Notice period

Just been offered a contract with a new company to start on 7th september.
My current contract states i need to give 4 weeks notice, in writing i gave them 5 weeks.
Handed my notice in earlier this month to finish on the 10th september.

After speaking to work they wont let me reduce it to 4 weeks which they asked for originally.
Anyone know where i stand? :grimacing:

shippy95:
Just been offered a contract with a new company to start on 7th september.
My current contract states i need to give 4 weeks notice, in writing i gave them 5 weeks.
Handed my notice in earlier this month to finish on the 10th september.

After speaking to work they wont let me reduce it to 4 weeks which they asked for originally.
Anyone know where i stand? :grimacing:

You not got any holidays due? As Just take some them before leaving as your notice period will drag in.

I speak to your new employer just explain the situation and mostly they be accommodating on these type things. or even just explain to you current firm about you be starting new firm on 7th and they cant change that date and really looking to see if you can get this brought forward, If that fails you could raise it with somebody at HR in your company.

Ive got .5 days of holiday apparently :open_mouth:

The new company only do their inductions on the 7th of each month so not really an option other than to be unemployed for 3 weeks

Basically you made a contract to end in 5 weeks and the company accepted so why should they let you go early think your stuck or just ring in sick for the last week :wink:

shippy95:

The new company only do their inductions on the 7th of each month so not really an option other than to be unemployed for 3 weeks

Ideal, Take your final week as Holiday. So your be entitled to 5 days off and 2 rest days. We all know your not really going be working to your best when you know your leaving.

ScottishChris:

shippy95:

Ideal, Take your final week as Holiday. So your be entitled to 5 days off and 2 rest days. We all know your not really going be working to your best when you know your leaving.

Not 5 days, 0.5 days haha