DAILY RANT.

raymundo:
Coffeeholic said… ‘‘and 8 - 10 miles an hour less than the speed which will trigger the cameras’’

Can you guarantee that Coffee?, cos for one I aint prepared to take the chance.

I delivered the cameras for the roadworks on the M18 a few months back to the guys who were installing them (redspeed-int.com/) and asked what the threshold was before you get a ticket and in a 50 zone your ok upto 57mph.

If the sign says 50, then I do 50, but I do 50 on the sat nav, which, tbh, my speedo is very close to, 51 - 1 click shows 50 on the cruise and 50 on the sat nav, but if I go upto 50 on the cruise it’s 49 on the sat nav.

It gives me a little lee-way if I got caught on an over-run, I know I won’t get a ticket going faster, but also won’t save bugger all in time either, just relax people, they’re trucks not F1 cars :smiley:

My old lorry used to do 93km/h (about 58-59 mph depending on hills). Never been done by any average speed camera. Noticed lots of other lorry drivers drop to 45mph through the M25 and M1 works recently. No cars holding them up.

waynedl:
but also won’t save bugger all in time either, :smiley:

Over ten hours driving it can make a big difference. In my old fast lorry by the end of a max hour shift I could be 30-40km ahead compared to where I get with my current normal speed lorry. Makes the difference between having to have a night out or not.

If i’m not in a hurry, i’ll chill and do 50 but have been through on the limiter in the m1 roadworks if i’m in a hurry. I agree it’s a bit tight in those ones on the A1 but if he didn’t touch you then let him get on with it if he’s mad for it just be thankful you haven’t got a job where you need to chase your arse off all day, i’ve overtaken the odd mimser on that stretch, some of it is narrow but most of it is alright.

Coffeeholic:

raymundo:
This average 50mph thing has led to a new phenomonem. Drivers are now slowing to 50 in sections with cones out when there is no lower limit posted. Just a line of cones, no work going on, no signs but down to 50, or less, they go.

Yeah i’ve noticed this also.

I always catch someone up on the A1 - never encroach into the 6’6" width restriction though.

Usually sit 2" off the car bumper in front…joke!

spectron:
What about the 6"6’ width restriction do you think it’s clever to break the law. putting other drivers at risk coz he’s [zb] at managing his hours or don’t know how to handle a Planner. there’s a nice big ditch to tip you over in when you gets too close and you have to swerve.
Think most people may have second thoughts if they saw the accident this morning northbound on the a1 between 46 - 47 car was unrecogniseable probly the most mangled iv ever seen a car.

This one? news.sky.com/home/article/16073800

:confused: I don’t see the problem here

ps, I liked how you name the truck & trailer & make & color. Why don’t you call up his boss and tell him.

Gates:
:? I don’t see the problem here

ps, I liked how you name the truck & trailer & make & color. Why don’t you call up his boss and tell him.

lol

it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, i only do 51 anyway, i get better fuel figures that way :sunglasses: