Carnwell uk scania 142

non original lights got genuine ones to fit we,ll be replacing rear drums and fitting double wheels on the lift axle

dan washing the dust and preserving wax off after she came outta storage saturday

the bumper no matter how we try we cant get the scania spots to fit right bloody thing

A wee bit of history, In the 60’s Carnwell had the contract to deliver JCB’s from Rocester (JCB’s only Plant then) all over the UK, The Skids, Engine,Gearbox,Diff. were supplied from British Leyland, Bathgate. or from Fords at Dagenham.

This was the Backloads for Carnwell vehicle’s to Rocester.

Dave.

I ACTUALLY HAVE A COUPLE OF THESE MODELS IN 1/24 SCALE TO DO UP.

dave your spot on terry,s looking for some photos of the carnwell fleet

carl have you got hella 210 spots? or 220 jumbos 210 were fitted and not 220, just in case :wink: as obv 220 wont fit inside the frame of the bumper
just one more thing cark didnt the 2 series have bosch spots fitted aswell?

daz the spots fit in the hole but the holes drilled in the bumper to hold the spots seems to be wrong mate

Carl i had was a Ereg 142 the lamps bolted to a clamp behind the bumper,

yeah weve got the clamps mate but they dont match up either im at a loss with em

mmmmmmmmmmmh, bloody misstery this one

I can’t help you with any technical questions about Scania’s Carl.

Just thinking that you have fallen on your feet again with the job. I hope it works for you, you can faff about all week in a lorry, then spend your weekends tinkering with big boys toys :smiley:

Hope to see you in Gaydon

what a beautiful “proper” truck carl,i served my apprenticeship working on these(amongst other makes of the same era).nice to see such a well kept example.cheers for the pics and info.

Just thinking that you have fallen on your feet again with the job. I hope it works for you, you can faff about all week in a lorry, then spend your weekends tinkering with big boys toys

your not wrong malc there a good firm to work for

Hope to see you in Gaydon

definatley mate tea or coffee on me :wink:

well the old girl made gaydon but due to the garage that mot,d having her so long and me and dan being so busy we only had time to fit the new roof lining and not tax her so she had to have a lift.it was a great weekend tho and a few folk recognised her so i were happy

went to gaydon sunday. saw her on the way in looking good. would prefer that over the r500 any day.