Another rant...

So, trumbly up the M1 last night, 5 matrix along j21 all going on about the j24 closed and nowt else…

So, keeps going, gets to j25 to see the m18 north j32 is closed, what a bummer!

That’s an extra 8 minutes on my 4:20 run. Doh!

Why not have that on one of the matrix at j21 so at least I can consider the option of going up the a46!

Come on you lot sitting on your arses in the control room, get your act together!

I seriously think these are done purposely, the times I have passed a junction/split only to be informed of a closure after happens far too often for it to be accidental :unamused:

Not having a go at you Steve, but why does your boss put you in for 4.20 when he knows that only gives you 10 min’s leeway with the roads being so unpredictable ? We all know a motor earns nothing when it’s stood idle, but common sense should start in the office.

I’m not defending these moronic signs cos I’ve been caught out too while we’ve been there on holidays, but in a car with no hours restrictions.

…No different from all the times you drive around the M25 heading for Dartford Tunnel - only to be told it’s 15’9" headroom - after you get to the final approach J2 onwards bit.

It would have been nice to know as I came up the A21, and could have gone around Anticlockwise instead to my hemel hempstead destination in my 16’er or whatever. :imp:

Winseer:
…No different from all the times you drive around the M25 heading for Dartford Tunnel - only to be told it’s 15’9" headroom - after you get to the final approach J2 onwards bit.

It would have been nice to know as I came up the A21, and could have gone around Anticlockwise instead to my hemel hempstead destination in my 16’er or whatever. :imp:

Isn’t the right hand tunnel higher any more?..thats where they always sent me if i set the alarms off, been through at 16’ countless times.

Is this happening because we’ve been moaning about stupid matrix warnings ,heading out of hull and it’s telling you m5 jct 23 ( or whatever shut) ,heading down m1 ( leicester ) and it’s telling you m6 jct ( whatever,Carlisle ) long delays ,now I know it might help the odd driver but most think wtf .
So have they decided not to put so much info up,only problem is there now not putting up what we need ,m20,m25, m11, a14 shut ,if they’d warned me on m20, m25 I’d of come up a1 .

Juddian:

Winseer:

Isn’t the right hand tunnel higher any more?..thats where they always sent me if i set the alarms off, been through at 16’ countless times.

Ive seen plenty of d/d turned round at tolls ,I always assumed for height ,