Hauliers from around Lancaster & Surrounding area's

Stanfield:
0Was this one of yours Dennis?

If you could put lipstick on a pig. I’d still rather have a Scania 80/81, than the equivalent British Tin Can

Stanfield:
Was this one of yours Dennis?

Yes John it certainly was ! It was one of a brace of Long wheelbase 81’s I bought in late '80 ( IIRC) that were fitted with Trinity sleeper cab extensions.
Nice pair of units as they had a decent sleeper cab which was a match for the factory built offerings and cheaper ! great fleet motors !
This is a shot of one of the two just arrived into the yard and the second shot is the day I had been to the local Quarry weighbridge for a weight for licencing at first registration.

I wonder where that shot was taken obviously after I had sold them on and they had been stripped of their Bewick livery ?-

Looks like it was bought by a Manx company Dennis

I posted (in 2017) some info about my father’s (R.H Lambert) trucking business in Silverdale in the post years to the 60’s. He always kept up a keen interest in trucks and trucking although living and retiring in Australia for many years. Sadly dad died in November last year 10 days short of 100.

Has anyone any photos of these hauliers from in and around the Lancaster/Morecambe area.
Malcolm Woodhouse --Lancaster
Ernie Kidds --Lancaster
S J Bargh —Caton
Mick Gory & Son --Morecambe
Ernie Moores --Nether Kellet
Chippendales—
Norman Billington --Heysham
F.Edmonsons & Sons–Morecambe
Transmore–Carnforth

yes ile dig some out this weekend

Stanfield:
Has anyone any photos of these hauliers from in and around the Lancaster/Morecambe area.
Ernie Kidds --Lancaster
S J Bargh —Caton
Chippendales—
Transmore–Carnforth

Here’s one to start you off:

S.J.Bargh has a lot of trailers,all flats,parked at Heysham harbour near the IOM Steam Packet stage.

Cheers lads keep them coming.
Bob lad I had forgotten about Pyes, and also Pelters which has also been mentioned.2 good pics of M.Woodhouse + the one of Pyes thanks.
240Gardener great pic of Malcolm Woodhouse SED ATKI that looks as if it could have been taken at his old depot which backed onto the river lune which you could see when entering morecambe.He had a new depot built next door to Kidds just on Caton road near M6 I think its jun 32.

Stanfield:
Ernie Kidds --Lancaster
S J Bargh —Caton
Chippendales—
Transmore–Carnforth

And one of Chippendale’s for you:

Stanfield:
Cheers lads keep them coming.
Bob lad I had forgotten about Pyes, and also Pelters which has also been mentioned.2 good pics of M.Woodhouse + the one of Pyes thanks.
240Gardener great pic of Malcolm Woodhouse SED ATKI that looks as if it could have been taken at his old depot which backed onto the river lune which you could see when entering morecambe.He had a new depot built next door to Kidds just on Caton road near M6 I think its jun 32.

I remember Malcolm Woodhouse’s old depot, why does he used the name Lancaster Transport on some of his vehicles.

Hi georgeking
I not certain but I think he had something to do with HGV training when he was at the side of the river lune and this was the name it went under,someone correct me if I am wrong :confused:
Thanks for the chippie photo 240gardener do you mind if I copy your photos into my own album? for my use only :neutral_face:

Stanfield:
Thanks for the chippie photo 240gardener do you mind if I copy your photos into my own album? for my use only :neutral_face:

Please feel free!

But only on condition that you spell ny name correctly! :wink:

Cheers 240 Gardner. sorry about the spelling :blush:

anyone have any of russell cargo services from garstang/heysham ?