Forgetting stuff

switchlogic:
If youre on a ferry when in freight drivers lounge mention that you can’t remember putting your handbrake on, you’ll be met with a sea of suddenly concerned faces and at least one at reception asking to go back down to check!

:laughing:

My pet hate about myself is losing stuff, just thoughtlessly putting things down for a minute, not remembering where, and not being able to find them.
Keys, tv control, glasses, to name a few, or the ‘‘I’ll put this somewhere safe’’ then not remembering where at a later date.
Always done it, always will. :smiling_imp:

for a similar reason i had to go to the doctors regarding this topic…
a cop found me sitting on a park bench and asked me why i was sitting crying late at night.
i told him.i live in a nice big house with my misses who is drop dead gorgeous.she feeds and waters me,looks after me and tends to my every need.
our ■■■ life is great,and im attended to lovingly in every way imaginable.
when he asked me why i was crying,i could only answer.i cant remember where i live… :cry:

Ha ha , you’re all doomed , wait until you reach retirement and there are none of the everyday things to remind you . Open the laptop to see what day/date it is , remembering things from years ago but forgetting what you had for dinner yesterday . It only gets worse as time takes its toll . In response to Dipper’s remarks , what are labia and what did I used to do with them ?

there are several options.
kebab shop trainees tend to look at them constantly so as to know how not to pack a kebab before offering it up for sale,to being sold as earmuffs from your high street retailer.
some have been photographed so that medical students can see what a rottweiler suffering from rabies looks like.
access to them can mostly depend on how much cash you have before of after consuming copious amounts of alcohol.
no doubt dd or others more informed on the subject may choose to enlighten you further. :slight_smile:

rigsby:
Ha ha , you’re all doomed , wait until you reach retirement and there are none of the everyday things to remind you . Open the laptop to see what day/date it is , remembering things from years ago but forgetting what you had for dinner yesterday . It only gets worse as time takes its toll . In response to Dipper’s remarks , what are labia and what did I used to do with them ?

They were for finger washing I think Dave? :confused: Eh, these lads think they have it bad now, just wait a few years and you realise that as you age each day is the best it will ever be and tomorrow will be worse! There, that’s cheered you all up hasn’t it haha! :laughing:

Pete.

I was going to post a reply but I’ve forgot what it was :blush:

rigsby:
In response to Dipper’s remarks , what are labia and what did I used to do with them ?

Also known as ‘beef curtains’ used mainly to keep ones ears warm.

I have had a poor memory all my life, can’t remember dates, numbers, place names, people.it can be a real pain sometimes. Yesterday in Asda my wife was talking to a young woman after I had to ask who it was,they have drifted apart now but she was my daughters best friend for twenty odd years, we’ve taken her out with us she has stayed at our house often she only lives a few doors away, I should know her well, but didn’t have a clue who she was. It’s always been like that. People don’t believe me and take offence but there’s nothing I can do about it and stopped caring a long time ago.
The strange thing is as I’m getting older, I’ll be 68 this year my memory is getting better not by much but it is.

My memory isn’t as good as it used to be. Oh, and I forget things. :smiley:

Much of it is down to sleep deprivation, not getting a proper sleep because at the time you should be in a deep sleep we’re at bloody work. If you’re on nights then if you’re one of those who is trying to have a normal sleep pattern on a weekend it can cause all kinds of problems.

As for the handbrake I’d not say it was so much forgetfulness as paranoia and I doubt you’re alone in giving it a double check.

your having what I term as a craft moment/ Can’t Remember A ■■■*ing Thing, comes with age I think.

The stress thing is spot on.

I remember a programe about the American Civil War.

Someone who excavated one of the big battlefields said they quite often found Confederate muzzle-loader muskets that that been loaded three or four times on top of each other by nervous soldiers.

When the Union soldiers started using magazine-fed rifles which (in the words of the rebels…“They could load on Sunday and fight with all week”) the nerves can only have got worse.

cheers fer the replies lads ! made intresting reading . i HAD until recently had a real load of stress on my plate. last year i had over £2k seized from my bank account by the tax man. i dunno if you lot are aware [i wasnt] but last Summer the Govt were granted new powers where if a Govt dept think you owe summat ,they can do a bank search and seize your money- with no notice to you- and the banks comply too. in the old days you got letters ,demands, and then went to court and then bailiffs but not now . this then leaves you having to prove youre innocent to get yer money back . Luckily for me i had kept bank statements going back 15yrs so i was able to prove my case-and i got it repaid back to me the day before Xmas. but yes it had my nerves frayed at the time!
and iv since made sure iv very little savings in the bank all under me bed from now on !

robroy:
My pet hate about myself is losing stuff, just thoughtlessly putting things down for a minute, not remembering where, and not being able to find them.
Keys, tv control, glasses, to name a few, or the ‘‘I’ll put this somewhere safe’’ then not remembering where at a later date.
Always done it, always will. :smiling_imp:

I get this every day .It’s kind of like self sabotage !!! .Really annoying to the point of rage hahaa .
Glad it is not just me .

corij:
cheers fer the replies lads ! made intresting reading . i HAD until recently had a real load of stress on my plate. last year i had over £2k seized from my bank account by the tax man. i dunno if you lot are aware [i wasnt] but last Summer the Govt were granted new powers where if a Govt dept think you owe summat ,they can do a bank search and seize your money- with no notice to you- and the banks comply too. in the old days you got letters ,demands, and then went to court and then bailiffs but not now . this then leaves you having to prove youre innocent to get yer money back . Luckily for me i had kept bank statements going back 15yrs so i was able to prove my case-and i got it repaid back to me the day before Xmas. but yes it had my nerves frayed at the time!
and iv since made sure iv very little savings in the bank all under me bed from now on !

They have to much power ,That is disgraceful .
Glad you sorted it out … :confused:

Done my last drop today, 1 hour later couldn’t remember where it was, took me an hour and a half to remember it was Auchterarder.

Another thing that’s happened to me on a few occasions when was tramping is that I’ve been driving on a motorway somewhere and all of a sudden I haven’t got a clue where I am. M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6? Haven’t got a scooby. Have no idea where I am going or where I started out from.

It’s always been a curiosity rather than something which panicked me because I knew that as soon as I got to the first advance warning board for the next junction then reality would kick back in, and it always did. But it was quite surreal floating along being totally lost somewhere I would have been to thousands of times before.

I’m trying to forget the fact I went to Baltic dispatch near Southend today what a Zb place to get to and load

Funnily enough, whatever else I forget, one thing I never forget when I’m in a supermarket RDC waiting room is that time when I was first onto on the balcony during the Iranian embassy siege. My fellow drivers are always thrilled to be regaled with my tales of derring-do. :stuck_out_tongue: