An eventful day

Ive had a bit of a crappy day today :cry: I was sent out in the 7.5 tonner instead of the artic.What a difference it was like i wasnt on the road.Artics didnt care they just cut me up i lost count the number of times i had to brake because of some arris just pulling out. :imp: Theres certainly a lot of snobbery out there,if you aint driving a biggun you dont exist.Then to top the day off the turbo blew so i was stuck in Leeds for 4hrs waiting for a wrecker.Anyway rant over im in THE BIGGUN tomorrow so i might get a bit more respect :wink:

At least you would have been able to reach the pedals…short arse :laughing:

mutley:
At least you would have been able to reach the pedals…short arse :laughing:

Sometimes i think its best just to ignore the replies from you,ya bluenose git :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Artics will pull in and leave 1" even if you are in an artic yourself,

dwarfs1.jpg

mutley:

I see youve not changed thats you in the middle isnt it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MUTLEY.jpgYes Mr Clarke,of course Mr Clarke,right away Mr Clarke,anything for you Mr Clarke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MUTLEY.jpgMedal yeah yeah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BIGRIG:
Ive had a bit of a crappy day today :cry: I was sent out in the 7.5 tonner instead of the artic.What a difference it was like i wasnt on the road.Artics didnt care they just cut me up i lost count the number of times i had to brake because of some arris just pulling out. :imp: Theres certainly a lot of snobbery out there,if you aint driving a biggun you dont exist.Then to top the day off the turbo blew so i was stuck in Leeds for 4hrs waiting for a wrecker.Anyway rant over im in THE BIGGUN tomorrow so i might get a bit more respect :wink:

7.5 tonner drivers are all scum oh and I didn’t think they were big enough to warrant needing a turbo :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

Steve-o:

BIGRIG:

7.5 tonner drivers are all scum oh and I didn’t think they were big enough to warrant needing a turbo :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH :open_mouth:

touchy

What is it with looking down on 7.5 ton drivers ? I drove artics for 25 years ,done more miles on a cross channel ferry than most have done on a motorway ,been there done it ect .Now drive 7.5t home every night do the same hours every day ,and above all earn more than i ever did driving a artic .I know there a lot of ex artic drivers now on smaller stuff who are better off . :imp:

I only just started out but been driving 7.5t everyday for just over a month still driving p/t with agency, never had any problems from other lorry drivers I let them in they let me in etc etc. Only problems I had was with the truck, the old boss was too tight to fix a injector so it would lose power after quite a few miles of driving was quite embarrising at times :unamused: :unamused:

Nowt wrong with driving 7.5 tonners i get paid the same money as i do for driving the artic and i get to have a bit of fun teararsin about :smiley:

steveo45:
What is it with looking down on 7.5 ton drivers ? I drove artics for 25 years ,done more miles on a cross channel ferry than most have done on a motorway ,been there done it ect .Now drive 7.5t home every night do the same hours every day ,and above all earn more than i ever did driving a artic .I know there a lot of ex artic drivers now on smaller stuff who are better off . :imp:

so in that case you’ll be 1 of few that actually understand we cant stop on a sixpence and need a bit more room at junctions then yes? oh and not forgetting the pulling out while going down hill as well :unamused:
Because most of the 7.5 ton drivers i’ve come across have no idea of any of the above.
And yes i drove the littleun’ for years before gaining my class1, but having grown up around artics, i always understood the room that was needed

TonyCBR:

steveo45:

so in that case you’ll be 1 of few that actually understand we cant stop on a sixpence and need a bit more room at junctions then yes? oh and not forgetting the pulling out while going down hill as well :unamused:
Because most of the 7.5 ton drivers i’ve come across have no idea of any of the above.
And yes i drove the littleun’ for years before gaining my class1, but having grown up around artics, i always understood the room that was needed

Common sense really that artics need more room etc but then most today lack that :unamused:

so in that case you’ll be 1 of few that actually understand we cant stop on a sixpence and need a bit more room at junctions then yes? oh and not forgetting the pulling out while going down hill as well

That would be me .I think my road manners are no diferent now as to when i was driving big uns . I work for a building co and the drivers who drop of at our sites are alway looked after ,alway somebody to see them back ,cup of tea quick off load ect .Somethings you dont forget … :wink: