Hauliers from around Lancaster & Surrounding area's

georgeking:

Stanfield:
Cheers lads keep them coming.
Bob lad I had forgotten about Pyes, and also Pelters which has also been mentioned.2 good pics of M.Woodhouse + the one of Pyes thanks.
240Gardener great pic of Malcolm Woodhouse SED ATKI that looks as if it could have been taken at his old depot which backed onto the river lune which you could see when entering morecambe.He had a new depot built next door to Kidds just on Caton road near M6 I think its jun 32.

I remember Malcolm Woodhouse’s old depot, why does he used the name Lancaster Transport on some of his vehicles.

As far as I know Woodhouses depot is still next to Kidds on Caton Road, off junction 34. I think Lancaster training services was set up by local haulage firms including Woodhouses for HGV training and their office was on the Lune Quays at Lancater.

Spot on trucker blackpool.I could not remember junction number but you are correct in saying he his still there and also about the training company.

Would it be possible to extend the area to incorperate some of the hauliers from the Carnforth area, as there are some long established and respected firms, such as Thursbys and E H Towers and long remembered firms as R O Hodgsons.

Hi trucker-blackpool
No problem mate, by all means put some photo’s and notes on the more the merrier.

Stanfield, good friend of mine Steve Richardson with his restored Atkinson taken in laybye just north of
Broughton traffic lights Sat 10th Sept about 1630 hours. Picture shows Steve returning from yet another
rescue bid carrying Transhield Guy Big J into restoration. regards Big Al

Hi Big Al–Brilliant pictures mate thanks for that.If the Big J looks as good when the restoration is finished it should look rather smart.I remember Norman Billington when he had is yard down at Heysham I worked at Morecambe at the time but passed it every day near enough going to the I.C.I plant.

Sorri bout the quality but most of pictures stuck into photo album.

Cheers for them jackers you have more or less covered them all on my list cheers mate.Transmore at carnforth that was a offshoot from Ernie Moores tippers at Kellet wasn’t it ? ,I remember one of the drivers from there a lad called Brian Holt he was with them from the start after moving from the tippers @ Kellet…Keep em coming, cheers :smiley:
Also the company I worked for used to pull for Solrec during the 70s/80s and then when we closed the depot one of our drivers a lad called Charlie Smith went on for them driving there vehicle.

Stanfield:
Hi Big Al–Brilliant pictures mate thanks for that.If the Big J looks as good when the restoration is finished it should look rather smart.I remember Norman Billington when he had is yard down at Heysham I worked at Morecambe at the time but passed it every day near enough going to the I.C.I plant.

Stanfield by a coincidence Steve’s Atkinson in Billington’s livery, same Lay bye but taken 3 years earlier, 16th June 2006 Preston Trunk Run. I used to own
the Atkinson on the stepframe but sold it on to Stephen Baines of Ingleton. regards Big Al

These two pictures probably taken over 40 years apart, the first one from a photo copy of b/w picture shows left to right
Frank Whalley (Atkinson) Jack Green (Atkinson) Melling Collingson and Bob Sutcliffe on the occasion of delivery of new Atkinson
eight wheeler which young Bob was to drive. The second picture taken a couple of months ago shows Bob’s Seddon Atkinson
eight wheeler with which he delivers building blocks, parked near Woodplumpton. regards Big Al

D.F Scott Atki Borderer taken at Chipping Steam Fair 25th April 2008. regards Big Al

Cracking pictures Big Al,thanks for putting them on,keep them coming.

Hello, Fabulous website recently discovered, really takes you back, forgive me if i am in the wrong place but i am new to this posting thingy,
the photo of the Collinson,s brought back memories as Jack Green was my boss at Ryland Vehicle Group who were the Seddon Atkinson dealers
for Lancashire, Jack emigrated to Australia in the early eighties, does anybody have any contact with him because i would love to make
contact again after many years. Thank You

gandy:
Hello, Fabulous website recently discovered, really takes you back, forgive me if i am in the wrong place but i am new to this posting thingy,
the photo of the Collinson,s brought back memories as Jack Green was my boss at Ryland Vehicle Group who were the Seddon Atkinson dealers
for Lancashire, Jack emigrated to Australia in the early eighties, does anybody have any contact with him because i would love to make
contact again after many years. Thank You

Jack was 70 earlier this year/ i am in contact with his daughter in australia if you forward me your details by email i will forward them to her.
My email link is below my avator somewhere on the side bar, regards Big Al

Hello,
Re the Woodhouse Seddon Atkinson 400, i actually delivered it new, if memory serves it was one of, if not the first , Rolls 265L
engined 400,s sold. It was the old yard backing onto the Lune.

Re the Thursby 400,s / 401,s where did they buy them from ? because it was not through Ryland Warrington or Preston as i remember.

gandy:
Hello,
Re the Woodhouse Seddon Atkinson 400, i actually delivered it new, if memory serves it was one of, if not the first , Rolls 265L

Re the Thursby 400,s / 401,s where did they buy them from ? because it was not through Ryland Warrington or Preston as i remember.

I had an email from Jack Green today, I sent him the link to this site and he will be joining Trucknet UK along with another friend of his
John Bradley from Victoria who was ex Seddon Atkinson. regards Big Al

Another picture of Steve Richardson’s Atki in Billington livery taken one snowy day at the layby on Shap Summit. I attended a road run
on sunday 18th Oct 2009 starting from Leyland Commercial Museum up the old A6 North to the Truckhaven at Carnforth then cutting
across eastwards to call at Miles Fox’s yard near Gisburn then along the A59 back to Preston. Steve kindly gave me permission to scan
and publish this picture. regards Big Al (I will try and put some on the photo site of the road run)

Big Al:

gandy:
Hello,

I had an email from Jack Green today, I sent him the link to this site and he will be joining Trucknet UK along with another friend of his
John Bradley from Victoria who was ex Seddon Atkinson. regards Big Al

I think my Dad would have known them both, Alan - he worked in the office at Atkinson from 1967 until the day that Seddon closed the doors.

Bizarrely, my GP at our village surgery down here in leafy West Berkshire is the son of Atkinson’s Managing Director!