First week proper tramping

robroy:
When I saw the thread title ‘Proper tramping’ I was expecting the stereotypical b/s myths of wet wipe washes, carrier bag khazis, pot noodles, lay bys, and unpaid security guard duties mentioned that you had suddenlly taken up. :laughing:

(On the other hand sadly, neither b/s OR myth for many. :unamused: )

Rob , no carrier bags , pot noddles or lay bys were harmed last week , nor was I an unpaid gorilla
Monday parked in an industrial estate in Waltham abbey by Lidl’s
Tuesday was parked at MTS in Aldridge west mids , Wednesday was parked at BS Taylor in Mansfield , Thursday was parked at a Farm hauliers yard in Borune lincs
All had toilets and showers , I had my own food and got a good nights sleep , woke up to untouched curtains and all my diesel left
I think the haulage company’s are as much to blame as they won’t pay for parking
I look at it this way £18 for parking equivalent to 3 gal of diesel or lose 80 gal to the fairy’s

New pastures

blue estate:

robroy:
When I saw the thread title ‘Proper tramping’ I was expecting the stereotypical b/s myths of wet wipe washes, carrier bag khazis, pot noodles, lay bys, and unpaid security guard duties mentioned that you had suddenlly taken up. :laughing:

Rob , no carrier bags , pot noddles or lay bys were harmed last week , nor was I an unpaid gorilla
Tuesday was parked at MTS in Aldridge west mids , Wednesday was parked at BS Taylor in Mansfield , Thursday was parked at a Farm hauliers yard in Borune lincs
All had toilets and showers , I had my own food and got a good nights sleep , woke up to untouched curtains and all my diesel left
I think the haulage company’s are as much to blame as they won’t pay for parking
I look at it this way £18 for parking equivalent to 3 gal of diesel or lose 80 gal to the fairy’s

New pastures

Sexist comments!
Leave the gals and fairies alone.

blue estate:

robroy:

New pastures

Yep, that’s the way to do it. :sunglasses: …too many idiots treating the job like an endurance excercise.
I was getting withdrawl symptoms when the pubs shut, going out for a quick pint and an evening meal, but even I’ve got used to being a cab hermit lately. :open_mouth:
Thing is it’s light evenings now,.so I’ll be getting itchy feet to be out… :smiley:

robroy:

blue estate:

robroy:

New pastures

Yep, that’s the way to do it. :sunglasses: …too many idiots treating the job like an endurance excercise.
I was getting withdrawl symptoms when the pubs shut, going out for a quick pint and an evening meal, but even I’ve got used to being a cab hermit lately. :open_mouth:
Thing is it’s light evenings now,.so I’ll be getting itchy feet to be out… :smiley:

I brought my self one of those mini Gas BBQ’s that use the canisters , so I’ll be having more fresh meat when the evenings are warmer

New pastures

Ok, but just don’t stand it on the diesel tank. :smiley:

robroy:
Ok, but just don’t stand it on the diesel tank. :smiley:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

New pastures

blue estate:

dozy:
Novelty of going from one end of the country does wears off when you wake up on a thurs morning with a drop to do in Aberdeen & a collection from Inverness & then you’ve got to get back to the depot , I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend
Should give that type of crap to the drivers who love to run in / do extra shifts , though I must admit I was told to drop all loads at Carlisle this week & pull a load back down south from round there , sense prevails at last

That’s because your planners are only looking after their own ■■■■ ,
My Friday was planned with drop in Bourne lincs then collect Mansfield to deliver to Chichester 15 miles from yard
5am start and was back in yard at 5:30 pm and that’s with a 1 1/2 hour wait for tyre fitter due to a puncture on trailer .
Don’t forget I chose this job knowing full well what it entailed[emoji6]

New pastures

I did brum , Cannock & was back in yard on a Thurs !!!
At 13.30 , a day & 4 hrs before you , or 3 1/2 days before robroy !!! So you didn’t pick that new job very well ha ha , as I say good luck with Aberdeen / Redruth & proper tramping I’ll stick to brum , & Carlisle is plenty far enough north for me these days

robroy:

dozy:
I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend

Ok doze I’ve been amused by your recent attempts to have a pop at me on different aspects on here, and took it in good part :laughing: , but slightly BEmused, considering how many times I’ve stuck ip for you in the past when you’ve been getting (self inflicted) dog’s abuse from most other members on here,…
So now it’s my turn mate, gloves are off.

You have come on here whinging about how Stobarts have treated you for [zb] years. :unamused:
The reason they treat you like that is that you have no self respect and ALLOW them to treat you like a doormat, while they sit back, take the ■■■■ whilst laughing their ■■■■■ off at you.
Keeping you out, planning you with virtual impossible tasks, knowing too well that you will try and achieve them and run to the last second to park up in the first unsuitable lay by [zb] hole you come to, whilst living on a diet of crap, which has evidently [zb] ed up your health from what you say.
Not to mention your driver record after getting caught willingly going over your time…think yourself lucky you did not do a month inside, Carlisle are well known for handing out ott punishments for blatant law breaking on tachos…re Boyles, Martin Olivers and Bells of Wigton…look them up.

You have done the job as long as, (or maybe even longer :open_mouth: ) than me, and you have learned nothing about how to look after yourself in this job, when it comes to being exploited by sharks in transport and d/heads in offices.

So now you make out as if you are some kind of victim…If you would rather …
;quote ‘‘Not be a proper tramper going an hour or two from depot’’
get another [zb] job!!!
Unless of course they are holding you hostage to it or summet, it can’t be that you need the cash, as you are always telling us your job is hobby type for ‘‘Pocket money’’…aye right, some hobby being treated like a James Hunt on a daily basis. :unamused:

I only hope the redeeming feature on all this is you are having us all over, having a giraffe at our expense, I have always suspected that, and hope I am right.
Cos I sometimes think that nobody your age with your experience could come across as being so [zb] naive and stupid…
Away man either come clean or get a grip ffs.

Dozy finished on a thurs at 13.30 this week rob , what day , time did you finish ? You’ve mentioned before , last driver out there on a sat night !! ■■■■■■ ofF on a Sunday as no- one helped some poor driver reversing ,you work b/ hols I don’t, you’ll run in , I won’t if I can get mrs etc to pick me up
, I finish apx thurs dinner time & I need to be more like you & the other 99 % on here who apparently stand up for themselves , get on with yourself , it’s not me who needs to stand up for myself , it’s you bloody idiots
And I stand 100% what I say , if being a real tramper means going to one end of the country to the other , I’d rather be not be a real tramper & do a couple of hours from the yard & especialy on a thurs
And as for standing up for me , thankyou , but my time on here is more to amuse myself at the nappy wearers on here
Any way got to go as need to read up on how joey Barton
Is getting on this week in taking us down , have you
Got home yet !!!

dozy:

robroy:

dozy:
I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend

Ok doze I’ve been amused by your recent attempts to have a pop at me on different aspects on here, and took it in good part :laughing: , but slightly BEmused, considering how many times I’ve stuck ip for you in the past when you’ve been getting (self inflicted) dog’s abuse from most other members on here,…

You have come on here whinging about how Stobarts have treated you for [zb] years. :unamused:
The reason they treat you like that is that you have no self respect and ALLOW them to treat you like a doormat, while they sit back, take the ■■■■ whilst laughing their ■■■■■ off at you.
Keeping you out, planning you with virtual impossible tasks, knowing too well that you will try and achieve them and run to the last second to park up in the first unsuitable lay by [zb] hole you come to, whilst living on a diet of crap, which has evidently [zb] ed up your health from what you say.
Not to mention your driver record after getting caught willingly going over your time…think yourself lucky you did not do a month inside, Carlisle are well known for handing out ott punishments for blatant law breaking on tachos…re Boyles, Martin Olivers and Bells of Wigton…look them up.

You have done the job as long as, (or maybe even longer :open_mouth: ) than me, and you have learned nothing about how to look after yourself in this job, when it comes to being exploited by sharks in transport and d/heads in offices.

get another [zb] job!!!
Unless of course they are holding you hostage to it or summet, it can’t be that you need the cash, as you are always telling us your job is hobby type for ‘‘Pocket money’’…aye right, some hobby being treated like a James Hunt on a daily basis. :unamused:

I only hope the redeeming feature on all this is you are having us all over, having a giraffe at our expense, I have always suspected that, and hope I am right.
Cos I sometimes think that nobody your age with your experience could come across as being so [zb] naive and stupid…

Dozy finished on a thurs at 13.30 this week rob , what day , time did you finish ? You’ve mentioned before , last driver out there on a sat night !! ■■■■■■ ofF on a Sunday as no- one helped some poor driver reversing ,you work b/ hols I don’t, you’ll run in , I won’t if I can get mrs etc to pick me up
, I finish apx thurs dinner time & I need to be more like you & the other 99 % on here who apparently stand up for themselves , get on with yourself , it’s not me who needs to stand up for myself , it’s you bloody idiots
And I stand 100% what I say , if being a real tramper means going to one end of the country to the other , I’d rather be not be a real tramper & do a couple of hours from the yard & especialy on a thurs
And as for standing up for me , thankyou , but my time on here is more to amuse myself at the nappy wearers on here
Any way got to go as need to read up on how joey Barton
Is getting on this week in taking us down , have you
Got home yet !!!

:laughing: It ain’t a competition doze, :unamused: :smiley: … but if you’re really interested I started on my normal start day (Wed) at 0720, and finished on my normal finish day (Sat) back in yard for 1030 am,.and in the house for 12 having a coffee…so got about 45ish hours in I think it was.

Look mate, it’s you who has came on here for last no of years telling us how badly done to you are, being ran ragged etc, not me, so…what’s your point exactly?

As for Sat nights out/run in Sunday,.I can count on one hand (and still have some fingers left) how many times that has happened in last 12 months or so,.and even then I wasn’t forced into it, my contract is Sat finish, so I could easy just say ‘No’…So again what’s your point?

As for working Bank Hols, …aye one a year Good Friday as my week is Wed to Sat., and what are you rambling on about…watching a driver reverse?? :neutral_face:

Hope that clarifies.

Anyhoo if your life HAS changed and you have gone from being played for a ■■■■ by your planers to having an easy life, nice one.

Can’t stay long in a rush
You passed jct 19 of m6 at 6.30 & were in yard in Newcastle at 10.30 am , that’s never legal I know
I started at 6 am tues & finished 13.30 thurs so on a short week for you I still did a day less , and apparently I need to change my ways
I work mon - Thursday , so Monday the 5 th ( b/h ) was part of my working week ,so I just put down holiday on my work portal ,and when they rang & said can you help us out , we’re desperate , we’ve no- one to drive your lorry , I said No
I’ve worked for 45 yrs, it’s never been any different , if you wNt a bank hol off , you book it off as a holiday , did you ask for it off rob ?

I’m doing proper tramping tonight as I’m parked up in N.Ireland so have to be security guard for £25. :wink:

Cheers doze for taking me under your wing and becoming my mentor.
I’ll endeavour from now on to emulate your ways,.and I hope I become worthy of being your scholar.
You just keep on keeping me right mate,.and let me know when/where I’m going wrong .
I’ve opened an account with Ginsters,.and stocking up on line with baby wipes as we speak.
You can call me ‘Grasshopper’ from now on. :sunglasses:

Check out my new signature btw…It’s now official. :smiley:

Well after week 2 , I decently know where most of my stress etc in my old job was coming from [emoji6]
Utterly poor planer , back biting coworkers and bad upper management
I now look forward to the challenge again of getting drops loaded and tipped , plus no waiting for jobs blogs to bring your trailer back even though it would have been quicker for you to go and get it [emoji49][emoji49]

New pastures

robroy:

tmcassett:

robroy:

dozy:

get another [zb] job!!!

Bottom line, he’s a troll. Been caught out 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years or so. Each time he has disappeared for a while after and then re-appeared in the hope people have forgotten.

I look upon him as a ‘Friendly troll’ :smiley: he’s harmless, and sometimes funny…albeit for maybe the wrong reasons…and tbf entertaining on the forum. :smiley:
Some of the present and past trolls on here are/were complete arse holes , dozy ain’t. (See? I still love him even if he don’t love me anymore :frowning: :laughing: )
That is why I have gone along with him over the years, and been tactful, but lately for some reason he’s ‘‘turned on me’’ (#dramaqueen :blush: :laughing: ) maybe he’s just jealous of my cool demeanour unbelievable good looks… and modesty :laughing:

No Rob, he’s more likely to be jealous of your good points. :wink:

^^^^;;;;
Ain’t got any mate. :laughing: :laughing:

toonsy:

dozy:
Novelty of going from one end of the country does wears off when you wake up on a thurs morning with a drop to do in Aberdeen & a collection from Inverness & then you’ve got to get back to the depot , I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend
Should give that type of crap to the drivers who love to run in / do extra shifts , though I must admit I was told to drop all loads at Carlisle this week & pull a load back down south from round there , sense prevails at last

Why don’t you tell your agency you don’t want nights out then? And to place you with another client? And drop to three or four days a week?

You’re a casual worker. You can pick and choose.

I already work mon - thurs , why would I ask them for a 4 day week , they told me I couldn’t have days as I live over 30 mins from depot , which is right , I’m not traveling apx 55 miles each way ( about a hour ) each way daily
I want a full time job but I can’t see a new employer wearing me having 1/2 days per week off , often at short notice , whereas as these said they would

tmcassett:

robroy:

dozy:

get another [zb] job!!!

Bottom line, he’s a troll. Been caught out 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years or so. Each time he has disappeared for a while after and then re-appeared in the hope people have forgotten.

Are you really that thick , yes , I’m on moderation & have been for years , as Dennis said 99 % of your post go in the random crap bin , so out of 100 posts I do only 1 appears , then you go on about I disappear , no moderators just don’t allow the posts , & when they do it can take days if ever before they appear
As for I’ve been showed up , yes like you & your mates were claiming I’d never been to magistrates court weren’t you , when I posted all the fines , court papers up , charges etc where did you go ,not a word was there , but now your claiming you called me out as I was trolling !!! What about the £1,000 per week , best you & your mates could come up with was a tax rebate , ha ha , a ■■■■■■■ tax rebate , then when I posted some more up , silence , let’s change the ■■■■■■■ subject was your answer
Rob k your not ( as imitations go your a ■■■■ Chinese version

^^^^^;;
Don’t mention the Chinese ffs, you’ll set Carryfast off again. :laughing: