Carnwell uk scania 142

this truck belongs to my boss its been in the family since it was 6 months old when it was reposessed from its first owner.my boss,s uncle who bought it way back when ran to iran with it and before he packed in it was on french work.its got full history was painted 5 years ago and put into storage 2 years ago i took these pics today and in june im taking it to the classic show at gaydon.anyone know the truck or has pics of its working life the name on the headboard was the company name back then

Thats one of the nicest looking 142’s ive seen for a long time, loverly, no silly light bars, no over the top stainless, just a nice factory fresh looking 42. Thats gonna turn a few heads at Gaydon, very nice mate, dont do a thing to her, shes lovely. :wink: P.s, see you at Gaydon!

What an excellent restoration of that 142…I know this is nothing to do with this lorry but heres its sister but only a 112,this one also once wore the colours of John Marsh of Faversham…just an observation but C25 has a headboard and roofrack just like C28,so they may have been on the same fleet at one time. :laughing:

Hope this is of interest.

Cheers Marc. :wink:

cheers marc i,ll show that pic to my boss :wink:
straight eight i,ll be there both days mate so come and say hello :wink:

Nice looking truck. I am also going to Gaydon with my D reg. Scania 142.

Would that be Sid Carnwell that run from Alton,Staff,s.
Dave.

dave its definatly carnwell from alton staffs not sure on the first name tho my boss is terry swinson who married ruth carnwell and the 142 belongs to there son danny.

took out the old interior today

danny put the ladder on last night

that 142 looks nice good work fella :smiley:

cheers lug :wink:
a question i hope someone can answer.this truck went staight from work into storage its never been restored just resprayed.now weve got some genuine scania hella spots for the bumper but they dont fit so is the bumper off a 3 series the truck did have a bump in its working life but were not in contact with danny,s uncle so cant ask.the interior has beige walls, roof,and back wall but the carpet on the engine cover is blue so are the door panels, seats and bunk was this all fitted in the 142 or are the blue interior bits 143 parts.
cheers

My 1986 142 has a blue engine hump carpet and seats like yours.

The bumper on mine has more bolt heads visable for fixing than the four on yours.

My 1986 142 has a blue engine hump carpet and seats like yours.

The bumper on mine has more boltsheads visable for fixing than the four on yours.

cheers for the info mate.ive trawled the web for 142 pics and that bumper looks like its a 3 series part

I’ve checked some brochures I have, one shows D reg 2 series with the extra bolts like mine the other which appears older shows the four bolts yours has.

If you pm me an email address I can send you a pic of my truck, not sure what other differances there are in the bumpers.

I put a new one on last year from Swedish truck parts but it was the same type as what came off.

Also look at the X reg 142 picture on the last page of ‘Essex boys’ thread in this forum, I think the truck was new when taken and has your type bumper fitted.
Neil.

The J-plate 113 we had on Stacey Contracts had an 8-bolt bumper!, this is not making much sense is it lads? :laughing:. As for the interiors, 2 series Scanias did have the blue trim for a while, and i think they had a light grey plastic roof lining, well, that was the colour of it in a 92 six-wheeler my mate owned for a while. regards, Chris :wink:

As for the interiors, 2 series Scanias did have the blue trim for a while,

cheers for that info chris :wink:

carl is the 142 goin to be at truckfest mate :question: i hope so i’d like to get a look at it :smiley:

sorry lug it wont be making truckfest mate altho it will be at gaydon and hopefully uttoxeter in july and the show n shine at the truck racing at donnington park.

thats a great lookin 142 just the way they should be
no bling just right

as far as i know the bumber and the interior is the right ones

GOOD LUCK with it carl

ITS A CRACKING LOOK TRUCK FOR ITS AGE
CAN’T WAIT TO SEE MORE PICTURES

Carl:
cheers lug :wink:
a question i hope someone can answer.this truck went staight from work into storage its never been restored just resprayed.now weve got some genuine scania hella spots for the bumper but they dont fit so is the bumper off a 3 series the truck did have a bump in its working life but were not in contact with danny,s uncle so cant ask.the interior has beige walls, roof,and back wall but the carpet on the engine cover is blue so are the door panels, seats and bunk was this all fitted in the 142 or are the blue interior bits 143 parts.
cheers

the bumper looks right for that age scania. Dad had a y reg scania 82 and a c reg 112 with that bumper. the e reg scania 92 had a different bumper.
Early 2 series scanias had the brown interior and later ones had the blue.I remember a b reg 112 with the blue interior so yours should be blue. They wouldnt be 143 parts they were grey inside.
Im coming to Gaydon will look for you that looks great.