Hercock Continental

I know this company has been mentioned on here before, but I found these photos whilst looking through an old album. Sorry about the quality of the photography but I was only 12 when I took them in about 1982. I used to hang around Hercocks yard in Edmonton after school and on a Saturday hoping to get a look at some of their Scanias. I remember helping Johnny Whitbread wash his lorry a couple of times, he was a really decent bloke always joking. I have included a photo of a family friend who was an owner driver called Ben Chelton who subbed for a company Johnsons Cargo who were based on the same industrial estate in Edmonton. This was his Transcontinental.

Fantastic photos there Smiffy! Used to run with the Hercock boys up & down to Italy in the early 90’s. Johny Whitbread was a star- not many people didn’t know him, he used to wind up guys on the CB with his bad fake Italian accent calling himself
Geovanni Biancopannini! i do believe he is still going strong up in Dovercourt somewhere!
Alfie Coske & Dave Coop were 2 other drivers from the time you took them photos

Great pictures, thanks. :slight_smile:

Great pics smiffy123, i used to, and still do know a lot of the Leicester Hercock lads, but the more pics the merrier. :laughing:

JUST SEEN PHOTO OF MY OLD SCANIA 142 XHK 587 , I WAS ONE OF THE ORIGINAL FOUR TO START IN LONDON .
NOW OWNER DRIVER HAVE BLUE/RED SCANIA 580 ON CONTRACT TO INTERBULK (UBC)
REGARDS ALAN HAYDON.

Old 111 at Scania’s old place in Brimsdown

I did my school work experience at Scantruck Brimsdown!

Ronnie Fielding bought XHK 587X.

I had it for a short while.

Dazzler:

Wow! That’s a name from the past. Please say hullo from me :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

Archie Paice:

Dazzler:

Wow! That’s a name from the past. Please say hullo from me :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

Ronnie sold Fieldings in '96 when he retired. He pops in now and then as his son Tony still runs it but as I no longer work for them (only occasionaly sub for them) I never see him.

My brother Andy (Jacko 22) may bump into him now and again. I’l get him to say ‘Hello’

Smiffy123:
I know this company has been mentioned on here before, but I found these photos whilst looking through an old album. Sorry about the quality of the photography but I was only 12 when I took them in about 1982. I used to hang around Hercocks yard in Edmonton after school and on a Saturday hoping to get a look at some of their Scanias. I remember helping Johnny Whitbread wash his lorry a couple of times, he was a really decent bloke always joking. I have included a photo of a family friend who was an owner driver called Ben Chelton who subbed for a company Johnsons Cargo who were based on the same industrial estate in Edmonton. This was his Transcontinental.

I use to own NME7R when she was new, I swapped it for an F10, do you know if it still about ?

NME 7R was owned by Ben Chelton an owner driver who subbed for Johnson Cargo in Edmonton.
He did groupage to France for them. I think if memory serves me correct, she burnt out with a wiring fault in France or on the way to France. This was the last artic he owned.
He decided to go onto smaller stuff (7.5 tonners) and continued to do Europe. Ben was killed in a road accident on the A14 at Huntingdon in the mid 90’s. He was one of the best - taught me loads.
I’ve scanned another couple of pictures of the Transcon. Look closely and I’m in the drivers seat aged about 12 !!!

[attachment=1]NME7R.jpg

[attachment=0]NME 7R.jpg

I had 2 Transcon’s NME7R was nearly new when I bought it and I had it along with VAY707S from Federated Transport, both were no problem at all I drove 7R myself most of the time going all over Europe and 2 middle east trips, mainly France Spain and Swiss. I swapped them both for an F10 and a F12. This picture of 7R was on return from France