head burst.!!!

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:
Many things make being a professional driver in this country an absolute headache. Poor planning,poor lane discipline, matrix signs saying there’s trouble ahead when there isn’t, Sunday drivers 5 days a week,and all the rest of it. It’s a wonder any goods get anywhere. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that I’m hourly paid. As soon as I can afford it I’m spending my twilight years joining Dieseldog across the sea

I could point you to nice NEW 4bed detached houses about 15miles south-east of Belfast for about £100k.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thats real VFM! You couldnt get a rabbit hutch in Londonistan for that…

Big Truck:

Conor:

Nobby_Clarke:
I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.We’ve already decided roughly where we’re going to. If she had her way we’d be gone tomorrow,but reading on here what the wages are like it’ll have to wait a few more years until the piggybank’s a bit heavier.

Why would anyone admire a country where if you’re a lorry driver you are being treated like a mug, worked longer hours than a slave in medieval times for wages which were crap in the 1980s with you taking all the risk and paying the costs if you get caught?

When did you work in NI Connor■■?
There are NIL RETURN 40mph A road truck drivers over here as you’d be run off road.
New 3/4bed houses at £80/100k and rent of same@ £400/450month make up for £8hr or £500 home!!!

a big +1 there bud…
plenty of good cheap property…virtually no fixed cameras…you will get an extra 10 years before your heart attack,or 20 years if you cross the border to live anywhere around donegal etc…

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:
Many things make being a professional driver in this country an absolute headache. Poor planning,poor lane discipline, matrix signs saying there’s trouble ahead when there isn’t, Sunday drivers 5 days a week,and all the rest of it. It’s a wonder any goods get anywhere. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that I’m hourly paid. As soon as I can afford it I’m spending my twilight years joining Dieseldog across the sea

I could point you to nice NEW 4bed detached houses about 15miles south-east of Belfast for about £100k.[emoji41]

She’s mad on motorbikes,so it’ll probably be around the Coleraine/Portstewart/Portrush triangle. 100k doesn’t get you a flat around here.

Anyway, apologies for hijacking Dieseldog’s thread with my semi-retirement plans. Carry on :smiley:

Conor:

Adonis.:
Probably decided not to go the 66 in case he got stuck behind you dawdling along like a fanny. :unamused:

A.

By that you mean doing the legal limit and not taking money out of my own pocket? The difference between doing the legal limit on the SC sections and being on the limiter would add less than 5 minutes from Scotch Corner to Penrith. If 5 minutes is that critical you need to go find a job where your boss isn’t treating you like a clown.

Typical response from a string the job out agency careerist :unamused:

Some of us have boats to catch, get a shift on or get out the way.

A.

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Buckstones:
The AA route planner times and distances given indicate an average of 58 mph direct and 55.6 via Scotch Corner. Obviously these are based on car timings, would you add 50% for trucks or some other factor?

With DD999’s limiter you could probably take at least 25% off those times…and if the ‘must catch the boat’ button is engaged it’ll be at least another -10%…

i just use a car satnav and its usually near enough for times…i got the toll paid for,and to save 11 miles and a few mins,id still prefer 3 lanes to sitting behind some A road plobber…it dont matter what road you would pick in hindsight,as 1 route is as bad as the next in england nowadays.…i tend not to give a toss about satnav sugestions,as even the useless motorway signs were showing long delays,j18–21…i got to 18…then flowed nicely till after 19,so there always bolloxed for usefull info anyway…as soon as you divert,then its speed cameras every mile so its easier to hide up the motorway so long as you can get past the 56 brigade . :slight_smile:

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell, it’s a total gamble.

I’ve seen myself flat out from the south coast to the good side of the border on a Friday going round the 25/M1/M6 and seen myself crawl up the A1 when I thought it would be a better choice.

The best indicator is if it’s after 0530hrs, there’s carnage somewhere :laughing:

A.

Nobby_Clarke:

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:

She’s mad on motorbikes,so it’ll probably be around the Coleraine/Portstewart/Portrush triangle. 100k doesn’t get you a flat around here.

Anyway, apologies for hijacking Dieseldog’s thread with my semi-retirement plans. Carry on :smiley:

The place is called
“Portavogie”
it’s right by the sea and 1KM yes 1KM from Kirkistown racetrack and is on the “Ards Peninsula” which is a Utopia for bikers much similar to Antrim Coast rd and the North Coast!!!

Dundrod Ulster Grand Prix roads are 20mile other side of Belfast.[emoji6]

Just as an aside ref NI,
I have NEVER heard or read in local paper of a trucker being “done” by Police for speeding on any of NI A roads even though our speed limits are still 40mph!!!

The only time it has ever happened is trucker prob doing something stupid like silly overtake or flat out through village etc.

Hey Dog

Irish lifestyle, low stress, extra 10 years on the life. In a wagon it’s all wires and flat out. Stressy panic party. It’ll cancel your Irish benefits out this rate.

Big Truck:
Just as an aside ref NI,
I have NEVER heard or read in local paper of a trucker being “done” by Police for speeding on any of NI A roads even though our speed limits are still 40mph!!!

The only time it has ever happened is trucker prob doing something stupid like silly overtake or flat out through village etc.

