DWB update (Day 2)

Went to work last night, manager asked how it went previous night, “it wasn’t too bad for a first timer” was my reply.
Mnr. Do u think u can do it again?
DWB. “Yeah, but, can I have a go on my own then we see the results at the end of shift?”
Mngr. Sure! u will be in a 15T and remember, just follow my advice ok?
DWB. Ok
Mngr. Good luck son!
DWB . :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Grabbed my keys, checks done, loaded up and off on the road all on my own with my music.
First drop done,

Back to depot for second and third drop. Dropped off 2nd no problem then have to proceed to 3rd straight from second.

It was around 4am on my way on A13 into the city, there was a 15or 18t collided with a small black car I think an audi a3 with is out of shape :frowning: and sure things not looking soo good for them .
Road ahead closed :unamused: the only road I think I know to my drop has been diverted and with only android navigon car sat nav and loads of weight restrictions, things seems to start falling apart.

Every other side road I see which I could turn into was weight restricted but somehow managed to squeeze into 1 and u turned to go back. Found a perfect road on the other side and rolled to my 3rd drop which is same as my first.

Unloaded then back to depot for 4th and final drop. About an hour late.
What happened to u? Manager asked.
I was in ■■■■ as the road was closed couze of an accident. I replied

OK get going now then and good luck with traffic. Just make sure u get there in time. He said.

Off I go… traffic wasn’t as bad as feared managed to get there right in time and back to depot again. We all were happy.

Felt more better than yesterday. No irritation nor annoyance.
Am back on my own tonight again and sure gonna enjoy it more.

All sounds good. And a gaffer who actually seems to understand what can go wrong to cause delays.

Keep it up, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Surely gaffers should realize that ■■■■ happens all the time on the road network, and has done forever. Good that yours is understanding as most should be really.

Yeah, I feel so luck and can only improve