog you must get some of your pics on here you must have a few some where as i remember you used to be one of the lads that got all the good trips,and you probably didnt know it at the time but you was one of the most liked by the gararge lads

Hi hanson been searching for some pics i have got a few but cant find them at the minute will post some as soon as i find them,ps i liked all you boys a lot as well lol!

Rog Collins:

hanson:

Rog Collins:

hanson:

Rog Collins:

gb1:

Hi hanson Graham Furnness used to tell Fred Darby where he wanted to go LOL, been searching for some pics i have got a few but cant find them at the minute will post some as soon as i find them,ps i liked all you boys a lot as well lol!

CLICK ON PIC TO MAKE BIGGER. Left to right Roger King,Micky Coles,Forgot name (Great Lad) Roger Collins south of france near italian border(looking for a PUB) all Hercock Drivers, I think Chris (Grandma) Geary took the pic.

hi rog nice pic about the only one i have ever seen of him with other drivers,i remember that other driver aswell cant remember his name thou hope you like the old truck pics i put on here a while back bet they bring back some memorys for you

hanson:
hi rog nice pic about the only one i have ever seen of him with other drivers,i remember that other driver aswell cant remember his name thou hope you like the old truck pics i put on here a while back bet they bring back some memorys for you

hi hanson allways good to see the old pics, i often wonder how all the old drivers are from leicester and edmonton and the lads from dover some cracking times,do you ever hear from any of them? ,i spoke to graham furnness the other week and was going to see him for a few sherberts in leicester but i could"nt make it, next time i am in leicester hopefully meet up graham and a few lads and yourself of course, i live in Nooorfolk now but still come to leicester family and friends etc

Rog Collins:

hanson:

hi hanson allways good to see the old pics, i often wonder how all the old drivers are from leicester and edmonton and the lads from dover some cracking times,do you ever hear from any of them? ,i spoke to graham furnness the other week and was going to see him for a few sherberts in leicester but i could"nt make it, next time i am in leicester hopefully meet up graham and a few lads and yourself of course, i live in Nooorfolk now but still come to leicester family and friends etc

Hi Rog & Hanson, i had a night out with Mick Hamilton-Parkes a few months back, and he told a funny story regarding the then young Ian Anderson needing a cb name for himself, so another driver suggested " Sherman Tanker ", and the wet behind the ears Ian used it for a bit til he realised what it rhymed with. Saw Ian a while back and reminded him of this, was quite funny watching him cringe … :laughing:

hi rog dont get to see many to be honest terry podges,dave bright (i think) and geoff bradshaw came to the old fellas funeral,its hard to know who is still around.paul warner he is on denbys,a couple of the mechanics ended up at walkers crisps think they are still there.ted woods he had his own small express haulage firm and was doing very well the last i heard,jimmy russell he passed on a long time ago went to see him in hospital the day before he died i think the drink got him in the end.■■■■ sarul ended up runnning a pub but i did here he went back to driving and things didint go to well.kev johnson i worked for him for a while he ran a few trucks abroad.i remember a few years back they did have reunion but who went i dont know,its a shame how you lose touch another guy on here gunner has just mentioned hamilton parkes im pretty sure he is at the artisan still and ian anderson he is still bout soome where.micky matts the last i heard was down in italy angie lived down there aswell at one time micky matts told me once it was funny watching angie running up the street with white shirt,shorts,trainers cap and sun glasses getting to the house absolutley knackered looking like a over age ball boy.i did here that angie lost his daugter in a accident and he worked her snack bar on scudamore road for a while.
i would love to see some of the photos there must be some about somewhere.
i remember when i used to do a trailer check on the satuday for lads shipping out on sunday there would 50 plus on that list that was with out the subbies you would never see that many now shipping out from one company,dover used to look like hercocks yard on a sunday

rog on a quick note the name hercock still lives on and the orange and brown trucks can still be seen on the road today althou not artics they have a buliders merchants at melton mowbary i think one of the sons run it pretty sure its jonathon

Hi All
just found another photo of my dads truck BAY 634 T somewhere in ITALY.Heard Dave Bright has been very ill but from what i hear is now making a recovery last seen him at my dads funeral.
cheers Glynn.

Mick Hamilton-Parkes is at Widdosons, Ian Anderson’s on for Hardings Transport, Joe Streather passed away just before christmas, Paul Warner had a brief spell on Baxters walking floors, but went back to Denby’s :open_mouth: , Rog Bonnick was on Widdo’s but was in a syndicate that won the lottery so he retired, a lad i know’s Dad was on for Hercocks, his last names Webb, can’t remember his 1st name.

glynn50:
Hi All
just found another photo of my dads truck BAY 634 T somewhere in ITALY.Heard Dave Bright has been very ill but from what i hear is now making a recovery last seen him at my dads funeral.
cheers Glynn.

Hi Glynn 50 remember your dad very well sorry to hear he’s passed on, allways had his hair cut with his hat on!,thats the problem after all these years a lot of the lads have passed away so sad,i hope Dave Bright makes a full recovery will you pass my regards on to him and wish him a full recovery cheers Glynn.

gunnerheskey:

Rog Collins:

hanson:

Hi Rog & Hanson, i had a night out with Mick Hamilton-Parkes a few months back, and he told a funny story regarding the then young Ian Anderson needing a cb name for himself, so another driver suggested " Sherman Tanker ", and the wet behind the ears Ian used it for a bit til he realised what it rhymed with. Saw Ian a while back and reminded him of this, was quite funny watching him cringe … :laughing:

Hi Gunner,Hanson and all it would be great if we could sort out a meet up with all the drivers,garage lads and any Hercock people still about,i reckon we would have a good old meet up,so i think anybody from the old firm should make contact and we can sort it out,come don’t just read it make contact and lets get together!Cheers all

Rog Collins:

gunnerheskey:

Rog Collins:

hanson:

Hi Gunner,Hanson and all it would be great if we could sort out a meet up with all the drivers,garage lads and any Hercock people still about,i reckon we would have a good old meet up,so i think anybody from the old firm should make contact and we can sort it out,come don’t just read it make contact and lets get together!Cheers all

Sorry about my little rant just fell out the pub!

nice and i would come along but how do we find everyone all what i know is abour rumour the only ones i know of is your self graeme furniss paul warner after that im struggling,but thats what the internet is for i guess

hi just found this web page , i drove for hercocks in the 70s . my name is phil morling i used to do continantal & procter gambles along with dave laws who is no longer with us sad to say , i do remember the good bunch of lads that were there at the time we had some good trips all together , i still have my hgv 1 dont use it now , i have a cafe in leicester at the bus station so if any of the lads fancy comming in for tea and a chat it would great to relive the good old days , tommy lacy used to come in to have a chat but sad to say he is no longer with us now . would be nice to here from any of the lads that are still about ,you dont realise what a good job it was at the time so many storys to tell .

morling:
hi just found this web page , i drove for hercocks in the 70s . my name is phil morling i used to do continantal & procter gambles along with dave laws who is no longer with us sad to say , i do remember the good bunch of lads that were there at the time we had some good trips all together , i still have my hgv 1 dont use it now , i have a cafe in leicester at the bus station so if any of the lads fancy comming in for tea and a chat it would great to relive the good old days , tommy lacy used to come in to have a chat but sad to say he is no longer with us now . would be nice to here from any of the lads that are still about ,you dont realise what a good job it was at the time so many storys to tell .

hi phil welcome to this chat we are having you will have to dig some of your old photos out,you must remember me then nigel king roger kings lad (passed away) last time i seen you was at a car boot. i bet some of them pictures bring back memorys phil. me and rog collins are trying to work out how many of the lads are left do you know of any