New job first week tramping

I’m starting a new job tomorrow tramping doing full loads UK .Anybody do full loads who can tell me what it’s like .I think you just drive , parkup and unload in the morning .Sounds like easy work for what I thought of a tramping job .Anybody do full loads ?

:confused: :confused:

all my loads are full loads but I can do some times 3 in one day, so it might not be as easy as you think :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

wildfire:
all my loads are full loads but I can do some times 3 in one day, so it might not be as easy as you think :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Guy told me at the most 2 mate .

truck11:

wildfire:

Well in that case it will be drive, tip, drive, reload, drive, tip, drive, reload, drive, park up, knackered, sleep. :wink:

truck11:
I’m starting a new job tomorrow tramping doing full loads UK .Anybody do full loads who can tell me what it’s like .I think you just drive , parkup and unload in the morning .Sounds like easy work for what I thought of a tramping job .Anybody do full loads ?

If you’re doing tramping you definitely don’t want to be doing full loads. You should tell your transport manager that because you do tramping you can only do half loads.

Rob K:

truck11:

If you’re doing tramping you definitely don’t want to be doing full loads. You should tell your transport manager that because you do tramping you can only do half loads.

Lol

4whatitsworth:

truck11:

wildfire:

Well in that case it will be drive, tip, drive, reload, drive, tip, drive, reload, drive, park up, knackered, sleep. :wink:

ah welcome to the life of a tramper :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

truck11:

I got told ma mostly one though mate .

truck11:

Having done tramping most of my life I can tell you it varies a lot.You may do a full load local,then load an d travel somewere 200mls away night out,del next day reload for elseware not back home,you get the idea you can be out all week.Hope this helps.
regards dave.

P.S. You may be woring max hrs as well depends on the job,good luck.

I just manage to do one load a day,that’s enough for anyone out most of the week.

I’m bored so i might shoot a full load.

bald bloke:

Watching those type of films will usually do that. :wink: :smiley:

Thetaff2:

bald bloke:

Watching those type of films will usually do that. :wink: :smiley:

Yeah that’s usually the end result. :smiley: :blush:

Best of luck. Would say that as you will prob max your hours to the full, take a note of whats around you when you collect or tip. Useful knowledge of parking places on route or near to where you end up at the days end, will make life easier. A lot will depend on the aspect of your haulage. If its bulkers then dont be afraid to ask farmers if you can park on the farm - esp if you can where loading as you can have a good nights sleep - and not be woken by some ■■■ - usually foreign running his fridge all night! :laughing:

lightning:
Best of luck. Would say that as you will prob max your hours to the full, take a note of whats around you when you collect or tip. Useful knowledge of parking places on route or near to where you end up at the days end, will make life easier. A lot will depend on the aspect of your haulage. If its bulkers then dont be afraid to ask farmers if you can park on the farm - esp if you can where loading as you can have a good nights sleep - and not be woken by some ■■■ - usually foreign running his fridge all night! :laughing:

+1

Waiting for the next wind-up??
Boss wants me to take a full load of fresh air to Barcelona , any advice?

bottles or crates ■■? :smiley:

Dogsbody:
Waiting for the next wind-up??
Boss wants me to take a full load of fresh air to Barcelona , any advice?

And a return load of sky hooks.

Shame you got a load of fresh air for Barcelona, as a company near me has 26 pallets of glider engines to Barcelona :open_mouth: