Crap day :(

Going to bed early now after a crap day :frowning: - my 1st day on my own in a artic (had 4 weeks as co driver “training” )

Got to wrok this morning at 03:30am but didn’t set off till 4am due to tail lift wasn’t set correct - so prating around to sort that out

1st drop had to go the long way round hs bloody cars parked on the corners and pitch black!

Couldn’t find my 2nd drop as the postcode/map location was wrong so I got an infridment for going over my 4.5hr by 3min trying to back down a road to park up safety.

And the biggest blow - I smashed the windscreen on a pigging little 1inch think peice of branch in the top left corner of the 06 plate man truck. So ended up having to get back to the yard and do a witness statements on what happened. Drop was far too tight for a full artic (should have been a urban trailer!) Shop keeper was helpful though :unamused:

Going down to have a shower and put it down to experience… bloody thing all i need as I am on the 3 months probation period.

Still shuntter said my reverse onto the bay at base was a cracking reserve (well done he said) :open_mouth: :smiley:

M

Don’t worry about the mistakes, everybody makes stupid mistakes. Put it down to experience & learn from it. Keep your head held up high & goodluck with it :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t worry about the windscreen too much either. They break at the slightest excuse. I know that from personal experience.
:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That was done by a stupid little bird
(Well it was a fair sized pheasant, but it was pretty small after doing that, then finished off by being run over by 6 wheels on a 44t wagon :laughing: )

Yup, that was something like mine but in the top left corner (in fact it broken though the inner skin!) - but the guys in the office wasn’'t too bothered about it - but they did say if it gets worse on the way back then stop as we don’t want a an issues with a truck in the back of someone.

Can someone tell me what laws reg are in placed regarding driving with a broken windscreen?

Thanks

Mike

If it is not in the field of vision then I would think you are OK to get back to base