Great North Road - Then and Now revisited

Since I wrote the Great North Road - Then and Now which was published in 2013, I have collected still more photos and anecdotes and discovered one or two very rare errors. I have also been cataloguing and photographing on-going changes since the book was published. I had vague ideas of a second edition, but I don’t feel I have enough material for that, but I can share them with you. I have created a Facebook page to do so. If you’re a Facebooker go there and run a search for @gtnorthroad. If you’re not, get your grandbairns to do it :smiley:

Morning Wolfie,
I got that book within 6 months of it being published, a cracking book may I add, I still run some of the old A1 between Ferrybridge and Scotch Corner when I have time to spare. I stay at the Darrington hotel at least 2 times a week and keep meaning to take a pic of what is left of the old dual carriageway that ran right outside, problem it is dark when I arrive and dark when I leave, I’ll have to wait until light mornings!
Off to FB now to have a look, I know it is nearly 7 years late but Thanks for the hard work you put in publishing the book, Cheer’s Pete