Hauliers from around Lancaster & Surrounding area's

Found on net ,anyone recognize any of these lads.

Stanfield:

Yea! the geezer third from the left was called Harry Kaye who was the “manager” of the operation. I have posted my opinion of the RTITB shower on a previous post and if anyone was a prime example of the whole rotten edifice that was the RTITB and the “parasite” Training Associations that sprang up around the UK well Lancaster & District were a truly prime example ! What a ■■■■■■■ shower they all were and they all came about as a result of the , then, Labour Government that had got into power ! Lets hope Corbyn and his Marxists cronies are kept well away from No. 10 ! Cheers Bewick.

Dan that Sudden Accident in your picture the green one Furness hails from down our end, they were based in New Milton near Christchurch, cheers Buzzer

A. J. A. Smith, Cross and Blackwell squadron. ERF day cab. 240 Percy Heaton 2 speed. 5 Clitheroes to Coatbridge a week and 1 on Saturday morning for good measure.
THE LEGEND THAT WAS DRIVER HOLGATE :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Lance Biscomb:
A. J. A. Smith, Cross and Blackwell squadron. ERF day cab. 240 Percy Heaton 2 speed. 5 Clitheroes to Coatbridge a week and 1 on Saturday morning for good measure.
THE LEGEND THAT WAS DRIVER HOLGATE :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That sounds like our job out of Buxton Lance , 5 Llanellis a week and a quick Llanwern on Saturday . Hard work but the money was good , 20% of earnings and no con tricks because we knew the rates . Happier times when hard work was appreciated .

Bewick:

Stanfield:

Yea! the geezer third from the left was called Harry Kaye who was the “manager” of the operation. I have posted my opinion of the RTITB shower on a previous post and if anyone was a prime example of the whole rotten edifice that was the RTITB and the “parasite” Training Associations that sprang up around the UK well Lancaster & District were a truly prime example ! What a [zb] shower they all were and they all came about as a result of the , then, Labour Government that had got into power ! Lets hope Corbyn and his Marxists cronies are kept well away from No. 10 ! Cheers Bewick.

Howarths Bros of Ingleton finest went there down on the quay at Lancaster. That photo was after i went in 1971
Harry was there then i trained on a 8 wheel foden 12 speed also sometimes loaded with concrete weights.
Still have proof of 2 weeks holiday!.

Cheers Malc.

CZC00186-20.jpg

HI, MR B ,WELL SAID ABOUT THE RTITB YOU HAD TO PAY WETHER YOU USED THEM OR NOT A MONEY MAKING RACKET , CHEERS BARRY

Woodhouse

McWilliam:
Woodhouse

That is a Sed/Atk Company publicity shot taken further along from the MW depot on the side of the Lune river in Lancaster. Malcolm Woodhouse Snr was at the wheel and IIRC it was a RR engined unit coupled to a trailer of Lancaster Transport Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of the MW group IIRC the unit was sold shortly after and never figured in the 100% Gardner fleet of the Woodhouse Group !Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

McWilliam:
Woodhouse

That is a Sed/Atk Company publicity shot taken further along from the MW depot on the side of the Lune river in Lancaster. Malcolm Woodhouse Snr was at the wheel and IIRC it was a RR engined unit coupled to a trailer of Lancaster Transport Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of the MW group IIRC the unit was sold shortly after and never figured in the 100% Gardner fleet of the Woodhouse Group !Cheers Bewick.

Bewick, your knowledge on these matters is nearly as good as the Cattleman Mackereth, you’ve probably been taught by the master himself!

Apparently Mrs Woodhouse was the driver of an 8 wheel tipper.

McWilliam:

Bewick:

McWilliam:
Woodhouse

Bewick, your knowledge on these matters is nearly as good as the Cattleman Mackereth, you’ve probably been taught by the master himself!

I’ve no idea where you got this Gem from McW. but to the best of my knowledge the late Muriel Woodhouse never ever drove an 8 wheeler and as I knew Muriel I could never in a month of Sundays imagine this rumour being fact ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

McWilliam:

Bewick:

McWilliam:
Woodhouse

I’ve no idea where you got this Gem from McW. but to the best of my knowledge the late Muriel Woodhouse never ever drove an 8 wheeler and as I knew Muriel I could never in a month of Sundays imagine this rumour being fact ! Cheers Dennis.

Mrs Woodhouse sounds like my type of lady; no make up, no fancy lipstick and no spending all day filing her nails. Instead overalls on, behind the wheel of an 8 wheel tipper or working with a toolbox full of spanners.

Spotted in Barrow in Furness Tuesday 15th March

malc step:

Bewick:

Stanfield:

Yea! the geezer third from the left was called Harry Kaye who was the “manager” of the operation. I have posted my opinion of the RTITB shower on a previous post and if anyone was a prime example of the whole rotten edifice that was the RTITB and the “parasite” Training Associations that sprang up around the UK well Lancaster & District were a truly prime example ! What a [zb] shower they all were and they all came about as a result of the , then, Labour Government that had got into power ! Lets hope Corbyn and his Marxists cronies are kept well away from No. 10 ! Cheers Bewick.

Howarths Bros of Ingleton finest went there down on the quay at Lancaster. That photo was after i went in 1971
Harry was there then i trained on a 8 wheel foden 12 speed also sometimes loaded with concrete weights.
Still have proof of 2 weeks holiday!.

Cheers Malc.

Blimey, that’s brought back some memories! In the 70’s when I was 6 my neighbour in Warton, nr Carnforth used to take me on trips in his Scania 110, and on one trip in digs he gave me one of these badges. I managed to keep it until a few years ago when it went missing sadly, and I’ve been searching for a replacement ever since. Lovely to see a picture of one again, brings it all back.

Stanfield:
Spotted in Barrow in Furness Tuesday 15th March

Scammell Michelotti cab in Barrow now that brings back memories when I worked for Bradys as they ran 3 Handyman units all with Gardner 150 LX engines and one Routeman 8 wheeler liveried Furness Transport Ltd. again with the 150LX engine. Cheers Bewick.

We may have had these on here before (apologies if so) they are not my photos but no harm in showing them again.

Bewick.jpg

Stanfield:
We may have had these on here before (apologies if so) they are not my photos but no harm in showing them again.

The ERF was one of a batch of three I bought in 1982 one of the other units went onto the Henry Cooke contract and the third one stood in the depot and went on the general fleet in September 82 Y reg’d. The F10 had the 8 speed box and did an adequate job it is shot here in the depot loaded with 22 ton of cellulose pulp en route from Portbury to BCL Sandscale works Barrow in Furness a seam of traffic we hauled for many years as subbies to TDG group firm Western Transport . I got to know Mike Timms the MD and his Ops Manager Tony Maggs fairly well during the time we ran the job.
The Sed Atk is one of a pair and they were the last UK built units I bought at Bewick Transport in 1984 this one was plated at 38 ton and is loaded with reclaimed Solvant for Solrec at Heysham. It’s sister unit was plated at 32 ton.

wagons 017.tif (1.55 MB)
Same F10 on it’s side at Droitwich similar load 22ton of pulp ex Portbury to Barrow !
Not my pic so I don’t know why it won’t post out of my file ! Anyway a mobile crane picked the pulp up and loaded it another of our F10’s ! :blush: :unamused:

Was this one of yours Dennis?