DAILY RANT.

Why do we get a bad name and poor press ■■. Because of one or two idiots amongst our ranks…
While travelling northbound on the A1 at Leeming this morning through the roadworks at about 5am . I had cruise control set at 49 mph because there are loads of signs and cameras limiting traffic to 50 mph AND also a 6ft 6 inch width restriction in lane 2… everybody sitting in convoy , quite happy to go with the flow… EXCEPT for the orange Volvo in Manfreight colours pulling a Norfolk Line trailer… How the hell he managed to squeeze past me and the next 3 or 4 artics without touching anything is beyond my understanding… at the end of the roadworks he was only about 30 seconds in front of me… i just hope he finds a nice field somewhere between Scotch Corner and Stranraer… thats it, rant over

There’s a very obvious “problem” with the above post, but I’ll let someone else do the ranting for a change.

FAO Scottishcruiser :laughing: :laughing:

Good on him. Obviously a very skilled driver to get through the gap. Good man

Your have set your cruise at around 3 miles an hour below the limit, yeah I know what you said the speedo is indicating but that is irrelevant, and 8 - 10 miles an hour less than the speed which will trigger the cameras and you then complain because people want to get on instead of dawdle like you? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Waits for the inevitable “It’s a limit not a target” post. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Your have set your cruise at around 3 miles an hour below the limit, yeah I know what you said the speedo is indicating but that is irrelevant, and 8 - 10 miles an hour less than the speed which will trigger the cameras and you then complain because people want to get on instead of dawdle like you? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Waits for the inevitable “It’s a limit not a target” post. :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You forgot to mention the ‘so-called professional drivers’, the children, and what the public think.

oh and ‘this is why I don’t come on this site anymore’.

:laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

switchlogic:
Good on him. Obviously a very skilled driver to get through the gap. Good man

Lol quality!

I kind of get what your saying but perharps he was running out of hours, perharps he was late, perharps the planners were on his back to get a move on…

“It’s a limit not a target”

There ya go Mr Holic, just for you :laughing:

switchlogic:

sod that, im thinking about the hanging meat and steel the manfrieght driver has onboard

DadsRetired:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

try telling the examiner that on your driving test when your doing 25 in a 30.

Coffeeholic said… ‘‘and 8 - 10 miles an hour less than the speed which will trigger the cameras’’

Can you guarantee that Coffee?, cos for one I aint prepared to take the chance.

switchlogic:

Some people just CANT STAND being overtaken. !!! :unamused: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Toujours a Vacances !

What about the 6"6’ width restriction do you think it’s clever to break the law. putting other drivers at risk coz he’s ■■■■ at managing his hours or don’t know how to handle a Planner. there’s a nice big ditch to tip you over in when you gets too close and you have to swerve.
Think most people may have second thoughts if they saw the accident this morning northbound on the a1 between 46 - 47 car was unrecogniseable probly the most mangled iv ever seen a car.

DadsRetired:

Cheers mate. :wink:

billybigrig:

switchlogic:

Good work that’s exactly who I was quoting!!

raymundo:
Coffeeholic said… ‘‘and 8 - 10 miles an hour less than the speed which will trigger the cameras’’

Can you guarantee that Coffee?, cos for one I aint prepared to take the chance.

Yeah, pretty much.

Where possible I go through all those average speed things on the limiter, an indicated 56, and do around that speed in the car and never had a ticket. Same thing for my various co drivers on my current run. If they set them too low they would struggle to deal with the number of tickets it would produce.

This average 50mph thing has led to a new phenomonem. Drivers are now slowing to 50 in sections with cones out when there is no lower limit posted. Just a line of cones, no work going on, no signs but down to 50, or less, they go.

I used to go through at 50, then after a couple of weeks I thought “a little more won’t hurt” so set it at 53, couple of weeks later I got bored of that and just said bollox to it. Flat out 56 from Newport pagnell down to Luton, never had a ticket but as others have said 56 ain’t 56 it’s 54 on my unit :wink: I normally go through about 4am. Doubt I would go into 6ft 6 wide restriction though… That’s living life on the edge :stuck_out_tongue: