Great North Road book

Found this on the NET it say’s Taken on the GREAT NORTH ROAD
Of course its a TRUNKER

is this in Kate’s cabin

Revman
That’s the lorry park most of us remember, and it was one of the better ones. In it’s heyday was a good cafe and I hear it has started up again .I wish them luck with it.
In the days of your photo Kate’s didn’t have to compete with Peterborough Services, but I think most drivers would prefer a traditional cafe to a plastic motorway services.

Cheers Bassman

The Great North Road at Seaton Burn 1967, Photo with the courtesy of Arthur Lowdon, Regards Larry.

Kev If you have a close look at the left of the picture, The trailer that’s parked there was Waughys, The late Parkey Denholm used to drop them there & park his Atki unit on the Moor House Pub car park, 1967 Happy long gone days Eh , Regards Larry.

Guys the book is out. Google it as I’m not allowed to promote it on here

I will be doing a book signing at the Gaydon truck show on 8-9 June in the model show section

All the best with the book Chris,looking forward to reading it.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Guys the book is out. Google it as I’m not allowed to promote it on here

I will be doing a book signing at the Gaydon truck show on 8-9 June in the model show section

Hullo Lonewolf,
I shall’nt be at Gaydon, but as I only live down the road from you, is it possible you could sell me a copy and sign it for me please.
Cheers, Archie.

Hullo,
Yesterday I collected two copies of The Great North Road from Chris Cooper. I spent the rest of the day with my nose in one of the books. A very good book it is too, very well researched, very informative and a pleasure to read, there are many photographs, both old and modern, some good comparison photo’s as well. Definately a good buy for somebody that has used this road over the years. I was very happy with my copy.

Well done Chris, I hope you do well with the Book Sale at Gaydon.

Cheers, Archie.

Looks like a good book I’ll have to get hold of one.

Now you’re finished mucking about with that how about getting on with doing those tractor wheels. LOL LOL LOL.

Jeff…

I’ve just found out that Sally Traffic has seen a copy, anyone know if shes mentioned it on the radio (I don’t listen to Radio 2 :blush: )

Hi Chris, my daughters have been asking me what I want for fathers day, I was stuck for something but then I remembered your book so problem solved.
Good luck with the book and when your as famous as J.K.Rowling don’t forget us mere mortals. John.

Ha, I doubt it but cheers anyway

I sold 40 odd copies at Gaydon which was brilliant, just waiting for some feedback now.

I bought the book yesterday Chris and from the little i have read so far it is fascinating. Ive been driving up and down the A1 since 1970 and thought i knew all about it but now realise i know very little. The original route has always intrigued me and i now have the perfect book to better understand it. Thank You

Where can I buy this Great Book, I must have it, Regards Larry.

Me too, please tell me were i can buy.

Click on the link on the bottom of Wolfies message North Riding Model Co He’d probably even sign one for you.

Jeff

Thanks for the nice comments :slight_smile:

You can get the book from the After the Battle website and I understand Nynehead are stocking it too.

Ive just ordered mine from Nynehead, They are waiting for their next delivery to arrive, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Ive just ordered mine from Nynehead, They are waiting for their next delivery to arrive, Regards Larry.

My Good lady just ordered me a copy from Waterstones to-day,although the A1 wasn’t our regular road we did use it occaisionally in the early years when we had to run up to the N.East from London.I suppose the A1 achieves it’s popularity because of it’s long direct route without any diversion,unlike the road from the N/west once you turned off the A6 at Chorley then you never touched it again even though it ran all the way to London.Then again if the geordie drivers had to change from different roads they would never have got London,probably end up in Birmingham :wink: It was a case of,“Git yersel onto the A1 at Newcastle and diff’ent turn off Wor hinney until you get to The Smoke,ye canna gan wrang Bonny lad” Cheers Dennis. :unamused: