Giving drivers a bad name

mac12:
if he lost his license even better.

From your description of the event it hardly sounds dangerous, not even bordering on it. Most likely normally a sane guy just having a bad day of it. He was in the wrong no doubt but to report it and even hope he lost his licence? :confused: Getting stressed out over something so trivial will just raise your blood pressureā€¦

Brake testing another driver is one of the ultimate sins, like driving in a hi-viz vest on the motorway, course with dashcams to protect us it is now quite acceptable to crash into a brake tester, frowned upon of course.

Course thereā€™s to many drivers giving us a bad name these days or just to many drivers having bad moments.

Just do what I do and keep a ā– ā– ā– ā–  list of other drivers registrations who have ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off then pay for a clone car to run a few speed cameras.
Itā€™s now about Ā£200 for this service so Iā€™m told. :wink:

AndrewG:

mac12:
if he lost his license even better.

From your description of the event it hardly sounds dangerous, not even bordering on it. Most likely normally a sane guy just having a bad day of it. He was in the wrong no doubt but to report it and even hope he lost his licence? :confused: Getting stressed out over something so trivial will just raise your blood pressureā€¦

Thisā€¦
The same thing happened in Germany in the 1930ā€™s and they were given a nice brown shirt for their efforts.

UKtramp:
I bet he is called Malcolm most grasses are and that is a fact. He will more than likely have a caravan on his drive and is married to a wife called Audrey. He will shop in Aldi or Lidl and will most likely get upset over certain episodes on coronation street. I am an excellent profiler and psychology is my hobby, in fact If the nodding donkey wasnā€™t a lorry driver it would very much fit his profile and I would blame him.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

discoman:

harrawaffa:
Get your foot down or get out of the way.

So your an advocate for the guy to speed up and break the law for a dumb idiot in a truck driving aggressive ā€¦

The OP was scared enough to allegedly report it and to post the incident on here that speeding up or ideally pulling out the way in a layby or side road that breaking the law for self preservation is an option. Course flooring it through a 30 is daft and in reality just pulling out the way is best.

Having the moral high ground butters no parsnips when thereā€™s a death driver up your chuffer.

Due to the hysterical/PC society we now live in gone are the days of 33 in a 30 and 44 in a 40, now itā€™s fear of 1mph over the limit and drivers staring at their speedos (not the nice tight swimsuit variety) instead of the road ahead in fear of some mobile speed camera van round the next corner.

But I come from an era of joyriders and have had a few police chases myself when young and stupid. I donā€™t relate to the snowflake generation.

del949 wrote:
why go to the trouble of complaining on here and then keeping the reg number secret? either you want to name and shame or you donā€™t.

I think thereā€™s actually a rule about naming and shaming.

yes there is, I had forgotten. my apologies.

discoman:

harrawaffa:

So your an advocate for the guy to speed up and break the law for a dumb idiot in a truck driving aggressive ā€¦

No Iā€™m advocate of letting people get on with it. Rather that taking it on yourself to attempt to control the road. Just the same as people who flash their lights because youā€™ve over taken them or the ones who block lanes on approach to a merge in turn. If someone wants to go faster than you let them go.

Wow !, some of the responses to this thread are absolutely unbelievable. And to think that my family and I have to share the road with these idiots scares the proverbial out of me. Some of you really immature idiots are actually driving trucks for a living ?. And I bet you call yourselves professional drivers :unamused:

harrawaffa:

discoman:

harrawaffa:

No Iā€™m advocate of letting people get on with it. Rather that taking it on yourself to attempt to control the road. Just the same as people who flash their lights because youā€™ve over taken them or the ones who block lanes on approach to a merge in turn. If someone wants to go faster than you let them go.

this road is two lanes one for tolls and one for tag so canā€™t pull over and speed limit so canā€™t speed up

On the roads there are 2 options you can do what is easy or you can do what is right. Holding your position when some nutter is up your arris may be the last thing you ever do.

Not a fan of grassing myself but can see from recent events why someone driving a truck in a foolish manner may need further scrutiny. Although thatā€™s most of the buggers on the roads these days.

If in doubt drive to survive, no good having the biggest bollox if youl never be able to use em again.

the nodding donkey:

Razzman1:
Wow !, some of the responses to this thread are absolutely unbelievable. And to think that my family and I have to share the road with these idiots scares the proverbial out of me. Some of you really immature idiots are actually driving trucks for a living ?. And I bet you call yourselves professional drivers :unamused:

Not offended by stupidity, but dumbfounded by the ignorance!.

Razzman1:

the nodding donkey:

Razzman1:

there will be another thread along shortly bemoaning why we donā€™t get paid as much as train drivers.

Razzman1:

the nodding donkey:

Razzman1:

But your post Razzman is classic snowflake generation, bit like a typical passive aggressive post on facecloth.

It adds nothing to the discussion just a catch all disagreement with a few but not adding anything.

All you have to do is quote someone you disagree with and bring a counter point to the table.

Itā€™s like you have an opinion but donā€™t know how to express it. Your still young, take your time, find a girl settle down etc.

No offence intended just relax and let the love flow.

The Crown Prosecution Service : Driving without reasonable consideration

The offence of driving without reasonable consideration under section 3 of the RTA 1988 is committed only when other persons are inconvenienced by the manner of the defendantā€™s driving, see section 3ZA(4) RTA 1988.

The maximum penalty is a level 5 fine. The court must also either endorse the driverā€™s licence with between 3 and 9 penalty points (unless there are ā€œspecial reasonsā€ not to do so), or impose disqualification for a fixed period and/or until a driving test has been passed. The penalty is the same as for driving without due care and attention.

A driving without due consideration charge is more appropriate where the inconvenience is aimed at and suffered by other road users.

Note the essential difference between the two offences under section 3 of the RTA 1988 is that in cases of careless driving the prosecution need not show that any other person was inconvenienced. In cases of inconsiderate driving, there must be evidence that some other user of the road or public place was actually inconvenienced; Dilks v Bowman-Shaw [1981] RTR 4 DC.

Charging Practice

This offence is appropriate when the driving amounts to a clear act of incompetence, selfishness, impatience or aggressiveness in addition to some other inconvenience to road users. The following examples are typical of actions likely to be regarded as inconsiderate driving:

flashing of lights to force other drivers in front to give way;
misuse of any lane (including cycling lanes) to avoid queuing or gain some other advantage over other drivers;
unnecessarily remaining in an overtaking lane;
unnecessarily slow driving or braking without good cause;
driving with un-dipped headlights which dazzle oncoming drivers, cyclists or pedestrians;
driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed;
driving a bus in such a way as to alarm passengers.

Some of the replies here beggar belief. Had this been a Stobart/EE driver driving in such an aggressive way, the respondersā€™ to this thread would have been calling for public flogging/castration/hanging. Hypocrisy knowā€™s no bounds on the UK Professional Drivers Forum :smiley:

We could really do with the rear facing dashcam footage of this alleged muppetry. But it doesnā€™t exist, just another thread to vent ones anger at another road user.

Sort it out on the road, strip down to the waist like real men and fist it out.

mac12:

Captain Caveman 76:
Bet he loved you when you slowed to 30!

Speed limit is 30 though the tag lane with speed camera signs up

I know it well, I use it regularly and thereā€™s usually some impatient cockwomble trying to get me to hurry up. Being in a lorry is a bit different to being in a car, I can just ignore them. If Iā€™d have been in your position, I wouldnā€™t bother with the police, Iā€™d have just reported them to their company.

Space behind you cannot contoll

(Yoda on his speed awareness course) :grimacing:

Dipper_Dave:

Razzman1:

the nodding donkey:

Razzman1:

But your post Razzman is classic snowflake generation, bit like a typical passive aggressive post on facecloth.

It adds nothing to the discussion just a catch all disagreement with a few but not adding anything.

All you have to do is quote someone you disagree with and bring a counter point to the table.

Itā€™s like you have an opinion but donā€™t know how to express it. Your still young, take your time, find a girl settle down etc.

No offence intended just relax and let the love flow.

I didnā€™t quote anyone specific because all that does is exactly what youā€™ve done here just like a lot of the immature rubbish I read on this forum.
Tried to entice another user into a war of words which ultimately achieves nothing.
I think I have actually expressed my opinion exactly how I intended.
Reading back through your responses on this thread tells me that perhaps its you thatā€™s still young and in need of a girl.
ā€œClone peoples number platesā€, really mature .

Rat67:

The Crown Prosecution Service : Driving without reasonable consideration

The offence of driving without reasonable consideration under section 3 of the RTA 1988 is committed only when other persons are inconvenienced by the manner of the defendantā€™s driving, see section 3ZA(4) RTA 1988.

The maximum penalty is a level 5 fine. The court must also either endorse the driverā€™s licence with between 3 and 9 penalty points (unless there are ā€œspecial reasonsā€ not to do so), or impose disqualification for a fixed period and/or until a driving test has been passed. The penalty is the same as for driving without due care and attention.

A driving without due consideration charge is more appropriate where the inconvenience is aimed at and suffered by other road users.

Note the essential difference between the two offences under section 3 of the RTA 1988 is that in cases of careless driving the prosecution need not show that any other person was inconvenienced. In cases of inconsiderate driving, there must be evidence that some other user of the road or public place was actually inconvenienced; Dilks v Bowman-Shaw [1981] RTR 4 DC.

Charging Practice

This offence is appropriate when the driving amounts to a clear act of incompetence, selfishness, impatience or aggressiveness in addition to some other inconvenience to road users. The following examples are typical of actions likely to be regarded as inconsiderate driving:

flashing of lights to force other drivers in front to give way;
misuse of any lane (including cycling lanes) to avoid queuing or gain some other advantage over other drivers;
unnecessarily remaining in an overtaking lane;
unnecessarily slow driving or braking without good cause;
driving with un-dipped headlights which dazzle oncoming drivers, cyclists or pedestrians;
driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed;
driving a bus in such a way as to alarm passengers.

Some of the replies here beggar belief. Had this been a Stobart/EE driver driving in such an aggressive way, the respondersā€™ to this thread would have been calling for public flogging/castration/hanging. Hypocrisy knowā€™s no bounds on the UK Professional Drivers Forum :smiley:

Bloody hell, a grown up response at last .

Razzman1:
I didnā€™t quote anyone specific because all that does is exactly what youā€™ve done here just like a lot of the immature rubbish I read on this forum.
Tried to entice another user into a war of words which ultimately achieves nothing.
I think I have actually expressed my opinion exactly how I intended.
Reading back through your responses on this thread tells me that perhaps its you thatā€™s still young and in need of a girl.
ā€œClone peoples number platesā€, really mature .

Hereā€™s a tip, go back to the very first post on this thread and give an opinion on that one.

Kudos for having an opinion on something I wrote though, yes itā€™s very immature to clone someoneā€™s number plate and I did put a little winky emoji thingy at the end which usually implies Iā€™m talking bollox, or am I, does it happen well yes of course it does, do I do it of course not being a law abiding citizen.

Now what would you do if you where in your car and some idiot driver was flashing you to go faster whilst approaching a 30 zone.

You are quite correct though a lot of forum debates go a tad ā€˜ad hominemā€™ whereby the poster gives an opinion on the posters rather than the subject matter, this is what you did first.