Had my worst ever day this week

IronEddie:
Sure many of you know I’ve not been on the road long.

Thursday this week started with my car not starting. Work offered to send someone to run me in. Ok. But by the time I got in I was effectively behind. With an hour twenty drive to my first drop! Blind on most of the drops. And I’m just playing catch up all day. Ended up bringing a few back undelivered.

The icing on the cake was me catching a small domestic type trailer with the tail lift and dragging it around a bit. 14 hour day. Think I got right up to my breaking point tbh. Learnt some valuable lessons that day.

Now, to me that would be one of my better days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh you poor darling.
How bout trying real life FFS.

From my own experience, and those of other drivers that I work with…I reckon most drivers can usually
expect to have one real bugger of a day every month or so…where everything just seems to go wrong.

All sorts of things can and do go wrong from time to time. In recent months I’ve had…

a breakdown …which took over 5 hrs to sort out and took me to 15hrs and an unscheduled night out

a puncture…again took nearly 5 hrs for ATS to turn up on Boxing Day night…unscheduled night out

tail lift malfunction…guy came out, motor had gone, he didn’t have a spare one…failed delivery…returned to depot
just under 15hrs fully loaded

…and of course occasional 2-3 hr hold-ups on motorways following accidents…which when you’re doing a 12-13hr run
can easily take you up to 15hrs…and an unscheduled night out.

Nearly every driver I know has similar stuff happen from time to time. I guess the key is not to get too stressed about
it…remember that these things have all happened to every other driver out there…and just accept that you will
have a bad day every month or so in this game.

att:
Time…It is a measurement used to enslave us…If you agree to it.
I have never and will never adhere to it, I do it on my terms and time is not a fixture/measurement that features wildly in my existence.
Time will bring you stress.
Time is what others expect of you.
Time is a device used to enslave you.
Time is a device to ensure that your experience and dedication is brought down to the lowest common denominator.
Time is used by others who feel that they own you, to control you.

Time has too many negative connotations, to be of any positive use to those who are not in control of it.

Time is illusionary, it does not exist…Humans invented it to measure…The measurement is subjective, time is total and complete ball locks.

Does your boss pay you when ever he feels like it then ?

Lost time is lost time,to many think its upto them to try and catch up.
Even if they leave the yard on time and get delayed on the motorway or at a drop, to many get it into their heads they must catch up and thats when they become reckless and do stupid things like tailgating and speeding.

Its transport, things go wrong, end of. You can’t change that, the only thing you can change is your personal attitude to things going wrong. Personally I just shrug my shoulders and think “oh well, there’s some extra wages in my pocket”.

the maoster:
Its transport, things go wrong, end of. You can’t change that, the only thing you can change is your personal attitude to things going wrong. Personally I just shrug my shoulders and think “oh well, there’s some extra wages in my pocket”.

Jobby happens, deal with it. No point in stressing.

I learnt very quickly that 99% of things going wrong weren’t my fault and were totally out of my control, so just went with the flow.

Remember OP, when it comes to writing stuff off with trailer swing or whatever, admit nothing deny everything.

A.

You’ve had your worst day ever…so far!

IronEddie:
Sure many of you know I’ve not been on the road long.

Think I got right up to my breaking point tbh.

:neutral_face: Not being funny mate, you say you’re new, but if what you described got you to your ‘‘breaking point’’ :open_mouth: , just wait to a real bad day comes up with REAL problems.
Transport and trucking can be cruel,… believe me mate. :bulb:
youtu.be/AH6H7mSvsvg

Aye but I didn’t break and having been through it I’d be better prepared for a similar day in the future.

As for worse things to come I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it and see how I cope.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

att:
I have never and will never adhere to it, I do it on my terms and time is not a fixture/measurement that features wildly in my existence.
Time is a device to ensure that your experience and dedication is brought down to the lowest common denominator.

Time has too many negative connotations, to be of any positive use to those who are not in control of it.

Time is illusionary, it does not exist…Humans invented it to measure…The measurement is subjective, time is total and complete ball locks.

Ruled by the 666. 60 seconds in a minute = first 6. 60 minutes in an hour = second 6 and lastly 24 hours in a day = 2+4= third 6.

att:

lol, if I was your boss and told you “be here for 5 in in the morning”, and you turned up at 12:00 midday giving me this ■■■■■■■■, I’d sack you. There’d be none of this disciplinary procedure. I’d just point at the door and shout fiercely “zb off!”. What would you do in the subsequent days? Starve to death, intoxicated on a principled transcendental fantasy? Or search wistfully for your cpc card so as to look for another soul-destroying job?

Sorry to break it to you fella, but that ain’t a bad day, a bit of bad luck with the trailer perhaps, but you will know when you have a bad one!

I’ve had one drop, and everything goes wrong, it ends up as a 15hr day with a night out. Then the cancer spreads to the whole week.

Or I’ve had 40 drops and 7 collections and I’ve been done in 6 including tipping myself back at the depot. No crap, that really did happen at tuffnells. The lot were in my local town, I didn’t need the sat nag, I routed them all in my head like they were second nature. Just zoomed round.

I would say that I get a slightly crap day a week, a really good day a fortnight and a real ■■■■■■ of a bad day once a month.

MOSSSIDEDEEP:

att:

Ruled by the 666. 60 seconds in a minute = first 6. 60 minutes in an hour = second 6 and lastly 24 hours in a day = 2+4= third 6.

Dude■■?

jbaz73:

MOSSSIDEDEEP:

att:

Dude■■?

Wtf is that meant to mean■■? Dude

jbaz73:
Sorry to break it to you fella, but that ain’t a bad day, a bit of bad luck with the trailer perhaps, but you will know when you have a bad one!

Basically this. ^^^^

I once had to de-hire a fridge trailer, then de-hire the unit on the way back, then ring the office once done. To cut a long story short, first I lost the number plate, then I ended up dropping the trailer on it’s knees, then later writing off not one, but two units, and it all transpired into 2 consecutive unplanned nights out. To add insult to injury, they rang the agency and told them not to send me again… and this was in the quiet period of Jan, so it was hard to find more work.

ezydriver:

jbaz73:

Basically this. ^^^^

I once had to de-hire a fridge trailer, then de-hire the unit on the way back, then ring the office once done. To cut a long story short, first I lost the number plate, then I ended up dropping the trailer on it’s knees, then later writing off not one, but two units, and it all transpired into 2 consecutive unplanned nights out. To add insult to injury, they rang the agency and told them not to send me again… and this was in the quiet period of Jan, so it was hard to find more work.

Nightmare