1 weeks notice

So the time has come to hand in my notice , an opportunity has presented itself so I’m jumping ship , it may not be the greatest move but I can’t put up with the nonsense where I am any longer, so should I hand it in when I get to work or wait till end of day ?

put it in when you get in

my last job I just went in the office and asked if I needed to give my notice in writing and they said yes and when would I be leaving all civil and friendly and I never burn bridges because you never know when you mite need a good reference or the job back …

Driver-Once-More:
put it in when you get in

+1

Amazed you lasted so long, you must have the patience of a saint!

when i handed my notice in at stobarts gave them 4 days ,on the last day after 8 hours they tried to give me another job ,told them i was finished now ,they said i think i will decide when your Finished ,that was it the shirt came off and into a bin bag along with all the other stuff and deposited on the desk ,and walked out ,but six months later an with an agency ,they asked me would i go to stobarts :blush: i called a friend who still worked there to ask if i would be ok to come back for the odd shift ,amazingly they said no problem ,but i never needed to ,but on reflection i should have left on better terms i will never leave any where on bad terms again if i can help it

Well done. Glad your getting out of that place cos I couldn’t have put up with everything you did.

Put your notice in first thing.

kemaro:
So the time has come to hand in my notice , an opportunity has presented itself so I’m jumping ship , it may not be the greatest move but I can’t put up with the nonsense where I am any longer, so should I hand it in when I get to work or wait till end of day ?

Check in your contract what notice you need to give.

Many employees are surprised.

Dieseldoforme:

kemaro:

Check in your contract what notice you need to give.

Many employees are surprised.

Weekly pay, 1week notice… Monthly pay, 1 months notice…

Silver_Surfer:
Amazed you lasted so long, you must have the writing ability of J.K. Rowling!

FTFY :wink:

If handing it in on a Friday, always the end of shift :wink:

Was it Brakes you were on for??

waynedl:
Was it Brakes you were on for??

No, I work for an independent builders merchants…

Good luck in your new job.

Saaamon:
Weekly pay, 1week notice… Monthly pay, 1 months notice…

Is not correct.

If its not stated in your contract it is a statutory 1 weeks notice regardless of if you’re paid weekly or monthly. If it is stated in your contract then it is what is stated in your contract regardless of when you get paid. The notice period starts the day after you hand it in.

I would hand it in as soon as I got to work. If you hand it in at the end of the shift then it counts form the next day

You’ve done nothing but whine about the place you work and as far as I can tell you would be a right spoon if you were to return (if you actually leave) therefore if it was me in your shoes I would complete my shift and tell them _ "Oh by the way, this is my last shift…al si thi ". :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d take the job as they treated me, badly I’d quit, better I’d stay for full notice!!

But at stobrots I quit as the manager and staff were rude and ignorant and kept expecting me to run bent as running me out of time and over 15 while waiting for them to drag me back in to base!

I gave it in about midday, current manager who is a decent lad nearly cried but could fully understand , now they are left with no driver as they never replaced the van driver when he left a few months ago, & I’m the 6th employee to leave the company since Easter & they havnt replaced anybody , they just put the extra workloads onto the ones who were still there, apparently they want a meeting Monday to discuss things , too little too late I’m afraid . It stated in my contract that I should give one weeks written notice , I wrote a nice letter , didn’t slag anyone or anything off , just said I have other things I wish to pursue, thanked for the opportunity & wished them well for the future, I just want a swift leaving process with money owed paid & out the door ,its a shame as the actual job I enjoyed , with the right management & attitudes it could be a fantastic place but things will never change there , I’ve no workwear to return as I bought all my own , I’ve just a bill for some timber to settle then move on to the new job on 23rd…fingers crossed it will be a better place to work …

Well, I would tell them briefly why you’re leaving as else how will they ever hope to change & retain drivers?

Just say, “That bloke’s a ■■■■ which is why i’m leaving.”

Simple & effective.