This could be why we get a bad name!

While on my way back to maidstone yesterday,i was travelling down m1 and chatting to my missus(handsfree of course) i noticed in distance traffic was coming to a stop. nothing wrong with this you might think, then i looked in my mirrors and saw a scanny coming down the road behind me, but not literally in the bloody fast lane!!! :smiling_imp: I couldn’t believe it!! I had to look twice!!!

as the traffic came to a stop he pulled up nearly level with me, i looked across at him shaking my head and thought to myself this dude is obviously the product of a brother and sister relationship and had a face on him that looked like a dozen slapped donkey butts. this was just an accident waiting to happen, i could see car drivers looking in disbelisf at him too. but this dude was looking straight in front of him and not really using his mirrors as he decided to pull back into middle lane a couple of miles!! down the road and nearly squashed a family in ford mondeo. then carried on down the road weaving in and out of the middle and fast lane using the size of his vehicle to intimidate the road users till the traffic got going again at full speed and then decided to get back into the slow lane.

this driver is obviously from the shallow end of his family’s gene pool, had total disregard for anyones saftey and one thing on his mind and that was to get to where he was going by any means necassary. the company he worked for was running out of nottingham delivering chilled fruit and veg white truck with a green picture and writing on the side. Because of numpty’s like this we all get tarred with the same brush :frowning: :frowning: personally i think he should have his licence taken away, i have seen some sights on the road but never that. the dudes lights are on, but his brain is definately away on holiday :laughing: :laughing:

DRIVING IN THIS MANNER IS WHY ALOT MOTORISTS HATE LORRY DRIVERS.

Sorry to disagree Margate but they hate us no matter what lane we are in.

Muppet

M6 last Thurs northbound in car, raffic came to a halt just as i got to the slip road for corley, needed petrol so pulled in filled up then pulled off pumps and had a brew at the side of garage, traffic set’s off again so off we go, for those who don’t know, he slip road back on to M/way is two lanes left hand for lorries, but seen as the traffic is hardly moving it didnt matter which lane you used, unless you were super nut in a rented 95, we both set off up slip road together then he decides because my lane is moving a tiny bit faster than the right hand one, he would see if he could polish the badge on the front of my car as he shot over to my lane, no problem he may not have seen me, but he did see that the hard shoulder was free so decided to use that to the end of the slip road, so he could get a few feet further that everyome else.

Now considering that we can see a great big sign telling us all there is an accident , and a fire engine, ambulance, several police car’s, have passed us it may have given us all a clue that something was up, idiot’s who do this should have there licence took off them instantly, then strung up from the nearest bridge… Rant over,

Unfortunately, Margate - youre correct when you say that idiots like him get us all abad name, but I have to say (maybe Im mellowing :open_mouth: ) that I`ve noticed recently that a lot more car drivers are being courteous to large vehicles in that they are more ready to let you pull out into their lane as long as you give a fair warning and not just a token flick of the indicator as you are crossing the lines
Regards
Trev

Some mother’s do have them m8.Some town is missing their idiot :laughing: :laughing:

Dafman

Was it a red trailer, Cus I seen the very same act, stuck in that traffic,

I was in the slow lane (OK they were all slow but you know what I mean)

About half way up the hill, I seen him pull on to the hard shoulder and keep going, till he saw the old bill just on top of the hill closing the inside lane off,

Idiot, What did he achive doing that then?

i think you mean a SCANNIE. i was in leicester and walsall yesterday so it was nothing to do with me.

on top of that, i hate the people who swap lanes in traffic jams. it very rarely gets you any further and it is dangerous :imp:

good to have you back margate,its been a long time.

Trevor Parry:
Unfortunately, Margate - youre correct when you say that idiots like him get us all abad name, but I have to say (maybe Im mellowing :open_mouth: ) that I`ve noticed recently that a lot more car drivers are being courteous to large vehicles in that they are more ready to let you pull out into their lane as long as you give a fair warning and not just a token flick of the indicator as you are crossing the lines
Regards
Trev

You’re not in Lanzarote now Trev :laughing: . Wakey-wakey.

Theres a few bad apples in every orchard, but if more drivers and that includes all classes of vehicle, were to use their mirrors and INDICATORS more often there would be less confusion and less accidents.Why do so many drivers want to read the small print on the number plate in front of them?Why dont drivers use indicators at roundabouts anymore?
Sorry , i`m rambling on again
roy…

Rob K:

Trevor Parry:
Regards
Trev

You’re not in Lanzarote now Trev :laughing: . Wakey-wakey.

Sorry, Rob - just got the missus to give me a few slaps round the face to bring me back to reality :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards
Trev

Yes disco it was, glad you saw it as well i thought i was seeing things :smiley: