Lapsed license advice from an old driver

Hi all

Passed my HGV Class 1 in 1982, I let it lapse ten years later and retrained to work in the NHS. Now driving is looking rather good again compared to the BS hoops I have to jump through these days, so I am looking to get my license entitlement back. I have the D4 form downloaded and ready to fill in and I will be talking to my Dr tomorrow for a medical.

I would like advice on a reputable firm in North Wales or the North West that could get me to the new digi tachograph, I would also like to take a refresher course just to get my competency back, plus a HIAB cert as it looks like I may have a job waiting in that direction at LGV2.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Cheers

Tom

Dont forget your Dcpc!
Personally having seen what driving has to offer so far, some of the complete jobsworths in transport offices and the h&s BS depending on who you work for, if i had a job id stay in it.

How long is your license expired tom? I think after a length of time its fully expired and you’d need to resit your test again. I’ll stand corrected on this though.

Thanks for the swift replies.

I have spoken to DVLA and they informed me that my entitlement was still there, all I have to do is the medical etc. That was last year though.
To answer your question ytre, it expired 8 years ago on my 45 birthday.

Chunky monkey, the job I have now as a mental health nurse is so stressful due to budget crazy managers that it is effecting my health in a negative way, the patients make more sense than the managers… The thought of just getting into a wagon and doing the drops feels pretty good to me, even though I would be taking a considerable hit in salary, money isn’t everything.

I just need to find a place in North Wales or the North West to get my Dcpc, digi tachograph and a few hours driving as a refresher, and the HIAB.

Cheers

Tom

looking at your location one company to get everything you want jumps to mind = CHEVRON training at flint

they probably have a cheap medical as well

Hi ROG

Thanks very much for that, looks like I can get it all done there.

Many thanks

Tom

tom_wales:
Hi ROG

Thanks very much for that, looks like I can get it all done there.

Many thanks

Tom

The owner of that company is a member on here = chevmac = you could PM him :bulb: