Had one hell of a day

robroy:

sammym:
If I’d hurt myself at work I’d be telling transport and telling them they needed to sort it and I’d go home.

Sammy you have done really well in such a short time to become a font of knowledge, now try not to become a ■■■■■

I suppose you come from a generation where you will go home if you get a paper cut.

Beer in supermarkets is under supply chain pressure lads. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dave docwra:

robroy:

sammym:
If I’d hurt myself at work I’d be telling transport and telling them they needed to sort it and I’d go home.

Sammy you have done really well in such a short time to become a font of knowledge, now try not to become a [zb].

I suppose you come from a generation where you will go home if you get a paper cut.

Silver_Surfer:
Beer in supermarkets is under supply chain pressure lads. Just a heads up.

Yeah, sorry about that! This is the stuff I couldn’t fit in the fridge! :smiley: :smiley:

dave docwra:

robroy:

sammym:

Sammy you have done really well in such a short time to become a font of knowledge, now try not to become a [zb].

Sounds about right I reck. :smiley: …off sick with a broken sat nav. :laughing:

Don’t want to come the super hero :sunglasses: (but I will anyhow :laughing: ) I once turned my ankle while parked up, it swelled up like a ■■■■ balloon. :open_mouth:
I was on my way to Southend next morning, the firm had just won this job, so it had to be there…, and being that it was a bloody good firm who looked after me, I just went for it.
(There will be footage of me just about hoping to the bogs on Birchangar MSA somewhere :smiley: )
Tipped and went to A&E, if I had not been wearing high Army boots they reckoned it would have broke.
Would I do it now? …no chance, different days, different circumstances, and different firm.

(Btw That incident and this one are 15 years apart, so I ain’t the Frank Spencer of the trucking world before anybody says it. :laughing: )

See Maosters gone from panic buying bog rolls to panic buying Budweiser., no ■■■■ finesse some people. :unamused:
:laughing:

I’m sorry I just couldn’t resist. Hopefully this will cheer you up.

youtube.com/watch?v=4KzoiRX0gOg

I was giving my wheels a clean the other week and $$$$ me those trims are sharp, yep sat outside a customers waiting to load i near on sliced the top of my finger off [emoji54][emoji54]

After a lot of kitchen roll, cut up latex gloves (for finger protection) and savlon and a now with an aching arm cos I’ve had it raised for so long the blood did finally stop, so feeling slightly light headed but being a man about it [emoji1783] i go into the yard and onto the weighbridge, the woman in office that gave me a couple more plasters said i think that needs a stitch or 2, uh i dont think so love but thanks anyway.

Damaging the middle finger on your right hand is a bugger when it’s time to climb into the cab, attach a seal, open doors or even wipe ya bloody arse but we survived and now a week later its plaster free and sealed up.

Moral of this story is don’t ffs ever clean your truck yourself
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cav551:
I’m sorry I just couldn’t resist. Hopefully this will cheer you up.

youtube.com/watch?v=4KzoiRX0gOg

Mr Blobby? :open_mouth:
Cheeky ■■■■ :laughing:

robroy:
See Maosters gone from panic buying bog rolls to panic buying Budweiser., no [zb] finesse some people. :unamused:

Not panic buying. Merely a normal week to ease the pain of being mates with you! :smiley:

the maoster:

robroy:
See Maosters gone from panic buying bog rolls to panic buying Budweiser., no [zb] finesse some people. :unamused:

Not panic buying. Merely a normal week to ease the pain of being mates with you! :smiley:

The pubs have chucked 70 million pints down the drain. Supermarket demand for bottles and cans has increased massively. Any domestically produced beer in the UK will be in short supply I reckon. You be alright for the imported stuff for the time being as there’s probly a fair whack sat in container ships on the big blue.

Silver_Surfer:

the maoster:

robroy:

The pubs have chucked 70 million pints down the drain. Supermarket demand for bottles and cans has increased massively. Any domestically produced beer in the UK will be in short supply I reckon. You be alright for the imported stuff for the time being as there’s probly a fair whack sat in container ships on the big blue.

Read some where yesterday that Carlsberg and Marstons are going to merge

Sent while in furlough

Thanks for the laugh Rob, A true professional! You’ve made my morning! We’ll all be waiting for episode two, if you need help with navigating around London I’m sure Snowflake Sammy will be able to give you the benefit of his vast experience. :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: regards Kev

kevmac47:
Thanks for the laugh Rob, A true professional! You’ve made my morning! We’ll all be waiting for episode two, if you need help with navigating around London I’m sure Snowflake Sammy will be able to give you the benefit of his vast experience. :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: regards Kev

Cheers mate :smiley: .
Did eventually get through London.
Last time I was through there it was on Dutch plates when I just sailed through ignoring wt limits (and tbh speed limits :blush: ) with no probs,.and no comebacks… :smiley:
It’s all this that and the ■■■■ other ‘‘zones’’ now just to catch you out and make you pay :unamused: , and bollards on corners to stop you going down the roads you want. :open_mouth:
I remember back in the day, when you were actually welcome here, so much so they provided overnight parks for you. :unamused:

It got to the stage where I just knocked the bloody sat nav off, (as it was telling me to go down all sorts of places) and just cracked on hoping for best, until I hit the North Circular for Tilbury.
Would not like to be down here all the time again,… in fact I would maybe even think of buying a truck sat nav if I was :open_mouth: …, then I could be a real trucker like my mate Sammy. :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
Dreadful.

If it makes you feel any better mate, I too had a bad 'un. 06.30 start and ventured up north, tipped & back down for a reload(trailer swap), over to the services to erm ‘recycle’ a shed load of euro’s at £3 a pop, and then back home for 4pm.

Today is worse. Just got up & showered after bedroom exercise with Mrs B, sat on the couch watching a bit of Fast & Loud, afore mentioned better half has just delivered bacon butties to the lap of the mighty Beaver, and later on 18 holes of golf with my mates at the country club.

So there, it’s not just you who has it bad. Might even have to go on the driveway to wash my brand new car too :unamused: :sunglasses:

That’s what I love most about you mate, your tact and your modesty. :laughing:

kevmac47:

Given Robert had to resort to aimlessly driving around in circles to get out of London I probably could teach him a thing or two tbh. As I’ve done it plenty in a lorry and used to live there.

It worked out for him and he is free to do what he wants. But given hes said many times on here he gets lost and causes carnage when he needs to reverse back from bridges he nearly hits I think he should invest in a hgv Satnav. I personally do use one but also use Google maps and even an old style map book occasionally. That would help him out immensely.

Silver_Surfer:

They can keep the foreign muck ( that’s just the norvern stuff :smiling_imp: :laughing: ) luckily bottled ESB is more or less as good as the draught at half the price and no shortage in the supermarkets.I’ll just about survive on a diet of that until the pubs open up hopefully soon. :wink:

Tell ya what do Sammy.
Have a read of bottom of this page. :bulb: :wink:

robroy:
Tell ya what do Sammy.
Have a read of bottom of this page. :bulb: :wink:

Nice edit mate.

In response to what you said before you changed it. You will have done more miles going back than me. And you will know far more than me. That doesn’t mean I cant have an opinion. And if you dont want to hear what others think then perhaps you shouldn’t post it on the internet…

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. In real life we would get on I’m sure. Having a difference of option is no big deal. It’s only the internet. If you are happy crack on. I’ll do the same. If anyone on here doesnt like how I work then that’s fine. If I can learn great.

Plenty of beer in the warehouses ready to be delivered into the rdc’s don’t worry :smiley:

Supermarkets don’t seem to bother with booking times either if your running it into them anymore too :unamused: