Brave or Stupid Drivers!

Not a person to have a rant on here, but here goes.
Coming down the A1(M) Leeming to Dishforth under construction yesterday, sat at 50 mph minding my own business, A ■■■■ in a 54 plate Scania came flying past clearly ignoring the 6ft 6in limit in lane 2 procceded to start bullying car drivers who were in his way.
one poor victim had this ■■■■■■ about 5 feet off his rear bumper, with these 2 out in lane 2 about 200 yards in front of me, I could not see the car in front of the truck, although I knew it was there.
Does this sort of driver get off on how close they can get to the vehicle in front of them? either a car or another truck.
In the end said car driver moved into lane 2 just to get this ■■■■ off his rear end, if i had time to get camera out i woulda taken a pic of his and reported this so called profesional driver.
Some things that fellow drivers do, I have no interest in, wether legal or not, but putting other road users at risk is not on, I have lost count the amount of times i have seen this going on.
If they do this to trucks that are in front of them, well carry on doing it, they wont get any sympathy off me when ya crushed between the trailer in front and the back wall of ya cab.
Its ■■■■■ like you that give the rest of the drivers in this industry a bad name.
End of this rant, for now.

weeto:
Coming down the A1(M) Leeming to Dishforth under construction yesterday, sat at 50 mph minding my own business, A ■■■■ in a 54 plate Scania came flying past clearly ignoring the 6ft 6in limit in lane 2 procceded to start bullying car drivers who were in his way.
one poor victim had this [zb] about 5 feet off his rear bumper, with these 2 out in lane 2 about 200 yards in front of me, I could not see the car in front of the truck, although I knew it was there.
Does this sort of driver get off on how close they can get to the vehicle in front of them? either a car or another truck.
In the end said car driver moved into lane 2 just to get this [zb] off his rear end, if i had time to get camera out i woulda taken a pic of his and reported this so called profesional driver.
Some things that fellow drivers do, I have no interest in, wether legal or not, but putting other road users at risk is not on, I have lost count the amount of times i have seen this going on.
If they do this to trucks that are in front of them, well carry on doing it, they wont get any sympathy off me when ya crushed between the trailer in front and the back wall of ya cab.
Its [zb] like you that give the rest of the drivers in this industry a bad name.

You got one cliche in.

What about the kids?

interlog:

weeto:
one poor victim had this [zb] about 5 feet off his rear bumper, with these 2 out in lane 2 about 200 yards in front of me, I could not see the car in front of the truck, although I knew it was there.
In the end said car driver moved into lane 2 just to get this [zb] off his rear end, if i had time to get camera out i woulda taken a pic of his and reported this so called profesional driver.
Its [zb] like you that give the rest of the drivers in this industry a bad name.

You got one cliche in.

What about the kids?

Kids? no kids, they were wiped out when the ■■■■ in the scania crushed thier car into the truck in front!

One of my 1st disagreements on here, were with a certain member. He seemed adamant that he could tailgate and wouldn’t back down, even though he knew it’s wrong. They are just a shower of ■■■■■■■ who do this. I had it done by one of Eddies finest on the M5 recently. His brakes worked fine as I recall!! :wink:

Not particularly brave but likely to be out of work soon, which may not bother them if they are on peanuts but might bite them in the arse when they want references if a proper job ever comes up.

Many people have video facilities these days, whether their phone or proper video recorders, get recorded like that by the car they are harrassing and it often ends up with goodbye’s, it has where i work.

Juddian:
Not particularly brave but likely to be out of work soon, which may not bother them if they are on peanuts but might bite them in the arse when they want references if a proper job ever comes up.

Many people have video facilities these days, whether their phone or proper video recorders, get recorded like that by the car they are harrassing and it often ends up with goodbye’s, it has where i work.

Will be in future, prob my only bug about so called!!!
Gonna start dabbing the breaks when i have one of them ■■■■■ doing it behind me, just to see how alert they are, and wether they are thinking about the children as they go through the container doors, haha.

03:40ish every morning you’ll see a convoy of 5 artics straightlining the Cuckoo Bridge roundabout on the A75 at Dumfries all on the limiter with less than 10’ between any of them. They reach speeds just over 60mph (GPS, not clock) on the bypass. I keep well clear until the Collin bypass and get past them there (I’m in the car).

Stiupid of course

And to be controversial I will add tht this big pile up where some people lost their lives was caused by some of those Stiupid drivers ( car and lorry ) not by any fog or fireworks.

I seee them everyday and keep on thinking Driving Standards are Fd. :imp:

was there a good reason why the car couldn’t pull into lane 1?

limeyphil:

Was thinking that meself.
Not condoning the Scanny drivers(allegded)behaviour but perhaps the car driver overtook him as they were going into the roadworks,pulls in front ,brakes then proceeds at 48mph?
Happens all the time but no excuse for tailgating though.

FFS it happens everday, whats point on going on about for? weve all seen it happen well maybe not all but most have.

weeto:

That would have triggered a new thread about the dangers of taking pics whilst driving (the cops would have nicked you for it as well).

Suedehead:

limeyphil:

Not condoning the Scanny drivers(allegded)behaviour but perhaps the car driver overtook him as they were going into the roadworks,pulls in front ,brakes then proceeds at 48mph?

x2

But the 6’6" width restriction still means the truck shouldn’t be out there in the 1st place. Frustrating as it is when there’s people in front who can barely touch 40 in a 50 zone.

I don’t speed, am never in a rush (in my truck) but still get frustrated when I have to brake for some tool who gets a hard on by slowing everyone down.

Hello all, I do the A1m run every mon to fri, usually going through the roadworks at around 20.00 southbound & 05.00 north. I see the type of incident mentioned most nights. I nearly got put in the ditch last week coming in to the roadworks by some loon determined not to slow down or give an inch, he was so close he touched my mirror twice. Just need a little patience until you get to the wider part then, as far as I’m concerned, you can do what you want. I have to say though it does get frustrating when doing 50 to come up to car doing 48, pull out to overtake, this is when they usually wake up as they then pull away only to slow down again when you pull in. T#ats

Suedehead:

limeyphil:

The guy in the car was over taking, he wasnt any were near the truck at the begining of the road works he was in a group of traffic infront of us, the truck caught up with him when he caught up with another truck in lane 2, scanny driver sat on his arse for a bit until the car pulled into lane one to let ■■■■ brain to pass.

mickfly:

weeto:

That would have triggered a new thread about the dangers of taking pics whilst driving (the cops would have nicked you for it as well).

Very doubtful since the phone is on a windscreen mount.

mickfly:

weeto:

Very doubtful since the phone is on a windscreen mount.