Have you been trained?

robroy:
Nothing wrong with being trained properly, but this job has gone to the exact opposite extreme to when I started.

You were just chucked in at the deep end with everything, handed the keys and were expected to learn by yourself by asking and watching.

For example imagine being sent away now with an empty flat trailer to load it up, with 3 sheets on the back folded up, and be expected to load and sheet it up properly.
I was lucky as I had been on trips out with my Dad as a kid,.and with mates when older, so I had a fair idea how to apply 2 30 x 20 sheets, rope up properly, and fit a drip on top.
I still think that despite the guidance it kind of made you a better driver in a way,… but only imo.
Where as nowadays it isn’t so much training, it’s more like a spoon fed idiot’s guide to everything and every step taught to you as if you were some helpless ■■■■■■…
I reckon a happy medium is called for.

The problem is most places don’t allow kids these days so not allowed to take so they don’t learn that way like you & a lot of others did & all this health & safety has gone a bit daft but then who is to blame for all this part is down to drivers part is down to the blame culture we now live in nobody willing to take responsibility for there own actions when they make a mistake

We do need to get a happy medium totally agree

animal:

robroy:
Nothing wrong with being trained properly, but this job has gone to the exact opposite extreme to when I started.

You were just chucked in at the deep end with everything, handed the keys and were expected to learn by yourself by asking and watching.

For example imagine being sent away now with an empty flat trailer to load it up, with 3 sheets on the back folded up, and be expected to load and sheet it up properly.
I was lucky as I had been on trips out with my Dad as a kid,.and with mates when older, so I had a fair idea how to apply 2 30 x 20 sheets, rope up properly, and fit a drip on top.
I still think that despite the guidance it kind of made you a better driver in a way,… but only imo.
Where as nowadays it isn’t so much training, it’s more like a spoon fed idiot’s guide to everything and every step taught to you as if you were some helpless ■■■■■■…
I reckon a happy medium is called for.

The problem is most places don’t allow kids these days so not allowed to take so they don’t learn that way like you & a lot of others did & all this health & safety has gone a bit daft but then who is to blame for all this part is down to drivers part is down to the blame culture we now live in nobody willing to take responsibility for there own actions when they make a mistake

We do need to get a happy medium totally agree

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that brings back terrible memories for me.
ithe last time i was in blackpool i went in to get my fortune told and the guy burst out laughing after i sat down so i belted him across the tent.
i ended up in court the next morning after being charged with…striking a happy medium…sorry,i sometimes cant help meself :cry:

In my last job I had to be trained on how to use a chair. It was an office job and all of us had been sat on these dangerous life changing chairs for the last 3 days before we had had the training.

I did ask if I needed training to sit on the toilet, to be told if I needed help with that then my parents have a lot to answer for. I just shook my head at the irony [emoji849]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Unlike 90% of my brethren truckers I was toilet trained therefore I don’t feel the need to ■■■■ against the wheel and then walk into the services for a big mac and a coffee, I’ll go to the toilet in the services all la de da like.

robroy:

Juddian:
Any place who calls the handing in of paperwork at the end of a shift a ‘debrief’ :unamused: deserve all the ■■■■ taking sarcasm one can muster.
Usually involving lengthy descriptions of parachuting onto rooftops, blowing the windows in with charges then abseiling through firing from the hip killing all terrorists,

:laughing: :laughing: It always amuses me that also…, ‘‘Debrief’’ ffs :unamused: .

Ok, If you’ve just returned in a Lancaster bomber after a bombing mission over Hamburg, you go through a debriefing.
If you pull into a yard after a shift delivering your bog rolls or whatever, you ‘‘Hand in your notes’’ :bulb:
Keep it real for Christ’s sake.

:laughing: LOL