One hell of a day!

I was on my last drop in Kingston (London) when someone decided to jump off a 14 story building and kill himself. Didnt know this at the time as i was in the basement unloading. Went to head out when finished as i heard someone had jumped and found out that the bloke had landed in the entrance to the basement so nobody could get in or out! I must of just missed him landing on my truck by seconds!!! Anyway, i started at 5am and it was 1500 so i had to be back in Wellingborough by 2000 which is about 2.5 hr drive. Anyway not a prob i thought, they’ll just scoop up the body and everyone will be out within an hr. Well how wrong i was. 6hrs later and we’re still traped down there. Im gonna go over my 15hrs if i drive, i have no sleeper or spare clothes so dont wanna stay out. I had put it on break but moved the truck twice. My boss said its ok to drive back if i can get the police to sign a print off explaining why. Is this true? Can the police over ride Vosa? Anyway what i ended up doing was to wait 9 hrs and then drive back as have had the rest period even tho i hadnt really cause i moved the truck. Or the other option was to take the taco out, end day and risk driving without a taco. So what would of been the best thing to do and what would of you’ve done. I couple of people ive spoken to have said hotel it or someone pick u up which wasnt a option as its only a small company and was miles away. And really didnt want to get the train!!! One hell of a day!

Maybe it would have been better if he did land on your truck, you wouldn’t have been held up and you could have jet washed him off at the end of your shift.

Small company or not what’s a overnight hotel stay ? Peanuts and part of the job ,what do they do if you have a blow out ,tell Ats it’s a small company ? Get on late rooms m8 and give them the bill !

If he landed on the truck i would ve give the rozzers the keys and got the train back. What a selfish ■■■■■ do it at home. 5 mins later i wouldn’t of got in. Gutted. Earnt some good dough out of it tho, and got paid for having today off!

Someone has died, in a truly horrible way (you don’t generally jump off a 14 storey building just for the hell of it). His/her family are grieving the loss of their father/mother/brother/sister, several passers-by will have been traumatised by what they saw and some poor sap has the unenviable task of cleaning up the gory mess. And your main concerns are not getting an infringement and avoiding a small hotel bill for your employer. Callous ■■■■■■, aren’t you?

Roymondo:
Someone has died, in a truly horrible way (you don’t generally jump off a 14 storey building just for the hell of it). His/her family are grieving the loss of their father/mother/brother/sister, several passers-by will have been traumatised by what they saw and some poor sap has the unenviable task of cleaning up the gory mess. And your main concerns are not getting an infringement and avoiding a small hotel bill for your employer. Callous [zb], aren’t you?

No. He’s absolutely right. The selfish suiciders don’t deserve any sympathy whatsoever as they just want to ■■■■ up everyone else’s day. As coffeeholic once said, they should take them out with a sniper beforehand and have done with it. At least no-one else is affected then.

No, that’s not (usually) what they want at all. But I can see there’s little point in continuing this, so I won’t.

yes the police can sign your print out as long as you are going straight back to the yard and doing nothing else

Nobody has to sign any printouts except the driver.

MADBAZ:
Nobody has to sign any printouts except the driver.

Good point! A policeman signing a printout before the intended offence has been committed is like signing a blank cheque really.

Roymondo:
Someone has died, in a truly horrible way (you don’t generally jump off a 14 storey building just for the hell of it). His/her family are grieving the loss of their father/mother/brother/sister, several passers-by will have been traumatised by what they saw and some poor sap has the unenviable task of cleaning up the gory mess. And your main concerns are not getting an infringement and avoiding a small hotel bill for your employer. Callous [zb], aren’t you?

He didn’t know the person who died - the family of said person is unlikely to be looking on here, so why should he give a ■■■■? I bet you threw flowers at Diana’s coffin too, didn’t you?

I, with a drivers mate was delivering furniture to a high rise in Roehampton one day. I saw something go past the window out of the corner of my eye but took no notice. When we went to go back to the van, it was a bloke that had jumped or fallen. Wasn’t a gory mess, but a bit chilling all the same. I didn’t bother watching the news in those days, so don’t know if it was on.

Roymondo:

Would hardly deem the original poster to be callous . Why should he be inconvenienced because someone committs suicide ? Life goes on and these delays are not going to bring him back to life . Well done to the original poster for ensuring that he operated legally and avoiding a hotel bill for his employer .

In this situation ,you mentioned take the taco out and drive back.
Never do this.
It is always best to keep it in.If on the way back ,you were in a crash and killed somebody ,it is then classed as falsifalcation of records or fraud as the mileage would not tally up.
That carries a prison sentence.
Even though driving back would be still illegal by going over hours it would be mitagating circumstances of what happened being trapped for 6 hours.
The authorities hate it when you try to hide things.
It was not your fault what happened.
You planned to be back.

So LHD you think all suicidal people think is that they just want to mess up people’s days?
You’ll get my vote for troll of the year in December.

LASHHGV:
So LHD you think all suicidal people think is that they just want to mess up people’s days?

Those that hang off bridges, buildings etc, yes, yes I do. Otherwise they’d just get on with it in private and not affect anyone else. I’m not quite sure how you can argue otherwise.

rob22888:

Left hand down!:

LASHHGV:

Those that hang off bridges, buildings etc, yes, yes I do. Otherwise they’d just get on with it in private and not affect anyone else. I’m not quite sure how you can argue otherwise.

It’s a cry for attention & help.

People who stand on the edge of motorway bridges etc. and hesitate are not in a good place mentally. If they really wanted to commit suicide then they would surely do it, like the many that fling themselves in front of trains and top/hang themselves. To just push them/gun them down so everyone can get on with their day is a wholly insensitive & ludicrous solution. What would your opinion be if it was your son or daughter?

If it were my son or daughter they wouldn’t be in that situation as that what family are for :bulb: . That’s what annoys me about these heart string tugging posts, “oh but what about their poor grieving relatives?”. Well hang on a second, they obviously didn’t give a ■■■■ about them when they were alive otherwise they wouldn’t be hanging off a bridge over the M1 so why are they suddenly pretending to give a ■■■■ about them now that they’re in 100 pieces scattered across 3 lanes of the motorway? It’s a load of pretentious bull [zb] and people fall for it (pardon the pun) every time. Get a grip people. They know what they’re doing right from the get go and it’s all a load of selfish and pathetic attention seeking which 99% of the time ends up ruining everyone else’s day. Well ■■■■ 'em. Get the sniper aimed on them or have someone get up there and give them the push they want. I’m happy with either solution.

LASHHGV:
You’ll get my vote for troll of the year in December.

Nobody told me their was a competion, please consider me for 2nd place.

Suicide although for some is the only escape, when performed in public it is an attention seeking last gasp attempt fot some notoriety of excistence…Jumpers tend to go for the biggest impact with the least effort, quite literally in this case.

Public suicide participants will also not be bothered with taking somebody else with them. Some right nutters will also go out of their way to involve an innocent person in their folly.

Ironically it takes a brave or incredibly unstable person to go out in this manner as most jumpers can be talked down (not the quick way), usually by explaining its bloody going to hurt helps.

Our species lack of empathy for people who cauze them an inconvenience will often cause shouts of “jump, jump” from strangers.

I’m not an expert on suicide and I’d prob guess rightly that no one else on here is. Sometimes in life things are just not that simple. You can have a perfect family life but still feel suicidal it doesn’t matter about what support you have sometimes its just a chemical imbalance in your brain.
I don’t know much about it but its gets my goat when certain people on here think there is one solid answer and that’s it.