Exactly. No real enforced limits and everything keeps moving, more gets done,saves money , saves time, more money in your pocket…

James the cat:
Hey Dog

Irish lifestyle, low stress, extra 10 years on the life. In a wagon it’s all wires and flat out. Stressy panic party. It’ll cancel your Irish benefits out this rate.

its pros and cons…always nice to strike a happy medium…though it didnt work out that way the last time i went to a fortune teller and belted him when he said hello and burst out laughing… :slight_smile:

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:

The place is called
“Portavogie”
it’s right by the sea and 1KM yes 1KM from Kirkistown racetrack and is on the “Ards Peninsula” which is a Utopia for bikers much similar to Antrim Coast rd and the North Coast!!!

Best Scampi in the whole world comes from there. And I know the best little place that serves it but resistant to say in case as it’s hard enough getting a table :smiley:

Best Scampi in the whole world comes from there. And I know the best little place that serves it but resistant to say in case as it’s hard enough getting a table :smiley:
[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not the mourne seafood bar then?

i got a steak sandwich and chips out of there once…i got the sandwich and 6 chips!!!
needless to say after the ensuing uproar.i got another bowl of chips brought to me…was it me,or is 6 chips kicking the balls out of it??

Big Truck:
New 3/4bed houses at £80/100k and rent of same@ £400/450month make up for £8hr or £500 home!!!

The reason those houses are that cheap are:

A) There’s not many jobs.
B) What jobs there are pay bugger all
C) The land they’re built on is dirt cheap because nobody wants to live there.

Lets put it this way. There is no other country anywhere else in the UK where you can get a new build for anywhere near as low as that within 15 miles of that nation’s capital city which kind of puts it into perspective how crap Northern Ireland is.

And no it doesn’t make up for £8/hr especially when there are other places in the UK where housing costs the same and lorry driver wages are at least £2/hr more and you’re not expected to run bent either.

Next time you pass a Howdens Joinery wagon on the A66 thinking how clever you are know that the driver sat in it is on twice as much money as you are and he’s earned almost £20 driving from Scotch Corner to Penrith whereas you’ve not even made a tenner.

dieseldog999:

freightdog:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not the mourne seafood bar then?

i got a steak sandwich and chips out of there once…i got the sandwich and 6 chips!!!
needless to say after the ensuing uproar.i got another bowl of chips brought to me…was it me,or is 6 chips kicking the balls out of it??

Nope. That’s too expensive and fancy for me. Oh all right.

Jamaica Inn :laughing:

Freight Dog:

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:

Big Truck:

Nobby_Clarke:

The place is called
“Portavogie”

“The Quays” right at the harbour!!![emoji41]

One of Geordie Bests favourite drinking spots when he lived not too far away!!![emoji6]

Conor:

Big Truck:

Lets put it this way. There is no other country anywhere else in the UK where you can get a new build for anywhere near as low as that within 15 miles of that nation’s capital city which kind of puts it into perspective how crap Northern Ireland is.

And no it doesn’t make up for £8/hr especially when there are other places in the UK where housing costs the same and lorry driver wages are at least £2/hr more and you’re not expected to run bent either.

Next time you pass a Howdens Joinery wagon on the A66 thinking how clever you are know that the driver sat in it is on twice as much money as you are and he’s earned almost £20 driving from Scotch Corner to Penrith whereas you’ve not even made a tenner.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TOTAL AND UTTER PISH.
have you been taking your ritalin again tonight conor■■?
i for one would gladly pay £10 per hour NOT to be having to sit in a howdens joinery wagon on the 66.
northern ireland has similar spectacular scenery to west coast scotland.little traffic and its mostly a doddle to drive anywhere.
there is and has been for years a constant exodus of english and scottish moving over here both north and eire to escape the tsunami of vermin/undesirables flooding into the uk mainland as a whole (myself included) ,and moreso since they knocked down the berlin wall.( whoever decided that was a good idea should be dangled by the clakkerbags untill they cheered up).
if your a truckie,then theres masses of minging £70 quid a day jobs,but theres also some good legal well paid 6-7 a week takehome if you want them also…
if london was so great to live in and work in,then there wouldnt be people moving away from the rat race where your already a victim of white genocide.
now take another pill,go and lie down and keep repeating these words from the pic till you lapse unconsciousness again…

images.jpg

Conor:

Big Truck:

You talk some ballicks Connor!!!

I somehow doubt your on £1250 take home/week for 5shifts!!!

I’ve said it before:
There are NO Lutons/Bradfords or Leicesters in NI and the country is all the better for it!!!

Conor:

Big Truck:

I think the last Howdens motor I passed was on its ribs in a field next to the A70 because the super-duper agency halfwit couldn’t keep to the black bit.

You really do spout some cack :unamused:

A.

I dont know the company Howdens Joinery but have the image of poverty spec day cab with hi vis wearing driver plobbing at 40…■■

Conor:

Big Truck:

I work from London. Great place to visit as a tourist, but anything else a right mess these days. Look, this is for the point of what you’re saying and not anything else but I am very lucky to be paid well on a national level according to these table things that do the rounds. But I couldn’t afford a tiny home I’d want to live in, in a decent safe area in “the capital” and I’m not a materialist. I’m talking a little house.