Handing in notice

I have only handed in one letter(handing in notice) when driving ,this was my first real driving job ,had been there 5+yrs never a warning /late etc…got my class 1 when I was there (I paid for it).I handed in my notice at 7.30 am ,on a MOnday told them I would work my 2week notice …BY 7.35am I was outside the gate in my car waiting on the yardman to empty my locker /cab and banned from ever returning as I was a kin traitor/idiot would regret it for leaving etc…so from that day I was ■■ them all look after number one and never look back! .lol less than 24hrs later I was waiting for a ferry in a LHD drawbar thinking what had I done. :smiley: :smiley: …best o luck in the new job.

JIMBO47:
I have only handed in one letter(handing in notice) when driving ,this was my first real driving job ,had been there 5+yrs never a warning /late etc…got my class 1 when I was there (I paid for it).I handed in my notice at 7.30 am ,on a MOnday told them I would work my 2week notice …BY 7.35am I was outside the gate in my car waiting on the yardman to empty my locker /cab and banned from ever returning as I was a kin traitor/idiot would regret it for leaving etc…so from that day I was [zb] them all look after number one and never look back! .lol less than 24hrs later I was waiting for a ferry in a LHD drawbar thinking what had I done. :smiley: :smiley: …best o luck in the new job.

Unless a driver is an idiot, occasionally happens, we leave the door open for them to come back if we have a vacancy. One lad left twice, came back for third time, left and then wanted to come back for a fourth go… We said no at that point!

Its now printed and ready to go. I’m going in earlier tonight to see if I can catch him before he leaves. I’ve never had to do anything like this before but its part and parcel of employment. People come and go. Its time for me to move on. Travelling 63 miles a day isn’t an option anymore.

albion:

JIMBO47:
I have only handed in one letter(handing in notice) when driving ,this was my first real driving job ,had been there 5+yrs never a warning /late etc…got my class 1 when I was there (I paid for it).I handed in my notice at 7.30 am ,on a MOnday told them I would work my 2week notice …BY 7.35am I was outside the gate in my car waiting on the yardman to empty my locker /cab and banned from ever returning as I was a kin traitor/idiot would regret it for leaving etc…so from that day I was [zb] them all look after number one and never look back! .lol less than 24hrs later I was waiting for a ferry in a LHD drawbar thinking what had I done. :smiley: :smiley: …best o luck in the new job.

Unless a driver is an idiot, occasionally happens, we leave the door open for them to come back if we have a vacancy. One lad left twice, came back for third time, left and then wanted to come back for a fourth go… We said no at that point!

Looking back I think it was because I was the youngest driver there by at least 20yrs and nobody ever ever left twas dead mans shoes (I worked up from machine operator to driver class 2 then on to class1 ) the guy that got my job is still there and done over 30yrs.

memo …put coffee down before posting twice duh!!

AndrewG:
Dont burn your bridges. Hopefully your new job will be better but if it turns out to be [zb] at least you can approach your old employer on friendly terms…

Best piece of advice here.

Ken.

I will let you use my standard form Radar;

Dear TM/Knobhead.

Thanks for nothing.

Cheerio.

When I handed my notice in at WHB, I stated-With Regret, I am handing my notice in-Blah Blah Blah !

I’ve never burnt bridges, but then again I’ve never gone back.
Leave on good terms, even if you intend on never going back.

Just take the Thursday off so finish on Wednesday night Thursday morning

If you’re good at your job never missed days always on time then you will have no problem you tell them when you need to finish and they will respect you more for it with something like if your ever at a loose end give us a ring

eagerbeaver:

Dear TM/Knobhead.

Thanks for nothing.

Cheerio.

Do you get to actually hand it in before,

Dear beaver,

We resent diversions and coffee breaks.

Please accept a card of gratitude

Regards

P45

Come on Radar, don’t leave us in suspenders. Is your soon to be be ex TM a good guy or is he a knob??

discoman:

eagerbeaver:

Dear TM/Knobhead.

Thanks for nothing.

Cheerio.

Do you get to actually hand it in before,

Dear beaver,

We resent diversions and coffee breaks.

Please accept a card of gratitude

Regards

P45

:grimacing: In fairness Disco, the last few times I have managed to get my form in, it seemed to result in everyone wearing party hat’s and doing the conga.

It’s almost as if they were pleased to see the UK’s premier driver leave :open_mouth:

I hear ya, I recall when I was young like 19, there was a bus company called thorpes in London. Hated the place, I was the last 210 from finsbury park to Brent cross. The traffic controller was on my case for electing late. He never realised the big queue, so on a Friday my mate same hassles. We both decided to F the job . Took the buses on a joy ride out of service then back to yard and told them to stick the job where the sun don’t shine… first and only time I did a silly thing like that but felt good. Now, I just work and work to pay me bills lol.